Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally, 100 Lbs Lost, Feel Like A New Person.

Those last 4 lbs lost to reach the 100 lbs lost mark seemed like it took forever. It has been less than 7 months since my surgery and now I am only 16 lbs from my goal weight. It actually seems attainable now that I am that close. When I started this journey 100 LBS seemed like a dream but it is now history. Like I mentioned in my blog, I had increased my calorie intake for my strength training. It helped in my exercise and I continued to lose inches but it had slowed my weight loss. Since the weight loss was still my main priority until I reach my goal, I have decreased my calories and carbs back down to 900/80 a day and that got the scale moving again. I am going to increase my cardio, slow my strength training a bit and see how that goes for the last 16 lbs.

For those of you reading the forums that have to lose 100 lbs or more, it can be done and you can do it. I used the sleeve as my tool, changed my diet and worked out like a mad man at the gym. The sleeve is not a magic wand, especially if you have this much weight to lose, the restriction has been the key for me.

I look back over this 100lbs lost and I have no doubt I could of lost more in probably less time but I felt the strength training and muscle building was worth the trade off of the speed of the weight loss. I have very little lose skin after losing 100lbs and I think that has a lot to do with replacing it with muscle.

Losing the 100lbs is a big deal for me but not as much as reaching my goal, that last 16 lbs is going to be a real motivator.

Kemo46,

Congrats on that 100lb marker. I completely understand when you say it was a dream... and yet here you are! You've lost a little person! 100lb is a deram for me too... I will be happy to lose 84lb to get to my surgeon's goal and then re-evaluate!

I like the idea of lowering cals and doing more areobic workouts to get to goal... I think you might be onto a winner there. In the New Year (I have given myself time out in Dec) i will, too, be lowering my cals to see if I can shift the last few pounds!

Good luck on that final stretch... I will look out for you goal thread! Keep us posted on your progress =]

Congratulations and welcome to the Century Club!! I have around 13 pounds left to goal, so a similar number after losing 100--it does seem both right there and far away!

Best wishes as you continue to goal!!

Such motivation for me!! Congratulations!!

Congratulations Kemo46! on both counts! You've lost 100 lbs pounds but it sounds like you've really accomplished some pretty amazing fitness goals! How awesome! You inspired me!

Great job Kemo!! You show us that it can be done. I can't wait...72 more to get to 100 lost.

That's amazing!!!

Kemo congrats on the Century Club! Thanks for being such a good addition to this board too, you're a very inspiring person around here. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches