Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok...here I go...My name is Robin and I have been married 28 years to my high school sweetheart (Dennis)! I have 2 beautiful sons (Eric 26 & Ryan 15). I inherited a beautiful sweet daughter in law (Misty) and she and my son gave me to gorgeous and energetic granddaughters (Hallie 6 and Kaylin 1). I love my family with all my heart. Love to watch my youngest son play sports. He's my baseball player and we've played tournament ball for 6 years. Now we're doing high school baseball and that's how we spend our summers. I am a paralegal for a small law firm and love my job! I live for my family but I've decided that I've gotta do something for myself now. In 7 days I will have the surgery that will cure my obesity (with a little help from me, of course). I will spend 10 days in Costa Rica at a recovery villa that is beautiful with someone waiting on me hand and foot....I've never had that. I've never been away from my children but 7 days....this will be an adventure for me. Oh, and I've never been on a plane (and I am dreading that). I am deathly afraid of heights so I am not looking forward to the plane ride but this will get my surgery so I'm conquering my fears and flying to Costa Rica! I am a christian and I love God and I know he will see me through it all! I love this forum. It's full of amazing people that can give you encouragement and a stiff kick when you need it. Anyhow! That's me!

Ok...here I go...My name is Robin and I have been married 28 years to my high school sweetheart (Dennis)! I have 2 beautiful sons (Eric 26 & Ryan 15). I inherited a beautiful sweet daughter in law (Misty) and she and my son gave me to gorgeous and energetic granddaughters (Hallie 6 and Kaylin 1). I love my family with all my heart. Love to watch my youngest son play sports. He's my baseball player and we've played tournament ball for 6 years. Now we're doing high school baseball and that's how we spend our summers. I am a paralegal for a small law firm and love my job! I live for my family but I've decided that I've gotta do something for myself now. In 7 days I will have the surgery that will cure my obesity (with a little help from me, of course). I will spend 10 days in Costa Rica at a recovery villa that is beautiful with someone waiting on me hand and foot....I've never had that. I've never been away from my children but 7 days....this will be an adventure for me. Oh, and I've never been on a plane (and I am dreading that). I am deathly afraid of heights so I am not looking forward to the plane ride but this will get my surgery so I'm conquering my fears and flying to Costa Rica! I am a christian and I love God and I know he will see me through it all! I love this forum. It's full of amazing people that can give you encouragement and a stiff kick when you need it. Anyhow! That's me!

No we're right next to each other. Don't be nervous about the plane ride or surgery. Everything will go great. Good luck and let us know how beautiful Costa Rica is.

Hi all! I'm brand new here. I'm just staring my WLS journey. I've been to a seminar, completed reams of paperwork detailing my health and weight loss attempts over the years (good times!), met with the practice nurse and had my first meeting with the surgeon. Next week I meet with the nutritionist, exercise physiologist and practice director. I'm on my way!

I'm still deciding between the lap band and VSG, but right now I'm leaning towards VSG. I'd love feedback from anyone who's made that choice and insight into your decision-making process.

Enough about that...who am I? I'm 43 years old and newly married to an amazing man. I have three step children, ages 8, 11 and 14. That's been a big change! In three years it's gone from me and my adorable dog to a husband and three step children. What a wonderful change in my life.

I have a really demanding job as a sales engineer for a software company, which means I travel a lot and am rarely in charge of my own schedule. This has made all of my attempts at weight loss very challenging.

Hobbies...the sad truth is that I don't have many due to my work schedule, but I'd love to find some new ones! It's my goal to make working out a hobby I enjoy and look forward to on a daily basis. I love to read and travel. In the past few months my husband and I have gone to Mexico and Maui, and we just got back from a trip to Orlando with the kids.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know others on this site and to learn from your experiences. I can't wait to get WLS so I can finally get my weight under control. I'm at the best place ever personally and professionally. Now I just need to get heathly so I can enjoy this life for a long, long time.

Hi! My name is Veronica. I'm 39, I have been married to David, who is 2 years younger than me, for almost 15 years. We don't have any kids. I am an only child. I am a PBX Agent, just a fancy title for telephone operator. I remember being chubby since about 5 years old when the doctor put me on a diet. I was always chubby til I got to high school then I went from obese to morbidly obese and am still in that category. The year I got married, I had my gallbladder taken out. Ever since, I've had hypothyroidism. I've tried all kinds of diets except Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig, cause I couldn't afford them. The only one diet that worked for me was Atkins. I lost about 70 pounds back in 2008 but gained back half. I've always wanted bariatric surgery and have finally decided on gastric sleeve.

