Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Can't Figure Out What The Correct Balance Is...

Calories, Protein, Vitamins, fluids.... UUUGGGGHHH! I am going to list what I am eating daily right now and YES I am aware that the calories are probably too low, not enough fluids, etc, etc. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I am 2 weeks out tomorrow and am in the mushies stage.

Breakfast

8 oz of Water with 1/2 packet Protein powder (the whole pack is 23 grams protein)... it takes a couple hours to get it all down...

lunch

Large tablespoon of cottage cheese

Large tablespoon of pureed canned fruit (usually peaches)

snack

4 - 8 oz water

dinner

Large tablespoon of something pureed such as tuna, shredded chicken with cheese, or spaghetti (none of these have made my stomach feel good :(...)

Freeze pop before bed

At some point during the day I take a large bariatric chewable Vitamin...

2 major problems: food is relatively unappealing to me with the exception of steak and salad which I can't have and I feel very full for a long time and if I sip water with my meal it flushes me out immediately and severly... :(

I'm sure you have done some research but at this stage, I'd go with this (also try to include some Protein shakes in):

High-protein foods:

- eggs (cooked with minimal fat)

- Light or low-fat yogurt

- Low-fat cottage cheese

- Soft fish (baked, broiled, grilled)

- Small or baby shrimp, scallops, crab

- tuna fish (fat-free mayo is okay)

- Tender cooked or ground poultry

- Tender cooked or ground beef or pork

- Bean and lentil dishes and Soups

- Fat free refried Beans

- Low-fat luncheon meats (turkey, roast beef, sliced thin)

- Shredded or soft low-fat cheeses

- Tofu (soy) mixed in Soup or vegetables

Other foods (Not as recommended because lower in protein):

- oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits (thinned)

- Softened cold Cereal

- Cooked, soft vegetables

- Soft fruits without skin or canned in natural juices

- Crackers and pretzels chewed well

- Potatoes

- Low-fat Soups

- Very dry toast

- Soft lettuce (green leaf or Boston Bibb)

Soft foods to avoid:

- Sticky foods

- bread (may tolerate if toasted)

- Sticky rice

- Pasta (especially overcooked or large noodles)

- Melted stringy cheese

- macaroni and cheese

- Peanut Butter

Crunchy fibrous foods:

- Raw vegetables

- fruit and vegetable skins

- Nuts

- popcorn

- chips

- Coconut

- Iceberg lettuce

I was instructed and have followed religiously NO drinking 30 minutes prior to eating and 30 mins after eating.

Also, I used a timer on my phone. I would wake and drink a Protein Shake, set my timer for 30 minutes, eat a mushie, set timer for 30 minutes, drink 8 ounces of Fluid, set my timer, eat a mushie, set timer....etc. the entire day. It helped me get in 600 calories a day while I was losing. But I think while I was at 2 weeks I was lucky to get 400 calories a day and I would do atleast 2 Protein Shakes a day. Can you add milk to your shake instead of Water ? helps get in some calories.

Do I need to try to eat more food? Protein? calories? I don't want to over eat and I don't feel hungry so I am trying to find a happy medium...?

I was instructed and have followed religiously NO drinking 30 minutes prior to eating and 30 mins after eating.

Also, I used a timer on my phone. I would wake and drink a Protein shake, set my timer for 30 minutes, eat a mushie, set timer for 30 minutes, drink 8 ounces of Fluid, set my timer, eat a mushie, set timer....etc. the entire day. It helped me get in 600 calories a day while I was losing. But I think while I was at 2 weeks I was lucky to get 400 calories a day and I would do atleast 2 Protein shakes a day. Can you add milk to your shake instead of Water ? helps get in some calories.

I was originally mixing it with milk - 1% or 2%- but it seemed to keep me full for sooooo long...?

Calories, Protein, Vitamins, fluids.... UUUGGGGHHH! I am going to list what I am eating daily right now and YES I am aware that the calories are probably too low, not enough fluids, etc, etc. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I am 2 weeks out tomorrow and am in the mushies stage.

Breakfast

8 oz of Water with 1/2 packet Protein Powder (the whole pack is 23 grams protein)... it takes a couple hours to get it all down...

lunch

snack

4 - 8 oz Water

dinner

Large tablespoon of something pureed such as tuna, shredded chicken with cheese, or spaghetti (none of these have made my stomach feel good :(...)

Freeze pop before bed

At some point during the day I take a large bariatric chewable Vitamin...

2 major problems: food is relatively unappealing to me with the exception of steak and salad which I can't have and I feel very full for a long time and if I sip water with my meal it flushes me out immediately and severly... :(

Breakfast

8 oz of water with 1/2 packet protein powder (the whole pack is 23 grams protein)... it takes a couple hours to get it all down...

lunch

Snack

4 - 8 oz water

dinner

Freeze pop before bed

At some point during the day I take a large bariatric chewable vitamin...

You are doing great! Your only 2 weeks out and this is a time to coddle your stomach. I was doing Soups, Protein drinks, yogurt, pudding sf, until 3 weeks out. I could hardly eat anything.

I don't drink fluids with my meals. I follow the rule of 30/30. 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after. Take it one day at a time. Oh, btw, Protein Drinks count as liquids at this point in your recovery.

Are you on a PPI? You could be experiencing hunger when it's actually acid or gas in your stomach. A PPI is omeprazole, nexium, tums, etc. If in doubt call your surgeon's office for a prescription.

GOOD JOB and CONGRATS on your success! ;)

Massindex, I am copying your most helpful list!

In my opinion you should eat only what you feel like...unless that is nothing all day long...if food isnt appealing stick with Protein Shakes. You will feel like food again but you will be a lot skinnier when you do!