Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My day is April 19th and I can't wait!!!

Does anybody seem to feel heavier and heavier every day as their surgery is approaching? I couldn't stand to look in the mirror before, but now it's horrible!!

I have my pre-op on April 4th and am ready to start that liquid diet NOW!!!

Randi,

Yes, I definatley feel like that. Especially when I sit, I feel so uncomfortable and feels like my belly keeps hanging out more and more each second. This past week I have really felt like that!! Or if I walk past a mirrored wall at the mall or something, I get a glimpse of myself and think, really?? that's what I look like. Can't wait to get to the point when I look in the mirror for something other than looking at only myself from neck & up.

Thanks - that makes me feel a whole lot better. I hate being the elephant in the room!!!

Less than a month to go. I really appreciate all the help this site provides!!

I'm self pay scheduled for April 3rd in Dallas. My insurance doesn't cover weight loss surgery. When I hit 200 I decided for sure it was time to do something!! I'm only 5 ft 1'. My preop diet started today!! So grateful to have found this site...

Hi my surgery is April 19 in west Virginia. I really need all the support that I can get. I'm 48, separated and changing my lifestyle a little later in life.

Hey guys! Im so happy for us! I don't start my preop diet until April 10th and I swear the days are getting longer and longer! I feel even more self conscious since I got my surgery date... This waiting game is taking a toll! I know I just need to relax :-)

GROWL my surgery got moved to May 30th. Stupid Cigna!

Hi my surgery is April 19 in west Virginia. I really need all the support that I can get. I'm 48' date=' separated and changing my lifestyle a little later in life.[/quote']

Hey its never too late! I'm 50 and decided time to take control of this nightmare!! Good luck!

Hey its never too late! I'm 50 and decided time to take control of this nightmare!! Good luck!

Hi , I'm 51y, single and am tryn to get control over my life as well..

I've had the Lap band and my health has gotten worse now I have an appt for VSG on thurs.

Keep positive thoughts, ..

I'm still tryn to learn how to use this site.

Congrats to you!!

Yes, definatley both feeling for me too. I'm so excited, but nervous. I got my phone call yesterday . . . it was so exciting. I started my preop diet today and keep thinking to myself, wow, in two weeks. I couldn't sleep last night because I'm so excited. I am trying different Protein shakes and bought my Vitamins yesterday. Seems so final after the phone, doesn't it?

The phone call was the wow moment. Up til now, I've been jumping through hoops, etc,not really looking further ahead than the next hoop. Now I'm outta hoops! The nectar Protein Powder is good, btw!

Hello all,

I am 47 and have an April 1st date. I am really getting nervous and also feeling my weight more and more each day. It makes me hopeful though that maybe this will really be my turning point.

Surgery Date is set for April 23rd now in Tijuana with Dr. Garcia!! Plane tickets bought and ready to go. Scared and Excited!

I am April 10th and have my preop on April 4th! Getting excited! Wish my mom was 100 % on board with my decision. Said I should stop eating Dairy Queen everyday. Really? I wish I ate dairy queen everyday. Good thing my husband is 100 on board!