Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

I have been following this post for a while now, and I am so sorry you are going through this, but I have to say that I am honestly shocked that your Dr. hasn't suggested TPN by now, and put a pic line in! Being that you are not able to hold down anything from drink to food! I don't know if this has been mentioned or not,or if you have suggested it or not, but maybe you should tell your Dr. that's what you want! I can't see how your stomach can heal when you are throwing up all the time, one would think it would just irritate it even more. Sometimes you have demand what you want from your Dr.

I think it's great that you come here and tell us what's going on! To be honest if you would just stop updating we would probably all freak out thinking something really bad has happened! Not only that, but you're not scared to give us the nitty gritty details, and this post will probably help someone else later down the road, when they have questions, or concerns, or symptoms they are not sure of. This is helping you, but I think you will see in the long run it's going to help many others too!

i really dont have much support. its why i come on here & describe all things in detail. also because i know one day UNFORTUNATELY, there will be someone just like me who will be suffering from all the things or some of the things that im going thru. i know i search all the time for keywords to see who is going thru what just like me! i just pray that someone wouldnt be as uncomfortable & sick

I still wish you would ask them about the TPN. Nothing goes into your stomach that way, and it would definitely give you time to heal as well as give you all the nourishment you need to stay healthy.

i asked about a picc line before and they told me its not needed. i dont know why but i guess they felt that im not dehydrated therefore i can take my meds by mouth. i dont know.

but i did want to come & update about my gi dr.

CAN YOU GUYS BELIEVE THAT HE HAD THE AUDACITY TO ASK ME TO KEEP THE STENT IN FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS AND NOT ONE WEEK???

IF HE WOULDVE BEEN IN FRONT OF ME AND NOT OVER THE PHONE, I WOULDVE PUNCHED HIM RIGHT IN HIS FACE!!!!!!!

how dare he!!! this experience has been nothing less than pure hell. i wish my days away which is no way to live! im not suicidal but i now understand why sick & suffering people take their lives!!!! if i thought for one second that this was a lifetime thing & id never be normal again, id be suicidal for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i couldnt believe that he wasso inconsiderate to even suggest it to me! if he doesnt remove the piece of $h!+ by feb 20th, ill find another dr who will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my surgeon called & said ok with feb 20th. now my gi dr better jump on board!!!

yes it's good you are documenting.

feeling major discomfort & pain... :/

Sorry you are in so much pain tonight,,hopefully a good night sleep will do the trick. Praying you wake in the morning refreshed and feeling well.

i ate some fruit from a fruit cup mixed with 100% natural juices & i think its stuck in my stent/stomach. im feeling sick & very uncomfy. the pain keeps coming & going. i keep tryna drink but it feels trapped.

Sorry you are in so much pain tonight,,hopefully a good night sleep will do the trick. Praying you wake in the morning refreshed and feeling well.

When I get that feeling (not having a stent but I know that stuck feeling). I have myasthenia gravis, a rare autoimmune disease..a form of muscular distrophy that effects my muscles. It really helps me if I sit straight up and rock a little,,but I have to for at least an hour. This was even before I had surgery. You may need to stick with liquids if food is getting hung in your stent..ouch! I feel so bad for you,,I just want to help ( I come from a family of fixers..lol)

i woke up this morning not feeling so great. i began dry heaving something serious. it was soooooooooooo painful to do so. i keep getting random sharp pains. im wondering if the stent has shifted.... :/ it hurts to drink, i wont dare try eating & it hurts to burp. :(

Maybe you could tolerate the fruit cup more if you puréed it? I would suggest apple sauce but I'm willing to bet you/your sleeve hate it ;)

Hope your stent has not moved. 6 more days! Hang in there girl! You are doing great considering all the problems you are having

i woke up this morning not feeling so great. i began dry heaving something serious. it was soooooooooooo painful to do so. i keep getting random sharp pains. im wondering if the stent has shifted.... :/ it hurts to drink, i wont dare try eating & it hurts to burp. :(

Call your doc.

i think im going to try applesauce. the fruit cups must be too much. the pain while drinking is no good. i had to pull over while driving & get out the car just to get over the pain. i felt like i was going to throw up & i felt so sick. i feel like i needa nap! :(

Maybe you could tolerate the fruit cup more if you puréed it? I would suggest apple sauce but I'm willing to bet you/your sleeve hate it ;)

Hope your stent has not moved. 6 more days! Hang in there girl! You are doing great considering all the problems you are having