Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2012 Vsg

Tomorrow will be six weeks and now down 37.2 pounds, my next official weigh in will be at my 3 month mark. I am finding getting the 900 calories I need hard still. The thought of eating at times makes me feel blah.....

Congratulations Jeni!! I understand exactly how you feel about eating. Sometimes I wish I could just take a pill 3 times a day and get all the nutrition I need.

NaturalRhapsody33, glad to hear you are feeling better and that your surgeon was able to use your VSG cuts plus now you have a new thing to Celebrate a inny belly button. This sound like a win win to me.

Today is one day short of my 4 weeks since my surgery and I am happy to report that I have lost drum roll please, 33 lbs total since the start of this journey. I lost about 7lbs prior during the liquid diet phase and 26 after surgery. I know I said that was only going to weigh myself each month, but I figure since tomorrow marks 4 weeks since my surgery, measuring myself a day before was not going show anything differently today then it would tomorrow. Also yesterday I walked 3 miles, it felt so good and then I went to dance practice. I woke up this morning feeling really good and refresh. When I looked in the mirror for the first time I noticed a change. So instead of pulling something out of my clothes were I have all of my big girl clothes, I ran to my other closet were I have my transition clothes of 16 and 18, I found a dress that I love and tried it on with my pj and was surprise it fit with clothes underneath. This dress is a 16. I guess I have some clean and reorganizing to do tonight. Moving all of my big girl clothes out of my main closet and bring my 16-18 down from the other closet. Boy, I feel really good. Now on to my next goal to loss an additional 30 lbs before my birthday.

Thank you! I'm relearning my body, but the weight is starting to come off, so I suppose I'm doing something right. Congrats on getting down to your other closet!! Way to go! We have similar goals. I want to lose another 20 before my sisters graduation in June. When is your birthday?

Stay motivated!

Congratulations Jeni!! I understand exactly how you feel about eating. Sometimes I wish I could just take a pill 3 times a day and get all the nutrition I need.

Thank you! I'm relearning my body, but the weight is starting to come off, so I suppose I'm doing something right. Congrats on getting down to your other closet!! Way to go! We have similar goals. I want to lose another 20 before my sisters graduation in June. When is your birthday?

Stay motivated!

June 5th

Well March Sleevers it has been several weeks since I last posted to this group. I am doing great. I am losing a lot of inches and some weight. I am now able to eat more different kinds of foods. I haven't had any real issue with food and pretty much eat whatever I feel I like. With the exception of sugary and fried foods, I have lost a total of 42 lbs. since I last posted, which I am really happy about. I am only 8lbs from being in the 100's which I haven't seen in a very long time.

My clothes, well I had thought that I would be ok with the clothes I have in my closets, but I am not. It seems that when I try on something one week it’s too tight. The next week they are more than a little loose. I have given some of clothes to some friends and the other day I was looking at what I had left to see if I could coordinate something together, but no such luck. Then I decide to go a get me something, but I am not use to being this size and the clothes I can fit are not fitting me right. I like to look classy, so no tight clothes on me. The sale lady at Dress Barn was getting a little bit frustrated with me because everything she brought in I had a problem with it. What is wrong with me. I usually can find something I like in 5 min after entering a store, now it take me several hours. At the end of the day I purchased a pair of shoes and a hat, so unlike me. I start working out because I heard it help tighten up areas that are being a little stubborn. I hope I will start seeing the results soon, so I can get back into the clothes style I like.

Well March Sleevers,

I am down to 200lbs, did not make it to my under 200lbs goal I have wanted prior to my birthday. But I am happy with the results. So far everything is great, I am losing alot of inches which is becoming more noticable. The clothes issues is still on-going and probably want be resolved until much later. I have now given all of my main clothes and some of the 2nd closet clothes away, with the exception of a pair of jeans I am keeping as a reminder. My 3 months Dr. Appt is Monday and I hope I can lose a few more lbs before. Overall everything is ok and processing as I should.

I haven't heard from you all in quite sometime. Is everyone ok?

Hi =) ... I was sleeved March 26. Happy to have found this group. My experience so far has been surreal since I had been used to eating all day and even into the very late night, which is not happening now, thank goodness. I'd like to learn how everyone else is coming along so far and if anyone is experiencing that they are feeling cold all the time. I used to just wear shorts and a tank top to bed at night, but now I've been wearing full fledged pajamas because I find myself shivering quite a bit before I get to sleep. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Hello All,

I was sleeved on March 3rd. I am happy about my new tool. I feel that I am stalling. This week my goal is to increase my exercise and ensure that I am getting all of my Water and Protein.

