Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

-I rely on oh yeah wafer bars WAY too much. But I figure it's the lesser of 2 evils when I REALLY want a sweet treat.

-I don't stick to enough of a schedule for eating. It doesn't dawn on me that, "hey! I should eat lunch" till I've given into temptation and eaten a scone or cinni-bun ( mini thank god)

-I don't log everyday, but I'm trying to get back at 'er.

-I'm training for a half marathon and I keep 'putting off runs". It's coming soon!! So I better be ready!!

-I "allow" ( not quite sure how to not allow) my work schedule to be so hectic that it interferes with sleep/life/sex/running/all of the above. I may be in charge of that bakery in the new year (2nd in charge right now), so I'm biding my time til I can run it the way it needs to be run.

I eat too fast

I take too big of bites

I drink with meals

My Snacks are not always healthy

I don't exercise

I know if I want to loose weight as fast as all of ya'll have I better get on the band wagon.

I can't believe I spent over $5000 to have the sleeve and I am letting it go to waste by not controlling my eating better.

I really thought it would be easier. I thought the sleeve would make me loose weight like magic and I wouldn't have to do anything difficult like *DIET*. I better stop kidding myself and get serious.

Sleeve 4 me - you are so fortunate to have lost so much without exercise and with those bad habits! How long ago were you sleeved and what do you attribute to your success?? Do you just not eat much at all?

Bad habits:

-I drink diet coke.

-I have a bag of chocolate Peanut Butter cups on the counter and I have one or two a day, which is a huge improvement because before I could have eaten the whole bag at one sitting.

-I smoke and I'm trying to quit, but not doing well at it. (I've quit before and will again, permanently this time.)

-I hate exercising. Today was the first time I've gotten into the mental zone that says it COULD be fun if I keep at it.

-I'm a perfectionist and have a tendency to be way too hard on myself.

I don't chew my food as well as I did when I started out....

Thanks for sharing everyone! It's good to have a realistic view of ones behavior... NO MORE HIDING! In the past I never told anyone how much I weighed, when I hid food or ate alone, or how many servings... Its good to get it out in the open and go from there.

....And to see how much success there is here even with the bad habits!

AMEN! Thank God for sleevie!

I eat too fast

I take too big of bites

I drink with meals

My Snacks are not always healthy

I don't exercise

I know if I want to loose weight as fast as all of ya'll have I better get on the band wagon.

I can't believe I spent over $5000 to have the sleeve and I am letting it go to waste by not controlling my eating better.

I really thought it would be easier. I thought the sleeve would make me loose weight like magic and I wouldn't have to do anything difficult like *DIET*. I better stop kidding myself and get serious.

Sleeve 4 me - you are so fortunate to have lost so much without exercise and with those bad habits! How long ago were you sleeved and what do you attribute to your success?? Do you just not eat much at all?

Initially I did exercise to get to goal. It's really mostly all sleevie I tell you. I just can't eat a lot, even if I want to. Last night we ate at El Pollo Loco for dinner and I literally had 1/2 of 1/2 of a spicy chipotle burrito. And that's all I could eat. Later I had a peppermint white mocha frap light and that was it for the night. Last night I did walk a lot, shopping at various stores. I do eat sweets (to maintain). But not everyday like I was doing so I wouldn't drop anymore and that goes down super easy. I don't get it, but I'm not complaining. It's truly truly truly a miracle tool for me.

My worst habit is still grazing. I do it almost subconsiously and catch myself sometimes. Like a moth to a flame.

Another bad habit I still have is actually the lack thereof. I barely am able to drink a 20 oz Powerade Zero in a day. I do drink coffee in the morning and some days I have a juice box but I just am not thirsty.

I eat too fast. I have the small bowls that are 1/2 cup total capacity (liquid) and I only eat out of these so I don't overeat. Sometimes it is hard not to go get more because I still feel hungry.

I suck at exercising. I am consistently inconsistent! I will have weeks where I walk at lunch every day and hit the treadmill at night. Then I have weeks where I do nothing.

I know I probably have many more but these are all I can think of right now.

Shae

Hi, all! I'm 3 months out, and have been lurking for a while. I have a few bad habits that have been eating at me, so thank goodness this thread was started!

- After my Protein shake in the morning, I tend to not eat until later in the night (I might have a snack in between). By then, I'm trying to fit 400 or 500 calories and 20 to 30 grams of Protein into a few hours. It is a bad habit I recognized pre-op, and have not been able to correct. I'll carry a Protein Bar with me during the day, but I don't always eat it.

- I really get down on myself when I fall short on Proteins or calories. I feel like my metabolism will shut down, and that will be the end of my road to weight loss.

- I don't exercise. I really enjoy walking, but for some reason I make excuses to myself. And then I feel guilty.

- The biggest bad habit: I don't weight myself. I'm so scared of the scale that I have convinced myself it's best to not stress myself out over how much I lose. Ignorance is bliss. I know that in order to succeed, I should use the scale as a tool to see what does or does not work for me. Somehow, I need to overcome this.

Has anyone on this forum not weighed themselves?

