Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking Buddies 5'2" & Under

Cezann - That is such a good observation and one I never thought of before because people generally don't always post their height. Of course if you think of it, as shorter people we need less calories so it makes sense that if the surgeons put us on the same eating plans then those who are taller will burn faster than those who aren't. I will definitely have to keep that in mind once I get on the 'other side' on March 7th.

I love this!! I am 4'10 -- Just had surgery 5 days ago!! I love reading about everyones adventure. Although, i have noticed for the shorter people, the weightloss seems to be a bit slower - huh? Oh well == slower is better than not at all!!

I am short - 5'1", and my weight loss does seem to be a tad slow. But, it is also extremely steady and I've had no regains and my clothing size is dropping. So, I'll happily take it.

Monday will be 3 weeks since my surgery and I've lost 20 including the 7 during the pre op liquids. Im 5'0" abd started at 202 I'm feeling good and no problems except for 2 days ago I ate way too fast for the first time and i paid for it for about 3 hrs. Felt horrible and on the verge of vomiting. WON'T be doing that again! Good luck to everyone and it does come off us shorties even tho its a tad slower! I can't wait for the NEXT 20 to be gone then I will really feel it !!!!

I know when I get under 200, just 10lbs makes a huge difference. So even though it is slower, it has a bigger impact!!!! :)

I'm in too!!! My VSG was on the 17th of Feb and I'm down 12 pounds!! Having trouble with soreness from the drain and shortness of breathe whenever i walk for than 50ft, anyone else have this problem?

I was sore around the drain too an felt 100x better the day it came out. I also felt like I got alittle winded walking around the 1st couple of weeks but all the sudden one day it was gone. I think it was from my somach being so sore plus I was finding myself holding my stomach in ALOT I guess b I was sore so it felt like it was even harder to breathe. Idk just my 2 cents!

So glad to find this thread! I'm 5'1 and a HALF also! Starting weight, 200, don't have surgery date, but have done all pre-op testing. Waiting on insurance approval and then to set a date, hopefully spring break, but if not, then it will be summer time. :D

Hi - shortie here....my mom is 4'11" and passed that gene to me! I am 5'1" and highest weight was 230. I am happy to say I reached my doctor's goal of 140 at 9 months. I would really like to be at 135 so still sticking in there!

Good luck guys!!! Any questions ask away!!

I am currently in a size 14 (although my hubby says they are way too loose) a size 12 is still a little too tight on jeans.

I keep having to stop myself from going to the 2XL size racks. In tops I am wearing a 12-14 large (but I don't like tight stuff so medium would fit but be tight.)

In scrubs for work I am in medium and they are getting WAY too big (I used to wear 2XL),

I got to the point you have to try stuff on because what your head is used to wearing does not fit your body anymore.

I am 5'1" and I had surgery 8 months ago.. :) and I am down 104 from my highest and 87 lbs. down since surgery day. :) I like the idea of having support from people who are my height lol

I am down 40 pounds since surgery on December 7th, 2011. I am almost 12 weeks post op and am so glad I had the surgery. I am 5'1" and my highest weight was 273. I feel so good.

It's so wonderful to read about all of you who have had surgery and your successes. I have 9 more days to go. My Pre-Op diet really hasn't been that bad and I'm feeling great already. I know the time will pass quickly and March 7th will be here before I know it.

Congrats to all of you who inspire those of us both pre and post surgery!

Susie

Hi everyone!

Can I play too?

I'm 5'0", I was sleeved 2/29/12 (leap day!)

it's still in the early days so I have no idea if I've lost anything, but it's so inspiring to read how well everyone else has done!

YAY!

Also interesting to see what different kinds of requirements there are. Some people have to do weeks of liquid diets pre surgery? I had to do a day. But I had to lose 10% of my weight before that.

Hello all,

Count me in also. I am 5 ft. flat and a BMI of 39.6. Still pre-op with Kaiser. Doing some counseling before I start scheduling testing. I have been in therapy off and on since I was thirteen and never discussed any food issues, even though I have been overweight since my teens. I am afraid of getting the surgery and then failing because some hidden issues rears up to bite me in the but afterward. Anyone in Ohio?

Me too, me too!

I'm 5'2" - 6 months post op. I've lost almost 105 lbs includining 45 before surgery. I love my new life and my new sleeve.

Yes! We Rock!!!

:D

I made the pre-op psych appointment and have been eating like a starving wolverine ever since. LOL I haven't even started yet...what will I do when surgery is actually scheduled? Park myself at the golden corral? Provided they don't decide that I am too twisted to get the surgery. The scheduling nurse asked some very odd questions. One foot in front of the other until I reach the Kingdom of Sleeve. (I hope)

Robbie