Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! My sleeve surgery is September 26th and I'm SO EXCITED! I have been over weight my whole life and when I turned 40yrs old in August I was ready for a NEW journey of being healthy. I NEED this change! I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2011 and I have gained ALOT of weight from trying different meds to see what works..now I'm READY! I have a teenage son the looks up to me and I want to be here..and I mean REALLY be here for him..this surgery is 1st for me..my health..and 2nd for my precious son.. I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with yall..and yes I'm from the South🤣

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone I'm Karleen, and go also by either Kara or Karleena. I live outside Buffalo, NY, where my surgery is to take place on October 4th. I was finally approved for my surgery after a long 5 year journey of quitting smoking and meeting the requirements. I waited to graduate college, and then fought with insurance and health issues to get to this point. I have no real support network (well people I've told so far) besides just one family member and friend that lives a few towns away, so I was connected with this site. Gotta love moving to the woods! I also did not want to tell the whole world about this surgery, becuase I've received some negative feedback from other friends that I've spoken with.

I have a BFA in Illustration/ Graphic Design, and my ultimate goal is down the line to save and travel abroad or go to Buff State for my art restoration Degree. For now I am the fulltime caretaker of my terminally ill mother, which can bring me no higher joy. Family comes first above all for me, as well as my friends. I also do freelance work as an artist and graphic designer when I can. I also wouldn't mind being a caretaker now if that path isn't an option. I never thought a healthcare setting would be for me, but I love it.

Anyway enough rambling feel free to add me on here if you want to chat. I am open for support, and will probably need support as well! I am a nervous wreck and go from super excited to terrified the next second.

Hi Kara, looking forward to more of your post. I'm pre o.o and are going through the motions of making appointments doing well with my weight loss so far. I lost 10 lbs in 11 days. I'm having a hard time getting all of food in. I need to re group. I need more spinach smoothies to get my veggies in. Anyway, health Care is rewarding, but the red tape can wear you down. I work with special need adults. They're fun, but a few need more help. It's something you should check out. We always need people who have it on their heart, and not just there for a paycheck.

Sent from my SM-S550TL using BariatricPal mobile app

OK I ONLY MADE IT TO PAGE 116 LOL... J/K

My name is Precious im 34 from Connecticut ... divorced, I have an 18yr son ( yes im a teenage mom) who will be graduating high school June 2018. I work 2 jobs. im a personal banker for a local bank and a supervisor at ups..

my Favorite color is blue, im not the girly type I hate makeup and high heels .. im a sneaker and timberland girl ..

Im in a motorcycle club on the social side of it but I am going for my motorcycle license..

im that friend that you have to warn your other friends about before they meet me because I am very blunt and upfront I truly go off of the vibes of people...

I've tried every diet program out the there. brought every waist trainer sweat gels sauna suits etc you name it I probably have it or used it lol

3 minutes ago, olympia25 said:

Hi Kara, looking forward to more of your post. I'm pre o.o and are going through the motions of making appointments doing well with my weight loss so far. I lost 10 lbs in 11 days. I'm having a hard time getting all of food in. I need to re group. I need more spinach smoothies to get my veggies in. Anyway, health Care is rewarding, but the red tape can wear you down. I work with special need adults. They're fun, but a few need more help. It's something you should check out. We always need people who have it on their heart, and not just there for a paycheck.

Sent from my SM-S550TL using BariatricPal mobile app

Nice to meet you! 10 lbs is a great loss for 11 days congrats! I've lost 27 throughout my pre-op, but it's been 6 months total to this point. Hopefully my last checkup it's even more. I like hiding veggies in my egg white Protein Breakfast with lean ham or turkey to try and meet my goals. Spinach everywhere! Yeah we have a huge rehab center near me that is always hiring. With my back I couldn't pass the tests needed, since I have to be able to carry people if needed. Hopefully once some more weight comes off and I get stronger I can qualify. We have a special needs home, as well as a senior and children's home. :)

@Karleena

Hi there and welcome! I wanted to chime in because we have a lot in common!
I had my surgery Oct 3rd last year, almost one year to the day of your upcoming date. Also, I am a graphic designer. Although I am near El Paso, Texas, I have a friend who went to Buffalo Art Conservation and Restoration college. And last, my husband and I are caring for my mother in law who has dementia and is also terminal.

I hope you find lots of friends and support here. I have! Out in the "real world" I know people can be negative and judgmental. I have not told some of my own family because of that type of likely judgment. I am very private and selective about who knows my story.

