Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2012 Vsg

I'm kinda stuck around this 206 mark and am guessing it will move at some point. Hoping anyway. I am getting anywhere from 700-1000 calories a day as intake but then my exercise drops it by about 300 so am confused if I am suppose to eat more to have a net of 1000 or what? My NUT is just that a nut - doesn't seem like she knows much more then me. All she says is to be low carb - keep them under 30. Well I am doing that.

Ok my March 2012 Sleevers,

I have a question about a product I found in the store. It is call Silk Soy and Protein, which you can usually find in the Diary aisle. My questiion is in trying to ensure I am eating the correct items. I was wondering if anyone has heard as to whether this product was good for us or is this one of those product who claims to be healthy but it really is not. The reason why I ask is because 1, it taste so good and 2. it has 25g of sugar which the label say is evaporate sugar. I just want to ensure I am eating correctly and if this product is good for me to drink.

Hey Fellow Sleevers!!

I wanted to update everyone. Unfortunately I have to be the Downer of the day. I've been to the ER twice for a gallbladder attack and dehydration. I seriously did not eat for 4 days because the nausea was 24/7. I couldn't even hug my husband because of his cologne. I just thought it was my cycle and decided to push through. But I had the gallbladder attack Friday and I seriously thought I was dying!

My heart rate shot up to 113, my BP dropped, and I could feel myself blacking out. Now, the scary part about all of this is since I have medical training, I knew EXACTLY what was happening, which freaked me out more LOL

I can laugh about it now, but then, I really thought I was a goner. I have an appointment to talk to my surgeon about yet another surgery to have this thing removed.

Take away points:

If you have gallbladder stones, symptoms whatever before your surgery, its best just to get that thing out of there before you have an attack. The gallbladder is not a happy camper once you start losing weight and it will not get better. It's too close to the pancreas and liver to have tantrums.

Do NOT take your symptoms for granted. Your body is not the same as it was before this surgery so normal symptoms may be a sign of something else. You may feel like a hyperchondriac, but better safe than sorry.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!! Scary movie night :)

Glad to know you knew what it was and were able to make sure you went to the ER! Let us know when the surgery is so I can kick up the prayers!! :)

Is your profile pic a new one? You look fabulous!

Glad to know you knew what it was and were able to make sure you went to the ER! Let us know when the surgery is so I can kick up the prayers!! :)

Is your profile pic a new one? You look fabulous!

Thanks Liberated!! Yes it's a new pic and Thanks for the compliment!! When I'm not nauseated I FEEL fabulous!

I'm kinda stuck around this 206 mark and am guessing it will move at some point. Hoping anyway. I am getting anywhere from 700-1000 calories a day as intake but then my exercise drops it by about 300 so am confused if I am suppose to eat more to have a net of 1000 or what? My NUT is just that a nut - doesn't seem like she knows much more then me. All she says is to be low carb - keep them under 30. Well I am doing that.

My Nut is a Nut too. I get more sound nutritional advice from this board than I have from her. I hope you find an answer to your question soon! Did you post in the nutrition/workout section?

Ok my March 2012 Sleevers,

I have a question about a product I found in the store. It is call Silk Soy and Protein, which you can usually find in the Diary aisle. My questiion is in trying to ensure I am eating the correct items. I was wondering if anyone has heard as to whether this product was good for us or is this one of those product who claims to be healthy but it really is not. The reason why I ask is because 1, it taste so good and 2. it has 25g of sugar which the label say is evaporate sugar. I just want to ensure I am eating correctly and if this product is good for me to drink.

Mrs. Riene,

Are you talking about Silk soymilk? If so, I have used it with no issues. It's a good way to get in Protein if you have become lactose intolerant like I have.

My Nut is a Nut too. I get more sound nutritional advice from this board than I have from her. I hope you find an answer to your question soon! Did you post in the nutrition/workout section?

I upped my calories for a few days and then lowered them in the next couple of days along with taking it off from the gym and just slow walking giving my body a rest basically and lost 2 lbs. :) Hopefully it was just a stall (instead of the 3 week it hit me in between the 4-5?)

I upped my calories for a few days and then lowered them in the next couple of days along with taking it off from the gym and just slow walking giving my body a rest basically and lost 2 lbs. :) Hopefully it was just a stall (instead of the 3 week it hit me in between the 4-5?)

that may be so. I hope the scale keeps on moving for you!!

Mrs. Riene,

Are you talking about Silk soymilk? If so, I have used it with no issues. It's a good way to get in Protein if you have become lactose intolerant like I have.

Thanks NaturalRhapsody33.

Since my post I finally called my NUT to find out if it was something I can add to my list of items I can eat. She at first said the it contains a lot of sugar until I read the label and she them changed her mind. I told her that I use in my smoothies which additional Protein Powder. I am trying to get in 81g - 100g of Protein a day to help to ensure my hair loss in minimal. I eat a lot of tuna which has 23g of protein per serving, in addition I add an hard boil egg that I mash up to a point it is mush.

