Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long Time No See, What I'm Up To These Days, Or Down To As The Case May Be =)

Hey everybody, Globetrotter here, long time no post! As some of you may recall, I returned from deployment one year ago this month. Life has been a whirlwind of adjustment ever since and I have become a stranger on our forum. In the year that I have been home I have lost "only" 40 lbs, bringing my post-op weight loss to 130 lbs. I am 18 months out from surgery and am still not at goal, which is just so frustrating and demoralizing. I am 15 lbs away from surgeon's goal and 40 lbs away from personal goal. Anyone who remembers me here knows that I have been a slooow loser from day one, always fretting over it, but now it really has slowed to about one or two pounds a month. In the last 7 months I have lost only 15 lbs. I exercise at least 4 days a week, for several hours at a time. A typical day of exercise for me includes a TRX class, followed by a yoga class, followed by 2 hours of tango. I still eat a lot of Protein but I will admit - I eat s*** now. I have allowed myself to eat french fries, chocolate cake, alcohol, whipped cream, bread, etc. I am incredibly lucky that, a year and a half out, I still do not have real hunger, but my tastebuds rule. I have fallen off the path my brothers and sisters, and I know that falling away from the Forum has NOT helped.

I've got to get to goal folks, I've got to. I am 5'3" and 164 lbs, I am still fat. Yes, I am active, yes I look 100x better than when I started, but my chub still prevents me from running that mile, from achieving that yoga pose, from enjoying those killer stillettos longer than an hour.

I plea for your help in returning me to the fold and helping me across that finish line. I didn't know if there is a place in the forum now for long term sleevers, a place to discuss the changes in metabolism, the challenges of acheiving goal after the first year when you've beena slow loser, all that. I look forward to hearing from you. =)

Globetrotter

Welcome back! Like you, I got off track as well. I haven't been able to exercise since August due to major back problems and between that and family issues, I packed a few pounds back on. But, I had an outpatient surgery procedure done on my back yesterday and am approved to start exercising again starting Friday. I recommited today to getting the rest of my weight off. With the support of our friends on this site, you, me and everyone else can do this!

heeyyyy! welcome back, was wondering where you took off too. . . i'm still here and so are some of the other "old" gang. . .I'm entering my 3rd year now (can you believe that) and have had a few of my own challenges. I still want to get to onederland one day, but at 50 years old, I kinda figure (hopefully) I still have about 50 more years :biggrin5: to get there! For me, I've been up and down about the same 10 - 15 lbs. . but mine is more Water retention then anything. . . last night i took my diurectics and overnight spilt out 15lbs of water. . . sure was neat, but of course it'll all flood back in soon. . . hehehehe. . . life is grand. . . i'm enjoying myself as a size 16 now and at 6' tall it doesn't look too shabby. . . i've been back into the saddle and love that aspect. . . you have done great ! Look where you came from! Once upon a time we used to wish we could lose all our weight and now we gripe about 30-40 lbs. . . aren't we funny souls. . . i'm glad your back globetrotter. . . keep coming back and don't be a stranger! happy your back!!

Globetrotter.... my oh my! Welcome back...

Check you out at 130lb down... I am loving that!! You are a success!! (even though you don't feel like it you ARE...) well done my sleeve friend.

Our stats are very similar, as is our slow loser journey! I am also around 13lbs away from my surgeon's goal at 20mths out. I've been stalled since Oct...booo hooo... but I too refuse to give up the fight. I am 28lb away from my ultimate goal. I feel your frustration... and I know what you mean when you say those last 'few' pounds (remember it is all relevant from where we started) bug the crap out of me too...

I started a thread at the beginning of the year called 'Gonna get to goal, wanna join me' ... pop on board. It is just a place where a few of us, who want to get to goal this year, go to share, moan, vent or just Celebrate the little things that being so 'near goal' mean. I do find it helps me to stay focused, positive and motivated.

It is really good to hear from you again, glad you back!

Remember, slow but sure wins the race ... x

Holla! I decided to pop in here after a few months and was desperately trying to find some others from "back in the day"! I eat some garbage, too, so I can definitely relate to that. But to this day I marvel at my ability to order a Big Mac, eat half, and toss the other half in the trash - even though I COULD eat more. I got a Mini Blizzard at DQ the other day - the smallest size available, - ate half, threw out the rest. This would have been UNTHINKABLE before the sleeve. I find that the Portion Control you get from the sleeve overrides a lot of the bad choices we might make - although, of course, eventually things DO catch up with you.

Nice to hear from you Globetrotter. Always loved your posts from beyond.

Globetrotter - Encouraging you to keep the fight to hit the goal you want. The bad thing about "knowing" our sleeve at over a year out is we know how to cheat.

I am talking to myself here - but get back to the basics. Log everything you eat/drink/suppliments. Watch for a week or two noting what weight if any is lost. If not satisfied change things up. See if anything happens. I know if I eat carbs, I gain weight and only want more and more and more thus I try to avoid still even after being sleeved.

Most importantly - keep up a good fight and never give in. Hugs to you and welcome home!