Best of luck to you as you move into your new life!!!

17 hours ago, The New Kel said:

@Karleena

Hi there and welcome! I wanted to chime in because we have a lot in common!
I had my surgery Oct 3rd last year, almost one year to the day of your upcoming date. Also, I am a graphic designer. Although I am near El Paso, Texas, I have a friend who went to Buffalo Art Conservation and Restoration college. And last, my husband and I are caring for my mother in law who has dementia and is also terminal.

I hope you find lots of friends and support here. I have! Out in the "real world" I know people can be negative and judgmental. I have not told some of my own family because of that type of likely judgment. I am very private and selective about who knows my story.

Best of luck to you as you move into your new life!!!

Wow we DO have a lot in common oh my gosh! Your surgery seems to have gone very well, and you have lost so much. Congrats! I'm excited to start my journey, and am glad there are others out there that I can relate to. Also I am proud of your friend that is a hard program to get into. I still have to take a fee chem classes my Bachelors didn't cover before I can even apply.

About a week till your big day! Are you on the special pre-op diet now?

I'm a 21 year old from SC, currently going through divorce from a very emotionally, mentally, and verbally abusive man. I have been trying to lose weight the past 5 years, and every time I tried my ex would accuse me of cheating. Now that he's finally out my life, I am taking control! I work as PST at a local hospital, and when I'm not at work caring for my patients, I love gardening and spending time with my family.

I have PCOS, borderline diabetic, and knee and back problems due to my weight. I've tried Adipex, and many other different ways to lose weight (currently on a low-carb diet), and nothing is working for me. I'm self conscious, depressed, and I just feel disgusted with myself. I'm currently 315 lbs. I have my first appointment to start my journey on Oct 9th! I am SO excited!!

I'm a 21 year old from SC, currently going through divorce from a very emotionally, mentally, and verbally abusive man. I have been trying to lose weight the past 5 years, and every time I tried my ex would accuse me of cheating. Now that he's finally out my life, I am taking control! I work as PST at a local hospital, and when I'm not at work caring for my patients, I love gardening and spending time with my family.
I have PCOS, borderline diabetic, and knee and back problems due to my weight. I've tried Adipex, and many other different ways to lose weight (currently on a low-carb diet), and nothing is working for me. I'm self conscious, depressed, and I just feel disgusted with myself. I'm currently 315 lbs. I have my first appointment to start my journey on Oct 9th! I am SO excited!!

Hi there, I had knee, back, circulation, and diabetes problems prior surgery, after losing 160 lbs, all problems are gone... (and still 60 lbs from my weight goal). All I can say is do not hesitate to take this big step, go through the process and you will be back to where you want to be in your life...
Start practicing eating slow and no Water 30 before/after meals, that will help a lot.
Depression goes away once you see your results, but also try exercising to make it a habit, as also helps to forget about problems.

Best

Hi ! I’m 3 wk post op VSG. I have done well since surgery. On surgery I weighed around 254 now I’m 240. I was 237 on Monday but when I weighed today I had gained. I’ve read lots about that 3rd week being tough and at first I was upset but then I settled down. One day at a time. I am happily married for 22 yrs and we don’t have any biological children but we raise my first cousins by their mother passed away from brain cancer 2 yrs ago. I am an RN of almost 15 yrs and I specialize as an oncology nurse. I have a mostly supportive family except my husband and a few others but I had to do this for myself and my family. The biggest difficulty I have had since surgery is getting all my fluids in. I have been blessed not to have continued nausea as some do. Good luck to everyone!

Hi, All!

Asian sleever here hahaha. It is now +1 year post-op for me and I am feeling great. My weight won't come down anymore tho, but that is alright since I am not in a rush, plus I have some muscles now.

I am 168cm, originally was 97,5 kg, right before op I was 95,5kg and now I am 61.8kg. I would love to reduce the scale to 58kg (I have reached this weight before, but I gained some due to unhealthy decisions of eating so much carbs lol). I exercise at least 3 times a week and I am feeling healthy.

Cheers and nice to meet you All.

great to hear everyone's stories, its amazing how a process can do so much for someone's life.

This past May 22nd was 2 years since my sleeve and in the best shape i have ever been in !!

the surgery will help but IT IS NOT THE WHOLE SOLUTION!!!!! keep that in mind and add the work that is needed if you dont want to have hanging skin all over. every day in and out, you did not go through the knife to end up wasting it all and gaining the weight back. so awesome to see everyone succeeding, blessings and best wishes to all !!

Untitled collage.jpg