Lets see, I love to play social games, like Farmville/Castleville. I like all kinds of music but usually end up listening to 80s or metal. I love all kinds of movies but prefer comedy or horror. I love all kinds of technology gadgets (can't wait to get my tablet), web surfing, I love to sing karaoke and amateur photography. I wish I could travel, but I don't have the funds for that.

I just started seeing my doctor and he's given me a 6 month pre-op diet. My paperwork should go through in November and God willing, by December I can get my surgery :)

Hi all! I'm brand new here. I'm just staring my WLS journey. I've been to a seminar' date=' completed reams of paperwork detailing my health and weight loss attempts over the years (good times!), met with the practice nurse and had my first meeting with the surgeon. Next week I meet with the nutritionist, exercise physiologist and practice director. I'm on my way!

I'm still deciding between the lap band and VSG, but right now I'm leaning towards VSG. I'd love feedback from anyone who's made that choice and insight into your decision-making process.

Enough about that...who am I? I'm 43 years old and newly married to an amazing man. I have three step children, ages 8, 11 and 14. That's been a big change! In three years it's gone from me and my adorable dog to a husband and three step children. What a wonderful change in my life.

I have a really demanding job as a sales engineer for a software company, which means I travel a lot and am rarely in charge of my own schedule. This has made all of my attempts at weight loss very challenging.

Hobbies...the sad truth is that I don't have many due to my work schedule, but I'd love to find some new ones! It's my goal to make working out a hobby I enjoy and look forward to on a daily basis. I love to read and travel. In the past few months my husband and I have gone to Mexico and Maui, and we just got back from a trip to Orlando with the kids.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know others on this site and to learn from your experiences. I can't wait to get WLS so I can finally get my weight under control. I'm at the best place ever personally and professionally. Now I just need to get heathly so I can enjoy this life for a long, long time.[/quote']

Hi there...you sound like I did before I found this and other sites. I now have no question about which surgery and am definitely doing the sleeve! The band and bypass have the highest reoperation rates due to complications and the sleeve has the least, plus all the banders that have converted to sleeves...it became a no-brainer for me. I've had my first months visits and have two more months before surgery is scheduled. Good luck and if you wanna talk just let me know. Good luck!

Hi all! I'm brand new here. I'm just staring my WLS journey. I've been to a seminar' date=' completed reams of paperwork detailing my health and weight loss attempts over the years (good times!), met with the practice nurse and had my first meeting with the surgeon. Next week I meet with the nutritionist, exercise physiologist and practice director. I'm on my way!

I'm really looking forward to getting to know others on this site and to learn from your experiences. I can't wait to get WLS so I can finally get my weight under control. I'm at the best place ever personally and professionally. Now I just need to get heathly so I can enjoy this life for a long, long time.[/quote']

Hi there...you sound like I did before I found this and other sites. I now have no question about which surgery and am definitely doing the sleeve! The band and bypass have the highest reoperation rates due to complications and the sleeve has the least, plus all the banders that have converted to sleeves...it became a no-brainer for me. I've had my first months visits and have two more months before surgery is scheduled. Good luck and if you wanna talk just let me know. Good luck!

Hi! My name is Veronica. I'm 39' date=' I have been married to David, who is 2 years younger than me, for almost 15 years. We don't have any kids. I am an only child. I am a PBX Agent, just a fancy title for telephone operator. I remember being chubby since about 5 years old when the doctor put me on a diet. I was always chubby til I got to high school then I went from obese to morbidly obese and am still in that category. The year I got married, I had my gallbladder taken out. Ever since, I've had hypothyroidism. I've tried all kinds of diets except Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig, cause I couldn't afford them. The only one diet that worked for me was Atkins. I lost about 70 pounds back in 2008 but gained back half. I've always wanted bariatric surgery and have finally decided on gastric sleeve.

Lets see, I love to play social games, like Farmville/Castleville. I like all kinds of music but usually end up listening to 80s or metal. I love all kinds of movies but prefer comedy or horror. I love all kinds of technology gadgets (can't wait to get my tablet), web surfing, I love to sing karaoke and amateur photography. I wish I could travel, but I don't have the funds for that.

I just started seeing my doctor and he's given me a 6 month pre-op diet. My paperwork should go through in November and God willing, by December I can get my surgery :)[/quote']

We sound a lot alike...have a lot of the same interests. I'm in the first part of a 3 month pre-op diet. Good luck and if you wanna talk just holler at me.

We sound a lot alike...have a lot of the same interests. I'm in the first part of a 3 month pre-op diet. Good luck and if you wanna talk just holler at me.

Hey gurl, it would be nice to keep in touch.