Hi =) ... I was sleeved March 26. Happy to have found this group. My experience so far has been surreal since I had been used to eating all day and even into the very late night, which is not happening now, thank goodness. I'd like to learn how everyone else is coming along so far and if anyone is experiencing that they are feeling cold all the time. I used to just wear shorts and a tank top to bed at night, but now I've been wearing full fledged pajamas because I find myself shivering quite a bit before I get to sleep. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

It sound like you are suffering from low Iron (anemic). I used to have this problem during that time of the month and would have to take Iron supplements to ease the side effect of being anemic. Maybe you should see you doctor and let him know you are having this issue.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Hello Mrs, Reine and every other March Sleever!

While I do not experience "feeling cold" it is probably because my previous anemia is no longer a problem since my recent menopause :). My 3 month blood work show a slightly elevated hemoglobin for the first time in forever! I also increased my thyroid dose a few months ago, so I am feeling warm and cozy at the moment! But, I do know the feeling of "cold" in the past due to hypothyroidism and anemia!

My surgery was March 1 and to date I have lost 27 pounds since surgery(225 now down from surgery weightof 252) and 57 pounds total (from max of 282). I am thrilled and trying not to compare my rather slow and steady loss with the rest of you fast losers! I am trying to see the big picture and the long journey! I am so happy I did this though and feel for me it is easier than dieting without surgery by far. I suffered a lot while dieting, both from wanting to eat more than I was supposed to eat, craving carbs, overeating and feeling tired, and feelings of guilt and condemnation etc etc. I was never a big loser or fast loser, so I am trying to "be content in whatever state I am in". I wish I had practiced that more while I was struggling with dieting. It seemed no matter where I was on the weight scale from 4th grade on, I was never happy with my size. Now looking back, I was pretty cute at 160 pounds!

One downside is that my bloodpressure is up since surgery so my BP med was doubled. My HA1c (diabetes sugar test) is also up to 6.0 from ptr-op of 5.7 before surgery and we are not sure why, but most likely a fluke from menopause happening at the same time. I would likely be worse if it had not been for the surgery. I am not discouraged but more determined than ever to keep up my exercise regime and make healthy choices.

I struggle now most when I eat out or am at special meals. I tend to overeat and it takes only a teaspoon or two extra and I feel nauseated and it comes back up. Fortunately this happens infrequently. My brain is getting closer to my stomach.

Here are a few things I have done since surgery that I have not done for a long time:

1) Playing tennis with son and daughter

2) Riding a rollercoaster

3) Kayaking

4) Bogie boarding in the ocean

There is still much I am not doing, but I have the taste for living life to the fullest! Thanks for your support everyone!!!

Love

Nancy

Hello Mrs. Riene...thanks very much for your comment. I'll look into my Iron thing. Currently I'm taking 56mg of Iron (ferrous fumarate) right before bed so I'm not sure where my iron levels are right now. The shivering is not as frequent as it was in my first month, but I still get them from time to time. Thanks.

Hello Mrs, Reine and every other March Sleever!

While I do not experience "feeling cold" it is probably because my previous anemia is no longer a problem since my recent menopause :). My 3 month blood work show a slightly elevated hemoglobin for the first time in forever! I also increased my thyroid dose a few months ago, so I am feeling warm and cozy at the moment! But, I do know the feeling of "cold" in the past due to hypothyroidism and anemia!

My surgery was March 1 and to date I have lost 27 pounds since surgery(225 now down from surgery weightof 252) and 57 pounds total (from max of 282). I am thrilled and trying not to compare my rather slow and steady loss with the rest of you fast losers! I am trying to see the big picture and the long journey! I am so happy I did this though and feel for me it is easier than dieting without surgery by far. I suffered a lot while dieting, both from wanting to eat more than I was supposed to eat, craving carbs, overeating and feeling tired, and feelings of guilt and condemnation etc etc. I was never a big loser or fast loser, so I am trying to "be content in whatever state I am in". I wish I had practiced that more while I was struggling with dieting. It seemed no matter where I was on the weight scale from 4th grade on, I was never happy with my size. Now looking back, I was pretty cute at 160 pounds!

One downside is that my bloodpressure is up since surgery so my BP med was doubled. My HA1c (diabetes sugar test) is also up to 6.0 from ptr-op of 5.7 before surgery and we are not sure why, but most likely a fluke from menopause happening at the same time. I would likely be worse if it had not been for the surgery. I am not discouraged but more determined than ever to keep up my exercise regime and make healthy choices.

I struggle now most when I eat out or am at special meals. I tend to overeat and it takes only a teaspoon or two extra and I feel nauseated and it comes back up. Fortunately this happens infrequently. My brain is getting closer to my stomach.

Here are a few things I have done since surgery that I have not done for a long time:

1) Playing tennis with son and daughter

2) Riding a rollercoaster

3) Kayaking

4) Bogie boarding in the ocean

There is still much I am not doing, but I have the taste for living life to the fullest! Thanks for your support everyone!!!

