Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Want The Ugly Truth About Weight Loss Surgery? Well Here You Go....

Just came across another down side of losing weight... I am in the smallest size of pants that my favorite clothing stores sell.( Rickis, Reitmans, and Cleo) If I lose more, I'll have to find new favorite stores!!

1. Being able to slide into a booth at a restaurant. What a bummer

2. Not being a Zombie all day from severe obstructive sleep apnea

3. Being able to walk and even run without pain. How can I stand this?

4. Having either a weight loss or non-weight loss victory a day.

5. and those damned compliments!

Just came across another down side of losing weight... I am in the smallest size of pants that my favorite clothing stores sell.( Rickis, Reitmans, and Cleo) If I lose more, I'll have to find new favorite stores!!

So funny you mention this! I was just thinking about the fact Kohl's smalles size is a 4... and if I keep losing anymore inches those will be too big for me. So sad! I really didn't want to get smaller than that. It's so amazing how at least for me thinking I could never get this small, yet I did. I always claimed that I had "big bones" (which I do, I checked)... just not big enough to use as an excuse to NOT be thin. :wink1:

Ok, just read this great thread! It's an older thread which means there is a whole new group of Sleeve Veterans who can share the "ugly truth". Those veterans probably read this thread 8 months ago when they either pre-op or newly sleeved.

So come on new veterans, inspire the Pre-Op and Newly Sleeved! Lets hear the "Ugly Truth" about your new lives.... and hopefully we can be the veterans in 8 months! :)

I have trouble with sitting too long or on hard surfaces, I have no butt flesh! I love my new ward robe but have very few cloths. Being able to go shopping with friend that are bigger than me now and seeing her struggle with her size (she is a nay sayer). Actually, I love my skinniness and love it when someone is so kind to compliment me on my weight loss. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy for us! The down side is the expense of buying a new wardrobe! Ha, I've got this! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for all of us! :)

Being able to buy pants that don't have elastic in the waistbands! WOOT!

Indymom

this was huge for me (no pun!) when i enterred Kohl's my body turned to the direction of plus sizes where jeans, pants had those elastic waistbands :angry:

afraid to leave my old "friends" of that area. It was psychologically difficult to leave the plus area, because i just couldn't see myself in smaller area :(

i did leave, never to look back - what an accomplishment for me WOOHOO :)

in other words, i miss shopping in "those" areas :lol:

Yes, losing weight is such a pain in the booty. I'm 5 months out and 72 lbs down and here are the top 10 things that really I really miss:

1. I miss pulling on my pant leg when I attempt to cross my leg. Now I cross them with no hands and they actually stay crossed.

2. I miss shaving my netherlands blindly. Now I see everything.

3. I miss being invisible. Now everyone sees me and gives me compliments all day long-so annoying.

4. I miss people avoiding me on planes because they don't want to sit next to me (because I spill into their seat). Now, the seat next to me always fills up quickly.

5. I miss plus size stores. One small place to find everything. Now I go into large department stores and it's all so overwhelming. So much to try on.

6. I miss being out of breath to put my shoes one, wipe my own tush, climb stairs, walk fast, take a shower or anything else that requires energy. Now I actually work out 5 times a week.

7. I miss the fat in my stomach pushing up on my heart when I have sex with my husband and he's on top. Now, we can do any position and everything feels comfortable-really annoying too!

8. I miss cleaning off my plates and feeling miserable after every meal.

9. I miss my double chin and my size 20 clothes. I'm now a 10.

10. I miss avoiding pictures at all costs and now I have to pose for them.

I miss many more things (not), but that's it for now.

I have no butt flesh! I :)

I miss my big butt

My butt is gone , which is a good thing - it used to cover the state of NewYork :lol:

my skin moved south with hanging skin on the back of my thighs, better there then in the ass :D

just read this great thread! , new veterans, inspire the Pre-Op and Newly Sleeved!

DanainNewOrleans

Missed this thread - thanx for bringing it back to life

Ok, just read this great thread! It's an older thread which means there is a whole new group of Sleeve Veterans who can share the "ugly truth". Those veterans probably read this thread 8 months ago when they either pre-op or newly sleeved.

So come on new veterans, inspire the Pre-Op and Newly Sleeved! Lets hear the "Ugly Truth" about your new lives.... and hopefully we can be the veterans in 8 months! :)

WOW!! I commented on this thread and it was probably a month and half before my surgery, and now, even though I'm less than halfway down, I've experienced MANY of these things!! It's SOOOOO awesome!!! I mean....uh.....TERRIBLE!!!

It's terrible how my husband calls me pretty all the time and gets all handsy. OH, and the other night at the restaurant, the girl asked "booth or table" ....and I couldn't decide, because either was FINE. It was awful.

I really hated trying on shirts at Kohl's because I used to wear anywhere from a 3x to 5x, and now I had to make do with these stupid little "XL" sizes. PUHHH!!! XL!! You don't get any fabric for your money!

OH well..

Guess I'll have to get used to these things. :/