Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2012 Surgery Dates- Who's Ready?

Monday will mark 4 weeks out for me...I had a stall on week 3 of course..I got on top of my Water intake and i lost 5 more pounds....I think we lose our loose water weight first...

I have to admit that when I am more faithful to the 60-70 ounces of Water a day I do seem to move downward on the scale. It just happened today! Thanks for the words of encouragement. They mean alot

I am 5days post op and wondering:

1) does anyone have headaches

2) are you able to get 600 calories in? I am landing around 200-300 calories a day

I still feel pretty good but thinking that I will be feeling weak soon.

I have to admit that when I am more faithful to the 60-70 ounces of Water a day I do seem to move downward on the scale. It just happened today! Thanks for the words of encouragement. They mean alot

its weird how it works, and its hard to get the fluids in....lol

Thx Redi. Headaches are gone today (knock on wood) as far as I can tell.

I feel better today other than the left over contrast making me run to the little girls room regularly....

How is everyone feeling out there????

Thx Redi. Headaches are gone today (knock on wood) as far as I can tell.

I feel better today other than the left over contrast making me run to the little girls room regularly....

How is everyone feeling out there????

Glad the headaches are gone. I had them for almost 3 weeks. Now my headache (lol) is getting in my meds, eating and drinking on schedule. But STILL losing weight! I am under 290. And don't anticipate gaining!

That's great!

Where are the rest of the Feb sleevers out there? are you guys feeling good? any challenges?

I'm feeling great! I've lost 40 lbs. total so far, and still struggling to get all the Protein, calories and liquids in every day, and starting blender foods today, so I think that will make it much easier to meet those goals. I can't believe it's actually happening!!

It's not been 2 weeks for me yet, but I'm feeling great. I think that my biggest struggle is trying to drink enough Water. It's hard to get 8 glasses in. I sip and sip as much as possible, but it's still a challenge. Otherwise, I'm great. I have no pain. I'm going back to work on Wednesday.

I'm 4 weeks out now and things are getting better. I can drink fresh, cold Water now instead of lukewarm flavored water. I don't have to sip, I can gulpgulpgulp (but only 3x, if I go for a 4th gulp it will be uncomfortable for a few minutes).

I'm having a LOT of trouble getting all of my water and Protein in. I think the best I've done so far is to get 30G of protein and maybe 40oz of water. I really really need to work on that.

But I can eat pretty much anything! My surgeon and NUT ok'ed me to move onto regular foods as long as I chew chew chew and they don't bother me. So I've gotten to eat all sorts of foods and am feeling less and less deprived each day. Over the weekend I had a "Protein Taco" which was basically 1/4th of a low carb wrap with refried Beans, ground beef, cheddar cheese, greek yogurt in place of sour cream, and a tiny dribble of mild salsa. I'm pretty sure it was the most incredible thing I have ever eaten. Granted it took me nearly an hour to eat most of it and I ended up giving the last bit to my daughter it was still so incredible. All of the flavors and textures totally thrilled me- and I'm guessing there was at least 15-20g of protein.

Its great to hear that mostly everyone is feeling good! I am at 2 weeks post-op today! Yay! Each day gets a bit better. I can finally start mushies today. I attempted to eat a peice of string cheese. I nibbled on it for an hour. Lol! Nothing is coming back up so that's a good sign! I am having a terrible time getting my protien shakes in everyday. I can't find one that I like. Also having trouble getting all my Water in. I have tried Propel, Gatorade, and Powerade, I can't stand the taste of any of them... I fear getting dehydrated, but so far I am feeling good :)

I'm feeling great! I've lost 40 lbs. total so far, and still struggling to get all the Protein, calories and liquids in every day, and starting blender foods today, so I think that will make it much easier to meet those goals. I can't believe it's actually happening!!

OMG 40 lbs in 22 days good for you. Seems like everyone is doing really well!!!

Great to hear!!!

I am getting sick of broth, Jello and popsicles.

Has anyone tried the New Whey Protein 42G of Protein Shots? it is whey isolate and it is tough to get down. Just wondering if anyone has tried watering it down or anything to make it more appetizing?