Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy belated birthday heather. Sept/oct sleevers yeeay!. And to the above comment thanks I like that word rad haha!

Thanks! I know right, I just want it to get here already, but I'm taking this time to adjust (no drinking with eating) and prepare, so I hope it goes by quick!

Awww wish I had a lil girl but would not trade my lil heartbreaker for nothing ...an preparation before hand is a great idea..the no drinking while eating is been my hardest thing an not being able to tolerate most stuff to but that fades with time I got my staples out today an my incesions look great an I've lost twenty pounds so far..when is ur surgery?

Awww wish I had a lil girl but would not trade my lil heartbreaker for nothing ...an preparation before hand is a great idea..the no drinking while eating is been my hardest thing an not being able to tolerate most stuff to but that fades with time I got my staples out today an my incesions look great an I've lost twenty pounds so far..when is ur surgery?

My surgery isn't scheduled yet but I'm thinking sept/oct.

You know, I"ve neither read nor participated in this thread (to be fair)... I found it via search results for an unrelated topic, but I have to tell you that meteorologists can make some serious bank. We have three of them on our street - they & DH all work with NOAA. They aren't paid storm chasers, but they do it as a hobby - and always have an "in" for when the good storms will hit. :)

Great idea! My name is Kendra. I am 24 on July 29th. I'm from Nebraska and enjoy camping, hiking, swimming, sports and any outdoor activity. I also am a frolfer. (Frisbee/ disc golf) My surgery will hopefully be in october. I have two brothers. I'm the middle child. I own my own home business with travel called World Ventures. I love wv! I am also a cna and provide in home care to two of the best clients ive had. I absolutley love my job but if money weren't an object I would become a meteorologist with a minor in photography, so I could chase tornadoes and take pictures of incredible storms and skies. It gives me a rush and I'm a bit of a thrill seeker. I'm currently pursuing my RN at MPCC. I currently have a partial torn acl and torn miniscus that I will have surgery for on the 27th from playing basketball. I hate that my weight inhibites my activities. I cant wait to be thin and be able to run after a soccer/basket/volley ball again!!! Ive been heavy all my life but I try not to let it stop me from doing anything everyone else can do!

Really I wad told it was one of those fields that were hard to get a.job in so ive been workin on my rn. That makes me want to go back to my college and ask them cause around here in Nebraska it is very job limited in that field you have to have expierence. And I dont wanna be on tv haha I wanna be the storm.chaser/background person thats all I know. Hmmm now u have me thinkin of changin my major haha

Great plan....

My name is Kjarlune Rae and I am a 40 about to be 41 year old mother of 6 and grandmother of 2...Before you ask we adopted our son at an older age. So typically no I am not old enough to be a grandmother but I love being one. We have one child left at home. I am married to my twin soul who cherishes me and allows me to be the girl all the time.

I am a professional therapist and have been Canada's Top Clairvoyant for the last 20 or so years. I love the radio work I do, and I am in the midst of filming a TV show that is close to my heart but have no idea when it is coming out

I love my life. I am blessed and now have the need/desire to travel...

Yes I agree my weight has plagued me long enough.....

Nice to meet you all...

"If you want something you have never had. Then you must do something you have never done in order to get it."

36 y/o mother of one DD. DH and I will be married 15 years this year. DH is from Europe - I met him on a trip I tookwith a girlfriend from college days and 3 years later we got married. He and DD have dual citizenship and we're working to raise her with both cultures & both languages. My in-laws are perhaps starting to acclimate to the idea that he's married to an American, and lives in America. It's only been 15 years married/18 years together, maybe they just need more time?

I work a regular M-F as a senior consultant in the field of human performance engineering, and own my own company doing freelance work in the same field. DH and I also jointly own a business doing web design & technology infrastructure for small businesses. And when I have spare time, I own a second business making cupcakes! I've been in my field pretty much since I was old enough to have a job, so no great stories of career transition or super fun past jobs. DH's regular M-F is working as a contract engineer for the government. He's a hell of a hobby physicist, astronomist (he's building an 8ft telescope in his spare time), and AI programmer. Yeah, we have some really funky dinner table conversations in our house!

I was a fairly serious athlete most of my juvenile life, until I completely tore up my knee (which lead to losing a scholarship to play for my college, and who knows what else). I had periods of chunkiness in off seasons, but as soon as the play seasons came up I would instantly trim down. That all went a bit out of control once I didn't have the sports any longer. I maintained "chunkiness" for a long time, and I just started blowing up 10 - 12 years ago.

In 2006 at close to 400 lbs I had AGB surgery. Within a year I lost about 120 lbs, and within about 2 years I'd lost about 200 lbs and was preggo with DD. My band prolapsed during my pregnancy and I bounced between ~250 and ~280 for the next few years. Band was removed last year, and between removal and sleeve surgery I went back up to about 350.

Hobbies - I'm a certified diver (deep, night, etc.) but haven't done it much since DD was born. Just about anything artistic... and I love interior decorating (but I'm not very good at it).

Cheers. ;)

Weetsin. You and you family sound so interesting. There is nothing ordinary or boring about you! Glad I have the opportunity to know you. Good luck with your surgery. Where and when are you having it?

My name is Star. I'm a 30 year old mother of one beautiful daughter (she's 1). I met my adoring husband when I moved from New York to Mississippi when I was 13. Of those 16 years, we've been married for 10. I have a BA in psychology but don't use it. I work in a call center as operations manger for a very well known computer company.