My name is Denise. I am 59 years old now.

I was one of the first people to join this board when it started 3 years ago. I was very anxious for Alex to get this board started, after I started having band problems. I knew I was going to have it removed.

My husband and I own 700 acres on which we raise buffalo. I don't know how many people know that buffalo meat has the lowest fat and calories than any other meat, even chicken and fish. It also has the highest amount of Iron.

I've been at goal for most of the 3 years, but I am having a lot of trouble now, keeping it off. I have to watch every bite I put into my mouth, or I gain back 5 lbs in a matter of a couple days. It's way easier to gain now, than it was a year ago. It really scares me.

I was one of the first people to join this board when it started 3 years ago. I was very anxious for Alex to get this board started' date=' after I started having band problems. I knew I was going to have it removed.

My husband and I own 700 acres on which we raise buffalo. I don't know how many people know that buffalo meat has the lowest fat and calories than any other meat, even chicken and fish. It also has the highest amount of Iron.

I've been at goal for most of the 3 years, but I am having a lot of trouble now, keeping it off. I have to watch every bite I put into my mouth, or I gain back 5 lbs in a matter of a couple days. It's way easier to gain now, than it was a year ago. It really scares me.[/quote']

Kinda scary, but I guess I already imagined it would be kinda like that. A tool to help you lose and then maintain your weight but I guess once you get to a certain weight you just gotta keep at it. It'll never be easy... I've also heard that sometimes your body can have a "pre-determined" weight and will fight you if you go below it. I don't know, just trying to make you feel better!

WOW! How very cool, a bison farm!!! I live just down the road from a bison farm. Going to PM you because I've thought about going down there to buy some meat from them but wasn't sure what it would taste like- have heard different things.

I was one of the first people to join this board when it started 3 years ago. I was very anxious for Alex to get this board started, after I started having band problems. I knew I was going to have it removed.

I've been at goal for most of the 3 years, but I am having a lot of trouble now, keeping it off. I have to watch every bite I put into my mouth, or I gain back 5 lbs in a matter of a couple days. It's way easier to gain now, than it was a year ago. It really scares me.

My name is Angela and I am 27. I am married to the most supportive, loving, amazing person in the world, Corey. We have been together 6 years, married almost 3. I have two step sons. I have two dogs, Darwin and Pavlov, who is my blind baby. I work as a counselor at a domestic and sexual assault shelter and before that I worked for 6 years with adults with intellectual and physical disabilities and absolutely loved it! I am currently working on my master's degree in mental health counseling. I have always been overweight by today's standards but really ballooned up after I turned 18 and again after I got married. I want too lose this weight so that I can have healthy pregnancies as well as feel more confident and attractive. My information is being sent to insurance this week so wish me luck!

Good luck Corange! I work with emotionally disturbed children, so I know how stressful and rewarding that is. We use food as a incentive for good behavior far too much. Do your work and we will have chips at the end of the day. Earn all your points for the monthly pizza party. As a teacher, it is usually the most effective and cheapest reward we can give while in the classroom. School lunches are horrible. We are nurturing an overweight society. That's my rant for the day as I go off to graduation with lots of food afterwards. Not yet at my pre op time so I might taste here and there.

Hi I am new to the site. I am 26 urs old. Married to my best friend two yrs ago. I have a wonderful 1 year old son! Light of my life! I am just beginning the kaiser options program that involves 12 weeks of classes and then medical clearance. Although my husband would not first agree to the sugary has started to understand and become very supportive. I look forward to the possibilities post surgery and ita been so nice to read your stories and find people going through the same thing...

Hello!

Super awesome idea!

My name is actually Dana, and I'm 35. I'm currently living with my boyfriend and best friend. We've known each other 15 years, and have been dating for nearly 3 (October). I have no kids, but I do have a furbaby. My little Shih Tzu, Jude who is 4 years old. I've had him since he was only 8 weeks old, and he is one of the bright spots in my day everyday.

I have PCOS, and also had VSG in hopes of losing weight so that I could get my health under control, and have a baby in a couple of years.

I'm a hoop dancer, and teacher. Yes, hula hoops! If you're curious what hoop dance is, just hit up youtube. It has been my hobby and passion for about 3 years now. I also love to shoot photography, make jewlery, and am just now getting in to yoga and meditation. I love seeing new places, though I'm not nearly as travelled as I'd like to be.

I work currently as a Senior Administrative Assistant for a HR Outsourcing company, though I'm working now towards getting into my other love, housing! I am about to enroll in school to aquire my real estate licensing, and then attend school for home decor and staging certification. This is what I'd love to do.