Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nerves Are Starting To Kick In

Wow, this is becoming really real for me now. Had my preadmissions testing in the hospital and met with anestheoligst(sp?). I needed a chext x-ray, EKG, and blood work. They also told me all about what they will do presurgery. My nerves are definately starting to kick it. However, I am still 110% optimistic.

Day 3 of my preop diet now. Day 1 & 2 went really well, but today I have that nagging diet Headache that I usually always get when changing my eating habits.

How's everybody else doing today?

I am so ready. I have a follow up next week then pre op on April 10th, but I hope I can get the doctor to move the date closer since I don't have to deal with insurance drama.

Wow, going through insurance was one of the most "nail biting" times. My insurance covered this, but I was petrified of denial. Thankfully, I had no problems. There are so many posts of denials. Good luck on trying to get your date moved up.

I am on vacation and it is so hard to not eat as if it is my last meal. I'm trying to "remember" the full feeling. Nervous about some changing behaviors and social situations. B-day parties coming up! I'm sure I'll have to leave the room when cake is being served.

I am on vacation and it is so hard to not eat as if it is my last meal. I'm trying to "remember" the full feeling. Nervous about some changing behaviors and social situations. B-day parties coming up! I'm sure I'll have to leave the room when cake is being served.

Just have a taste and throw it away :)

I just paid!!!! Im a self-pay so there is some nervousness knowing I just gave a large chunk of savings away- but there is also relief that a good change is coming.

I have a tennative date of April 19th- waiting for scheduling confirmation. Soooooo excited! I have been reading blogs and success stories every night before bed and then having dreams about being thin, healthy and not food obsessed. If I could do it tomorrow I would!

I have to hold a brave face because my husband is soooooo scared for me and dont want to freak him out and I am not telling anyone else. That being said.... deep down inside I am kinda nervous about the surgery. Havent ever been in a hospital before- so its the unknown that is unsettling.

I cant wait to hear how all the other April 2012 sleevers are doing!!

Snoho1,

Congrats on your surgery date!! I went through the same thing last night with my husband. He just showed his true emotions to me last night . . . nothing like waiting to the last week :wacko:. So now I am more nervous than I was before. However, I'm still 100% certain I'm doing the right thing, but all kinds of different emotions are coming out.

Tomorrow is preop admission stuff for me, plus the visit with the surgeon, nut, etc. And when I give them my $$ and convince myself this is going to work. :unsure: April 10 seems far away since it's still March!

I'm having a hard time convincing myself I could actually be thin. Nothing has worked before and I don't want to get my hopes up. Trying to maintain a positive attitude!

Tomorrow is preop admission stuff for me, plus the visit with the surgeon, nut, etc. And when I give them my $$ and convince myself this is going to work. :unsure: April 10 seems far away since it's still March!

I'm having a hard time convincing myself I could actually be thin. Nothing has worked before and I don't want to get my hopes up. Trying to maintain a positive attitude!

Good luck tomorrow on your preop admission. It will really hit you tomorrow that you are doing this. It didn't really hit me until I had my admissions testing. April 10 is only 2 weeks away. That's going to go so fast!!

I also have the same mental things going on in my head right now . . . my main one is, what if I fail or what if I lose and put all the weight back on again like all of my other weight loss attempts. Hang in there!! We are going to do great, be thin, and feel fantastic!!! :D

I am doing pretty well on the 2 week preop liquid diet. I have had a headache as well. My nerves are still good. Hard to beieve surgery is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I put a countdown app on my phone. LOL That makes it real to me.

So glad to hear that people are excited!

I got an interesting call today- my surgery has been moved up to 4/4/12! Thats only a week away!

New mantra: "its gonna be alllllllll good"!

Snoho -- congrats!! What a wonderful surprise!!

Snoho, That's great news!! You will have the same surgery date as me :)

The very best of luck to you all!

It's all good. Just remember that whilst this surgery is scary if we don't do this for our health we risk an even scarier future by leaving ourselves open to all sorts of major health problems in the not too distant future. That and it'll be great being able to wear high-heeled shoes without the circulation stopping in my toes because of the weight the balls of my feet are having to support!! :D

My date is not until April 26 so I'll be watching with great interest and joy as you shrink day by day...

Nearly forgot... What have you decided to tell people? My nutritionist said that I should decide what I'm going to tell people as, because the weight loss is rapid, people will assume I'm ill! Are you telling people in advance, after the op, or not at all?