- The biggest bad habit: I don't weight myself. I'm so scared of the scale that I have convinced myself it's best to not stress myself out over how much I lose. Ignorance is bliss. I know that in order to succeed, I should use the scale as a tool to see what does or does not work for me. Somehow, I need to overcome this.

Wow I am jealous! You havn't even once weighed yourself????

Boy Oh Boy!!! Confession time, I have stopped exercising all together. I don't feel like eating food food, so I live on melted cheese and Peanut Butter. I purposely ignore the scale so I dont have to face the music. I think I have lost my mojo.

Hi, all! I'm 3 months out, and have been lurking for a while. I have a few bad habits that have been eating at me, so thank goodness this thread was started!

Not weighing at all is a rare problem indeed! I think you will be happy with what you find... even if you only weigh once a month... or perhaps measure yourself to get another kind of feedback. Start posting here more, we will support you no matter what number you find on the scale! Some people are super scared that they are eating too much, or if they eat less they will lose faster... I don't know if this is you, but eating is good for you. You need Protein to keep your muscles from shrinking away. Eat for medicine if not for hunger or pleasure.... Its great that you posted, and keep up the good work! Im sure you have lost a bunch of weight so far. You did get your weight at surgery?

Boy Oh Boy!!! Confession time, I have stopped exercising all together. I don't feel like eating food food, so I live on melted cheese and Peanut Butter. I purposely ignore the scale so I dont have to face the music. I think I have lost my mojo.

Like I was telling Puja, eat for medicine if you have too, if not for pleasure. If you put sludge in your tank, your car will run like cr@p, or die! You can do it! I do love melted cheese and Peanut Butter too...... Are you a vegetarian?

Like I was telling Puja, eat for medicine if you have too, if not for pleasure. If you put sludge in your tank, your car will run like cr@p, or die! You can do it! I do love melted cheese and Peanut Butter too...... Are you a vegetarian?

Feedyoureye, I couldn't quite figure out how to quote your reply to me, sorry!

I'm definitely not someone who thinks less intake will equal more loss. I know it's the opposite! I somehow just find it difficult to get in enough! I hate not meeting my calorie and Protein requirement. On days where I start out early and make it a point to eat regularly, I hit my goals. On days where I get caught up in work or stress, I don't hit them. I tend to feel sick or low on energy all day because of it, and then lose my appetite altogether. It's not something I'm happy about, and really need to change! I'm from Orange County, but currently in India. I know that it's easier in California, where more sleeve-friendly options are available. Here, I live primarily on lentils, dairy products, and Protein powder. It's not very exciting!

Thank you very much for your encouragement!

Wow I am jealous! You havn't even once weighed yourself????

No, I haven't! I've been overweight since I was maybe 4 years old, and have been on and off diets since then. My parents always had me try different things, or forced me into sports and stuff. So, I've always had something against diets and the gym (even though I actually enjoy eating healthy and exercising).

So, whenever I would weigh myself and see the scale move down, I'd use it as an excuse to "celebrate" and cheat a tad. When the scale was stationary or moved up, I'd feel guilty and lose faith. So, in the end, it was my worst enemy.

Before I decided to get the surgery, i realized that I had to be honest with myself and my challenges. Initially, I did not want to fall into the same trap with the weighing scale as I did before. I wanted to live happily and healthily, and let the weight come off at its own pace. I've been very happy! For doctor's visits I step onto the weighing scale backwards, so I can't see the number.

Now, 3 months later, I'm wondering if it is a good habit or not. I might be cheating myself.

Puja, I LOVE India! I have spent quite a bit of time there, mostly in Delhi and up in Mcleod Ganj.

I guess lentils, yogurt and milk tea are the go to foods at this point. I think it would be hard. I can understand

your fear based on your past experiences. This is the chance to make a whole new way of thinking and acting, one

practice at a time. Perhaps you could get someone there to make you gluten from wheat flour? It is very Protein rich, and

would be delicious with a spicy sauce and a little whole wheat chapatti!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_gluten_(food)

Feedyoureye, that's amazing! What were you doing here? My parents are from Agra, but I currently live in Bangalore.

I've read that you're a vegetarian, so once I get back to California, I'll definitely be trying out a lot more of the foods that you have been eating!

You're right about learning to use the weighing scale as my friend. I need to get over my fear.

Thank you so much for your response, but I tried Seitan once, and the texture grossed me out!

We do get soy meat here, which I have not tried. I'm not sure what the Protein content is like, but I'll have a look when I find it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textured_vegetable_protein

Bad habits:

I do not exercise.

I drink 2 iced coffees with real Hershey's Syrup (only a tablespoon or so) on a typical day.

I don't eat breakfast--never could handle it. I do eat a few almonds around 10 or so.

I eat WAY too fast.

I don't eat and never have been able to eat the recommended amount of protein; my blood work shows that everything's okay, though, so I'm not worried about it--and I feel good.

Good habits:

I do not eat baked products, flour, Pasta, fried foods, or sweets (other than the chocolate syrup in my coffee); sleeve doesn't tolerate them very well.

I do not eat fatty Protein foods and have almost become a lacto-vegetarian (again, not on purpose--sleeve just doesn't tolerate them well).

I routinely take Vitamins and supplements for the first time in my life.

I stay well hydrated.

I weigh every couple of days to make sure things are still okay.