Love

Nancy

Thank you mambomama for sharing your story and information. In losing my motto is slow and steady. We all did not put this weight on a few short weeks and cannot expect it to shred overnight. Just keep on enjoying all of the new adventure, we are experiencing. The weight will start shredding and before you know it you will be at your goal weight. Mambomama you have the right attitude and outlook, enjoy your time with your family, especially your children. Keep on enjoying your new found life adventures.

Hello Mrs. Riene...thanks very much for your comment. I'll look into my Iron thing. Currently I'm taking 56mg of Iron (ferrous fumarate) right before bed so I'm not sure where my iron levels are right now. The shivering is not as frequent as it was in my first month, but I still get them from time to time. Thanks.

Emy B you are so welcome. In the first months our body is really trying to figure out what the heck we did. So it is to be expected for you to experience some type of effect from the surgery. I would be more concern if the effect last long then the first month. By your reply I it sounds like everything is leveling out and your are starting to feel much better. I also kept taken all of my Vitamins, even the ones that were prescribe to me prior to surgery, D, Iron and Multi. Now since I had my first lab appt and I got the all clear. I now just take my multi, I will probably start my D up again in the winter, when the sun a less like to be full.

Just take it easy and journal your issues. This was very helpful when I do see my doctor. It help me to ensure I told him everything whether I was still experience the issues or not.

Hey Guys! I haven't been by in a while. All is well. I am at 204.4lbs down from my starting weight of 262. I am excited as I am fitting into all these clothes I'd refused to throw out when I was too big for them. In fact I am finding that some that didn't fit three weeks ago are not a bit on the big side! I have to constantly remember to try things on so I don't shrink past the size without enjoying the outfits at least once!

I have been having issues keeping up with my food intake. I try to do the Protein Shakes but I just can't seem to get at least 2 in...heck in the last few days I've been luck to get one. I am not just not hungry anymore. I get nauseated at the smell of a lot of different types of food. I am still trying out various things but very little seems to work and what worked last week is not guaranteed to work this week. I am currently sitting here with a glass of milk and some watermelon.

I do need to keep up with my Vitamins too...swallowing pills is still a challenge unless its a small pill. The chewable vitamins may be tolerable one week and make me want to throw up the next! I do need to get on something to boost my energy levels though...maybe it's time I go see my primary care physician huh?

Ref the cold...I have noticed that!! Less fat insulating us now I guess. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Hey Guys! I haven't been by in a while. All is well. I am at 204.4lbs down from my starting weight of 262. I am excited as I am fitting into all these clothes I'd refused to throw out when I was too big for them. In fact I am finding that some that didn't fit three weeks ago are not a bit on the big side! I have to constantly remember to try things on so I don't shrink past the size without enjoying the outfits at least once!

I have been having issues keeping up with my food intake. I try to do the Protein Shakes but I just can't seem to get at least 2 in...heck in the last few days I've been luck to get one. I am not just not hungry anymore. I get nauseated at the smell of a lot of different types of food. I am still trying out various things but very little seems to work and what worked last week is not guaranteed to work this week. I am currently sitting here with a glass of milk and some watermelon.

I do need to keep up with my Vitamins too...swallowing pills is still a challenge unless its a small pill. The chewable vitamins may be tolerable one week and make me want to throw up the next! I do need to get on something to boost my energy levels though...maybe it's time I go see my primary care physician huh?

Ref the cold...I have noticed that!! Less fat insulating us now I guess. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Time2Lose I to have not been on the site in awhile. Just been very busy, with life. I have been losing but not as fast as I was previous. Only 1 to 2 lbs a week, I did hit onerland a few weeks ago and was very excited about that but since I a totally slow down to a turtle crawl. I have increased my excerising in hope this will jump start my weight lose again. Over all everything else going well.

I do have one question for those who are in their 3 - 4 months stage. Alot of people talk about hair lose. I was wondering when did you start noticing your Hair loss? I am currently about 3-4 months out and have not notice it yet. I am a little worry about it and was trying to get a jump start on prevention. I have been taking Biotin, Fish Oil and my Multi-Vitamin religiously, I hope this helps.

I believe I am at that Hair loss stage now, and this was brought up at my 3 months post-op group appointment. I'm told hair loss seems inevitable, but to keep taking all of the vitamins/supplements. This stage reminds of me of the time I started losing hair at about 6 months after my child was born, so I guess it's not new to me at all.

Hello all,

Just checking in, I am down 63 pounds total, 30 before surgery and 30 since surgery on March 1. Even though I am not losing fast, I am content and thrilled to see the progress. I went to the plus section at Macys and they did not have my size so I ventured up to the misses section and was SHOCKED that I fit perfectly in a size 18 capri!!!! It fit so well without a stretch waist. I am going to savor those times! My blood work showed that my HA1c was elevated (worse) since my surgery which is a mystery, but I am just getting stronger and more certain to keep working to get healthier! I hope you are all well!

Nancy