Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mother Of The Groom Dress

I will be sleeved on Feb 4th. (that feels so good to write, lol) I was wondering...

My son is going to be married on June 2nd. I am 100 lbs. overweight.

I know know one can tell me how much I will lose but I really wanted to pick out a dress way before hand. I wonder will I lose like 20 or 30 ish lbs, a size or two maybe?

I dread looking for a dress for the way I look right now but do not want to wait till the last minute. In all honesty, I know the dresses I would wear now are a much different style than even they were 50lbs ago. I got the moo moo dress going on now. lol

What to do....

Hey there! :) I highly discourage buying anything like lovely fitted dresses or anything overly costly during your weight loss phase. IMO, wait until the time is much closer, weeks maybe. Either that or expect to spend some money on alterations. It is far too complicated to know how many inches you will lose in even one months time.

Congrats to your dear son!!

Yecats,

I would wait. I have deliberately avoided buying clothes right now. I am only 3 weeks out, but my clothes are already baggy on me. It is not only pounds you will lose, but inches too. Especially the top. I think there was a similar posting earlier but from a future bride. You will be surprised how much you lose even doing the pre-op prep. I had noticed during the pre-op phase that my bra straps were coming lose. I have had to re-adjust everything. Good luck.

definitely wait! You could lose a lot more than you thought you might!

I would DEFINITELY wait. From the date of my surgery to 4 months out, I went down from a size 24 pants to a size 16 . . . you just don't know where you will be by that point. It's no fun to spend money on alterations!!

I agree I'm 4 weeks out and down over 20 pounds.. You need to wait to get a dress or maybe pick one out you like and make sure it can be altered.. On that thought though you may find a totally different kind of dress to show off your new body in.. So just wait until you have to shop :smile1:

I agree. There should be no hurry. You will find the most beautiful dress when the time comes. With weight loss and inches, you have no idea in what to look for. Trust us, when the time comes to buy the dress, it will be the most beautiful dress for you and it will fit wonderfully. Wait to buy the dress. ;)

Thanks everyone! It's funny , you plan to have surgery then when you get a date you start looking at everything in a different perspective. Now a whole bunch of new issues..lol.... all good though.

:)

Don't do it! I completely missed a dress size. For a hot minute I was an 18, next thing I know I am in a 14. Less than a month later, I am in a 12. It goes by quick!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches