Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

thanks.. im sorry i am too! trust me. lol. i wish i was 100% & was living life normal, smiling & all. instead, im depressed & down & regret it all.

maybe not, im sorry ur having a hard time....

thanks.. im sorry i am too! trust me. lol. i wish i was 100% & was living life normal, smiling & all. instead, im depressed & down & regret it all.

It may not make you feel any better but this is kind of the way I have seen it in my case. It's kinda been like having a baby for me. You go through 9 months of anticipation, anxiety, frustration...In the moment of giving birth,,you scream, you are in the worse pain of your life,,you just want the thing out of you..then you see the beauty and happiness that came from what you went through. Of course you don't see any of the good stuff till the bad stuff has passed. :)

a baby would be so much more fufilling than this. lol. i kept thinking to myself... "omg what if im this sick when im preggo & im going thru 9months like this... id be telling them to induce me by the 2nd month!" lmprao. i pray that i am one of those preggo women that have no symptoms whatsoever lol.

It may not make you feel any better but this is kind of the way I have seen it in my case. It's kinda been like having a baby for me. You go through 9 months of anticipation, anxiety, frustration...In the moment of giving birth,,you scream, you are in the worse pain of your life,,you just want the thing out of you..then you see the beauty and happiness that came from what you went through. Of course you don't see any of the good stuff till the bad stuff has passed. :)

so earlier i ate a fruit cup... like 12hrs ago.

i had a stomach ache all day today & after laying on my right side, i got so nauseous!!! i couldnt take it & i had to go vomit. i ended up throwing up the fruit from earlier which tells me that it was sittin in my tummy the entire time. not good!!!!

im feelin pain from throwing up & wish i was sleeping.

you mean in the US you can tell them what to do, even though you have no medical experience and are going off something someone said off a message board, sue them if they think it's not a good idea, calling it " not working with you"? and call it malpractice?

I actually was reffering to the part where she said the doctor that performed the surgery had washed his hands of it basically. I have had family members with complications from surgery's that were found afterwards, such as a peice of gauze left inside them, etc. To end up in a coma and ultimately death.

I was trying to offer a suggestion in peace if you all/ she didnt care for it..just keep listen to her complications, and I'll take my suggestion back.

so earlier i ate a fruit cup... like 12hrs ago.

i had a stomach ache all day today & after laying on my right side, i got so nauseous!!! i couldnt take it & i had to go vomit. i ended up throwing up the fruit from earlier which tells me that it was sittin in my tummy the entire time. not good!!!!

im feelin pain from throwing up & wish i was sleeping.

So, if nothing stays down, yet they say you are not dehydrated, HOW are you supossed to be getting any nutrition at all? I am continuing to pray about you and your whole situation, and praying that you have a break through soon, so you can have some peace. This sounds just miserable.

i said THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they said the fluids are flowing thru and whatever im throwing up is aftermath and i may be absorbing some. which confuses me because i was drinking less than 20oz & throwing up a few times a day with diarrhea & vomitting. they drew blood 3x and he said in all 3 it shows no signs of dehydration. hows that possible? i have no idea.

let me add that the dr i speak of here is the upper gi dr, not my surgeon. i go thru the gi dr because hes the one responsible for the stent and not my surgeon. before my gi makes any final decisions such as another upper gi, swallow test or removal or re-adjustment to my stent, he involves my surgeon & nurse practioner.

So, if nothing stays down, yet they say you are not dehydrated, HOW are you supossed to be getting any nutrition at all? I am continuing to pray about you and your whole situation, and praying that you have a break through soon, so you can have some peace. This sounds just miserable.

i never said he washed his hands of taking care of me. he has been behind the scenes making all the decisions with everything but i choose to go to his partner who is the nurse practioner. she goes thru him before making any final decisions.

I actually was reffering to the part where she said the doctor that performed the surgery had washed his hands of it basically. I have had family members with complications from surgery's that were found afterwards, such as a peice of gauze left inside them, etc. To end up in a coma and ultimately death.

I was trying to offer a suggestion in peace if you all/ she didnt care for it..just keep listen to her complications, and I'll take my suggestion back.

mostly into mush :/

ok, are u chewing ur food well....

Sorry for your problems.

When I have problems I drop back into pure liquids, clear if necessary. I take a sip and swish it around in my mouth to mix in the saliva digestive juices before I swallow it.

This is a technique I learned from the juicing people,... "chew your juice".

I resist the urge to take it in fast. I take a sip and set the cup down and wait a couple minutes whether I feel like it or not.

I think of my new stomach as a newborn baby. It needs to be "babied" or it will keep you up all night.

Apologies if this is old news to you.

I am praying for you, too.

im not sure of which of my many issues you are speaking of....

Sorry for your problems.

When I have problems I drop back into pure liquids, clear if necessary. I take a sip and swish it around in my mouth to mix in the saliva digestive juices before I swallow it.

This is a technique I learned from the juicing people,... "chew your juice".

I resist the urge to take it in fast. I take a sip and set the cup down and wait a couple minutes whether I feel like it or not.

I think of my new stomach as a newborn baby. It needs to be "babied" or it will keep you up all night.

Apologies if this is old news to you.

I am praying for you, too.

im not sure of which of my many issues you are speaking of....

Hi,

I was referring to your not being able to hold food down. I noticed that you are eating fruit cups. I was suggesting just dropping back to liquids. Holding liquids down would be better than eating more solid food and bringing it back up. I went through stomach flu recently, retching and diarrhea for days. I definitely had to drop back. Just now getting back into mushies.

I don't mean to minimize the serious nature of your situation. I am just trying to be helpful in one small part of it.

oh ok! i wasnt sure if u were speaking of issues i had when i first started this thread or more recent problems. well, i decided to go back to liquids because food seems to get stuck & it made me sick! i guess 8 more days of liquids itll be.

Hi,

I was referring to your not being able to hold food down. I noticed that you are eating fruit cups. I was suggesting just dropping back to liquids. Holding liquids down would be better than eating more solid food and bringing it back up. I went through stomach flu recently, retching and diarrhea for days. I definitely had to drop back. Just now getting back into mushies.

I don't mean to minimize the serious nature of your situation. I am just trying to be helpful in one small part of it.

do you have those Isopure Protein drinks? the clear ones? that might help ya with hydration and Protein. sorry if they make you sick already just suggesting too.

thank you for the play by play action of a leak. it's freaky for sure. but good for reference for future sleevers and i know you will get over this and feel better soon. keep venting!