I love to read when I have time, but music is my passion. Growing up in the 80's I got the best of all the music. From 70's Clapton to 80's Starship. I played basketball and soccer in high school though I was always a functioning chunk. Size 16 or up since I was 12. I play several instruments and was in musicals as well.

For free time now... Wait... What free time lol. One year old and working 10 hours a day fixes that. I got sleeved for me. The first thing I had done for me... Maybe ever. Excited to see what I look like under all this fluff. I've enjoyed reading everyone's introductions :-)

Hi all. My name's Melissa. I'm 41. Been married for 20 years. Have two sons, 18 and 16, as well as a 11 year old pug dog daughter! (lol). I like to read, travel, go to amusement and Water parks, donate blood, bake, bike ride, love doing practically anything. I do a lot of things alone.

My previous weight growing up was always normal. I am 5'4", and as a teenager weighed about 115 and looked anorexic because I have large bones. I was built to be tall, but I'm not!!

Anyway, first pregnancy was uneventful, and was only 10 lbs from prepregnancy weight when I got pregnant with son #2. Though taking care of a 2 yr old and walking daily kept me busy, I gained about 65 lbs with 2nd! Only got down to 165ish before getting a toxic goiter and hyperthyroid. I'm weird and react different than most people. I gained weight! Goiter and thyroid removed with radioactive iodine. Now I'm lifetime hypothyroid. Sooo hard to lose now!

I'm at my heaviest right now...just under 265. I have zero self esteem. No support from husband. Kids are great, but typical teenagers! Glad I have my pug Molly. She's the only one that loves me unconditionally.

Anyway, I am going to Mexico for surgery toward the end of August. I will be going alone. My husband doesn't support this physically, emotionally, verbally or financially. I barely have enough money to do this. Only been at my job 6 years, and cleaned out my 401k to pay for the surgery.

That's my story, and I am getting anxious (in a really good way) to see where my new life will take me. I may be married, but may not be by next year. I can't take his lack of support and selfishness much longer...just sayin. Once I get some of ME back, I'm hoping to have the umph to do what I gotta do for ME! Tired of existing for people who do not appreciate me and continue to suck the life out of me!

Oops, I vented (again) :P

Oh Melissa, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry your husband has not been supportive and that you are essentially having to go through this alone. I am proud of you for having the strength to do this for you and know that you deserve better!

Please know that we are here to support you however we can! You are on the path to a new you!!

Hi all. My name's Melissa. I'm 41. Been married for 20 years. Have two sons, 18 and 16, as well as a 11 year old pug dog daughter! (lol). I like to read, travel, go to amusement and Water parks, donate blood, bake, bike ride, love doing practically anything. I do a lot of things alone.

My previous weight growing up was always normal. I am 5'4", and as a teenager weighed about 115 and looked anorexic because I have large bones. I was built to be tall, but I'm not!!

Anyway, first pregnancy was uneventful, and was only 10 lbs from prepregnancy weight when I got pregnant with son #2. Though taking care of a 2 yr old and walking daily kept me busy, I gained about 65 lbs with 2nd! Only got down to 165ish before getting a toxic goiter and hyperthyroid. I'm weird and react different than most people. I gained weight! Goiter and thyroid removed with radioactive iodine. Now I'm lifetime hypothyroid. Sooo hard to lose now!

I'm at my heaviest right now...just under 265. I have zero self esteem. No support from husband. Kids are great, but typical teenagers! Glad I have my pug Molly. She's the only one that loves me unconditionally.

Anyway, I am going to Mexico for surgery toward the end of August. I will be going alone. My husband doesn't support this physically, emotionally, verbally or financially. I barely have enough money to do this. Only been at my job 6 years, and cleaned out my 401k to pay for the surgery.

That's my story, and I am getting anxious (in a really good way) to see where my new life will take me. I may be married, but may not be by next year. I can't take his lack of support and selfishness much longer...just sayin. Once I get some of ME back, I'm hoping to have the umph to do what I gotta do for ME! Tired of existing for people who do not appreciate me and continue to suck the life out of me!

Oops, I vented (again) :P

Thanks former vbg. Y'all are like a new family to me!

@MGM. us August sleeves need to stick together! You are a strong women, doing this for yourself and no one else. So sorry you don't have you hubby's support. Hopefully there are others, friend or family, so you are not alone. We are always here too. <3

Ok my name is Kym I'm 52 married 3 grown children and 2 grand babies that live with me I fought my weight my whole adult life I'm basically healthy take no meds but my knees kill. I have STRESS due to my job and babies in my house which has made me gain more weight I'm doing this for me I want to feel healthy again I want to exercise again as women we also take care of all around us now it's time to take a short period of time for ourselves to get healthy I very nervous and tired of waiting Aug 20 th But I cant wait to be a success story like many of you

My name is Star. I'm a 30 year old mother of one beautiful daughter (she's 1). I met my adoring husband when I moved from New York to Mississippi when I was 13. Of those 16 years, we've been married for 10. I have a BA in psychology but don't use it. I work in a call center as operations manger for a very well known computer company.

I love to read when I have time, but music is my passion. Growing up in the 80's I got the best of all the music. From 70's Clapton to 80's Starship. I played basketball and soccer in high school though I was always a functioning chunk. Size 16 or up since I was 12. I play several instruments and was in musicals as well.

For free time now... Wait... What free time lol. One year old and working 10 hours a day fixes that. I got sleeved for me. The first thing I had done for me... Maybe ever. Excited to see what I look like under all this fluff. I've enjoyed reading everyone's introductions :-)

Hey Star! Looks like we are neighbors. I live in Amory MS. Love coming to Starkville to see the Bulldogs play!