Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

If they would have given you a TPN and PICC line, I don't think you would be going through this!

If they would have given you a TPN and PICC line, I don't think you would be going through this!

I agree..I would've demanded it by now.

im not sure i wouldve wanted one. my friend who i spoke of before that is having complications and has been in the hospital for the last 6-8weeks... she had a picc line & became even more sick! then the picc line got infected & that landed her in the icu for aweek or so. seeing what shes going thru makes me want to stay far away from that. i wouldve prefered being NPO & just on iv.

thankfully & hopefully, im almost reaching the end of this journey! the stent should be coming out in 5 days! if i can just hold on for 5 more days & recover from the removal, i should be back on track!

at first i thought WLS would answer all my prayers & improve my life. instead, its done the complete opposite. i miss my life pre-op. i know i cant go back so i need to look fwd but these are just my thoughts.

I agree..I would've demanded it by now.

i wouldnt be able to follow any rules except stay hydrated anyway. i cant eat or tolerate anything to eat & i def cant force anything i dont like down because i will throw it back up. i cant even smell food without gaggin :/

only thing i really want all the time is juice.

I dont' think it would've mattered what my doctor told me, I had to get better so I pushed myself to do what I knew I needed to do.

(VENTING)

in june 2011, i had began my research on WLS. i googled & searched for hours and hours! i mean like thousands of hours leading up until the day i had surgery & even after! nothing in the world couldve prepared me for this experience. i wouldve been better off jumping head first into surgery without researching than to have done theresearch & been knocked down like this.

i get so angry thinking about how this happened to me! i had read others stories. i had read how ppl regretted surgery because of their complications but the majority of ppl said if they had to do it again, they would!!!!

i just wish i had contact with someone who was actually going thru something like this! i thought by now that i wouldve been on cloud 9, healed, enjoying life, happy, eating, exercising, shopping & feeling young! dont get me wrong... im 23! i wanted to feel 23! i was tired of feeling 40&50! now i feel like im 50&60! :(

life is so hard & i pray that the man upstairs blesses me with health soon.

do u know i look at my mom who can drink Water with no problem & i get jealous? i say to myself, "damn.. i dont even feel human. i cant eat, i cant drink... what can i do?"

my mom at times complains of a Migraine. i dont want to minimize her health issues or stress level because i know shes stressed but at the sametime, i look at her & chuckle. i look at her & really want to say, "i wish my only issue was a migraine!!!!"

i feel selfish at times. its hard. i think the fact that i am young has a lot to do with it. maybe if i were older, more experienced with life, more wisdom & such, id feel differently or view things differently. i dont know. these are just my thoughts & im just speaking whats on my mind.

thanks for reading!!

i promise you will feel better, my stent was removed before 2 days, now i dont vomit and i dont feel stomach pain!!!!!!, just hang in there u will be better, and i definitely regret surgery too, i miss food, food is killing me really!!

how long did you keep yours in for? i miss food too since i havent been eating! :(

i promise you will feel better, my stent was removed before 2 days, now i dont vomit and i dont feel stomach pain!!!!!!, just hang in there u will be better, and i definitely regret surgery too, i miss food, food is killing me really!!

how long did you keep yours in for? i miss food too since i havent been eating! :(

they kept mine for 2 months, i wish i didnt do the surgery

2 MONTHS???????? omg!!!!

mine will be one month on the 26th & i want it out on the 20th!

they kept mine for 2 months, i wish i didnt do the surgery

2 MONTHS???????? omg!!!!

mine will be one month on the 26th & i want it out on the 20th!

i still cant eat :( i wanna f**king eat everything!

why cant u eat? when did they remove it?

i still cant eat :( i wanna f**king eat everything!

why cant u eat? when did they remove it?

before 1 day and a half or 2 they want to be sure 100% that there's no leak so i cant drink or eat right now, but i will drink tomorrow after the x-ray, they just want to make sure that the leak is gone. after its gone i can drink and 2 weeks later i start on mushes again.

Edited by joseph

wow... a nightmare!!!

before 1 day and a half or 2 they want to be sure 100% that theres no leak so i cant drink or eat right now, but i will drink tomorrow after the x-ray, they just want to make sure that the leak is gone. after its gone i can drink and 2 weeks later i start on mushies again.

wow... a nightmare!!!

can we eat like before? i wish ;(

i mean, portion wise no. food wise, as long as your stomach can handle it. i cant believe the left your stent in for so long!!!! i cant. i refuse. :(

can we eat like before? i wish ;(