Also sorry to here you were in the ER. In my research prior to the surgery I heard a lot of people talk about gallbadder surgery after the VSG. I was wondering if in all cases of the VSG this was a side effect. I have never had an issue with my gallbadder. So I was wonder if I would now that I had the surgery.

Update on status!

It has been several weeks since my last post. Well I am doing great, my scar are healing nicely as a matter of fact some are almost gone, I have been using Medema since the steril strip fell off and it has really helped. The biggest scar is still there but I feel it will be a little less visible in time. My diet is going well, I have not had any of the awful side effect that some people have reported. The last time I was on here I had only lost about 22Ibs, I haven't weigh myself in a couple of weeks because I was getting very frustrated when I notice the scale would move up a pound and then back down. So I figure I would only weight myself monthly. I can definitely tell I am loosing because my clothes are fitting me differently and I already had to give some of my big girl clothes to a friend. My only problem is I won't to get more active but my doctor told me I needed to wait 30 days, which will be April 28th, boy I cannot wait. I just want to start working on my arms and legs to build muscle. In my younger days I had muscle because I ran cross country and track. I just want to get back to lifting and instead of running I am going to invest in a bike. I heard it was better on your body.

Well I hope everybody is getting long well. Also NaturalRapadsody33 I saw your post regarding you gallbladder. I am glad to here you are out of the hospital and recovering. You take it easy and make sure you heal well. I will be praying for you on a successful recovery.

Update on status!

It has been several weeks since my last post. Well I am doing great, my scar are healing nicely as a matter of fact some are almost gone, I have been using Medema since the steril strip fell off and it has really helped. The biggest scar is still there but I feel it will be a little less visible in time. My diet is going well, I have not had any of the awful side effect that some people have reported. The last time I was on here I had only lost about 22Ibs, I haven't weigh myself in a couple of weeks because I was getting very frustrated when I notice the scale would move up a pound and then back down. So I figure I would only weight myself monthly. I can definitely tell I am loosing because my clothes are fitting me differently and I already had to give some of my big girl clothes to a friend. My only problem is I won't to get more active but my doctor told me I needed to wait 30 days, which will be April 28th, boy I cannot wait. I just want to start working on my arms and legs to build muscle. In my younger days I had muscle because I ran cross country and track. I just want to get back to lifting and instead of running I am going to invest in a bike. I heard it was better on your body.

Well I hope everybody is getting long well. Also NaturalRapadsody33 I saw your post regarding you gallbladder. I am glad to here you are out of the hospital and recovering. You take it easy and make sure you heal well. I will be praying for you on a successful recovery.

Thanks Mrs. Riene!!

I'm happy to hear that you are healing well! I've been using the ScarGuardMD and before my last surgery, it really helped with reducing the scaring. The good thing is she reused some of my incisions from the sleeve and went throught my belly button. the Upside is I finally have an inny (belly button)!

I admire your will power to only weigh monthly. I'm having a hard time trying to go every two days!! Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks Mrs. Riene!!

I'm happy to hear that you are healing well! I've been using the ScarGuardMD and before my last surgery, it really helped with reducing the scaring. The good thing is she reused some of my incisions from the sleeve and went throught my belly button. the Upside is I finally have an inny (belly button)!

I admire your will power to only weigh monthly. I'm having a hard time trying to go every two days!! Keep us posted on your progress.

NaturalRhapsody33, glad to hear you are feeling better and that your surgeon was able to use your VSG cuts plus now you have a new thing to Celebrate a inny belly button. This sound like a win win to me.

Today is one day short of my 4 weeks since my surgery and I am happy to report that I have lost drum roll please, 33 lbs total since the start of this journey. I lost about 7lbs prior during the liquid diet phase and 26 after surgery. I know I said that was only going to weigh myself each month, but I figure since tomorrow marks 4 weeks since my surgery, measuring myself a day before was not going show anything differently today then it would tomorrow. Also yesterday I walked 3 miles, it felt so good and then I went to dance practice. I woke up this morning feeling really good and refresh. When I looked in the mirror for the first time I noticed a change. So instead of pulling something out of my clothes were I have all of my big girl clothes, I ran to my other closet were I have my transition clothes of 16 and 18, I found a dress that I love and tried it on with my pj and was surprise it fit with clothes underneath. This dress is a 16. I guess I have some clean and reorganizing to do tonight. Moving all of my big girl clothes out of my main closet and bring my 16-18 down from the other closet. Boy, I feel really good. Now on to my next goal to loss an additional 30 lbs before my birthday.

Tomorrow will be six weeks and now down 37.2 pounds, my next official weigh in will be at my 3 month mark. I am finding getting the 900 calories I need hard still. The thought of eating at times makes me feel blah.....