Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

I had surgery on 4/11. I am cleared to try ground beef and lettuces this week. Yesteray I had Wendy's chili for lunch. Was able to eat 3 spoons of it. I was stuffed!! Had 3 more spoons for dinner (wasn't as filling as lunch). It went down smoothly and tasted delish!!! Guess whats for lunch?? LOL That $1.25 is going to go a long way.

I have my 3 week post op appt tomorrow. Anxious to see what dr office scale says.

Everyone is doing a great job!!

Have anyone experienced choking in your chest after eating? Or am I eating too fast? I just ate mashed sweet potatoes and I had to walk hard to get it to move down. It's moments like this that makes me want to stick to my Protein drinks! Ugh

Have anyone tried Pasta on the soft food stage?

God... Anything chewable would be nice. Sleeved 4-18. Had one week of Clear Liquids, not even Protein Shakes, and am still on 4 week full liquids. To add to it, only down 17 pounds in the 3 weeks since surgery. But staying positive. When else would I have lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks and know for certain that will be the last time I see that number on the scale

Have anyone tried Pasta on the soft food stage?

Yes, I have. Twice now and it did not sit well either time. I tried it one week apart. I made white meat ground turkey last night with low sodium taco seasoning and melted a bit of cheese over it and a bit of mild salsa. It was really good. Got about 2.5 oz. down and sat well. Chewed it to mush. Had more for lunch today, along with Motts pear applesauce. All of that sat well. I tried the berry applesauce and the pear sat better. Beans... refried, blended, any way you look at it has just pushed me over the edge and made me sick with just one teaspoon. Same with Peanut Butter. Can't do it. Not even in a smoothy.

Hope this helps.

God... Anything chewable would be nice. Sleeved 4-18. Had one week of clear liquids' date=' not even Protein shakes, and am still on 4 week full liquids. To add to it, only down 17 pounds in the 3 weeks since surgery. But staying positive. When else would I have lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks and know for certain that will be the last time I see that number on the scale[/quote']

Do stay positive. That is really good. Congrats on that 17 pounds. Slow is actually better for your health. Keep up the good work and try gum to satisfy that urge to chew.

Is anyone experiencing bad acid reflux? I'm not eating much, so I'm wondering if the Syntrax apple ecstasy Protein Powder or the prune juice or v8. If anyone is taking acid reflux medicine, are you crushing it or swallowing the pill? My doctor put me on medicine yesterday, but didn't tell me how to take it.I'm 3 weeks postop today, and have lost 30 pounds and started on soft foods today.

Is anyone experiencing bad acid reflux? I'm not eating much' date=' so I'm wondering if the Syntrax apple ecstasy Protein powder or the prune juice or v8. If anyone is taking acid reflux medicine, are you crushing it or swallowing the pill? My doctor put me on medicine yesterday, but didn't tell me how to take it.I'm 3 weeks postop today, and have lost 30 pounds and started on soft foods today.[/quote']

I've had bad acid reflux since I've jumped from Pre to post. My DR said to crush the pills but i take him both ways whole and crushed. They reflux is driving me crazy! In the beginning I got it A LOT now I only get it a few times a day. It hits me the hardest in the morning and at work. I hope this **** passes soon cause I can't stand it. :(

Yes, I have. Twice now and it did not sit well either time. I tried it one week apart. I made white meat ground turkey last night with low sodium taco seasoning and melted a bit of cheese over it and a bit of mild salsa. It was really good. Got about 2.5 oz. down and sat well. Chewed it to mush. Had more for lunch today, along with Motts pear applesauce. All of that sat well. I tried the berry applesauce and the pear sat better. Beans... refried, blended, any way you look at it has just pushed me over the edge and made me sick with just one teaspoon. Same with Peanut Butter. Can't do it. Not even in a smoothy.

Hope this helps.

OMG--can so identify with the peanut butter thing--had what I refer to as a "near death experience" after adding peanut butter into a smoothie a couple of nights ago. I was so sick! It felt more like motion sickness than typical nausea. It will be a loooooooonnnnnngggg time before I try any pb again! :wacko:

To Jimmy, my acid reflux just started this week and it is extremely bad when I first wake up! Have you figured out what is causing it, or is it everything you eat or drink?

I've had bad acid reflux since I've jumped from Pre to post. My DR said to crush the pills but i take him both ways whole and crushed. They reflux is driving me crazy! In the beginning I got it A LOT now I only get it a few times a day. It hits me the hardest in the morning and at work. I hope this **** passes soon cause I can't stand it. :(

I am on a double dose of omeprazole. 20 mg a.m. and 20 mg p.m. they found ulcers when I had my EGD so that is why I am on that dose. I am to take it for 6 months. I swallow mine, but I asked if I was healed enough to do so. I really feel it after I eat, when I wake up and at night. Certain foods make it worse.

OMG--can so identify with the Peanut Butter thing--had what I refer to as a "near death experience" after adding Peanut Butter into a smoothie a couple of nights ago. I was so sick! It felt more like motion sickness than typical nausea. It will be a loooooooonnnnnngggg time before I try any pb again! :wacko:

LOL and I used to love it. Beef of any kind gives me terrible heart burn even with the omeprazole so that is off my list as well for now. I tried roast and ground beef. Yuck. Tasted good, but man did I pay shortly after even though I eat slow and chew food to dust.

To Jimmy' date=' my acid reflux just started this week and it is extremely bad when I first wake up! Have you figured out what is causing it, or is it everything you eat or drink?[/quote']

Do not eat anything with oil, sugar or spices... Stach can't handle it... But it will get better I promise... Mine still bothersome but no longer troublesome

I am on a double dose of omeprazole. 20 mg a.m. and 20 mg p.m. they found ulcers when I had my EGD so that is why I am on that dose. I am to take it for 6 months. I swallow mine' date=' but I asked if I was healed enough to do so. I really feel it after I eat, when I wake up and at night. Certain foods make it worse.[/quote']

Well I'm on a triple dose lol.... 7am- 2pm- 9pm-

It's the only way I'm able to eat with suffering those awful lava burns of the stomach

Have anyone experienced choking in your chest after eating? Or am I eating too fast? I just ate mashed sweet potatoes and I had to walk hard to get it to move down. It's moments like this that makes me want to stick to my Protein drinks! Ugh

I experienced it once and I did eat too fast. I too had to get up and walk

Also, when I went to my support group and was told that potatoes are one of those things that are tricky because they can be dense and doesn't take much to feel full. I had a potato and cheese Soup and it went down okay. It didn't take much to get full though. I can relate when it is said that our dollars are stretched after being sleeved. I too can not do Peanut Butter. It was way too dense for me.

Monday I move on to shrimp, ground beef, lunch meat, cheese and chicken. I am excited. I went to the store to buy supplies and found so much and know it is going to last me quite a while, so my grocery bill is going down :D