Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

23 Days Post Gastric Sleeve Surgery, Been Stalled For About 2 Wks Now....ugh

When I first stopped losing weight I was "ok" with it cuz I had been dropping wt fast. It took about a week for me to begin to get frustrated with the stall. Then I read about the 3rd wk stall and I was back feeling ok. I have graduated up to ground meats and cottage cheese so I have been getting twice the Protein I was getting and about 200 more calories/day. I thought that might kick wt loss back into gear. Sadly, no. I read what others have posted about being patient and that with this kind of restriction we can't help but lose. However, my stall has been two weeks and I am really frustrated. I did have some concerns about Constipation but I have found that has cleared but still no wt loss. It is so clear to me how my mind will "talk me down" and get me in a spin about negative thoughts. This is clearly part of the reason I am obese. My crazy mind has been taking me down the negative road that says "you just paid to have a surgery, go through pain, extreme fatigue and all you're gonna get is a 24 pound loss". I have to work hard to stop those thoughts and turn them into positive ones. I am aware that I would like to eat those negative feelings away. I just can't because of the restriction and the restriction reminds me that I will lose weight. Rarely, in my past, was I ever aware that I was looking to eating as a way to numb negative feelings. I knew I did, the evidence was there but I just didn't "see" it when it was happening. Awakening to this is a positive thing. It doesn't change my frustration with the stall but it does give me the hope I need at this time.

You go girl!! You are using your knowledge and tools to help you through this. Have you noticed your clothes getting looser? It will happen and the stall will break as long as you aren't eating junk and you continue to walk and drink! :)

Good luck!! :)

I have noticed that my "non work" clothes are looser. I'm a nurse and wear scrubs everyday and they are tailored to be loose. However, in my jeans and other clothes I have noticed they fit right out of the dryer. Before I would have to put them on at least 2 hours to going in public just to give them time to stretch out. LOL. ohhhh the games we play. I am getting 600-700 calories a day and about 50g Protein. I know my protein should be more but I just have the hardest time getting it all in. Previously I was 400-500 cal/day and 25-30g Protein. I'm happy for the progress. I don't really crave junk. All I crave is Water. Well yesterday I craved cheese cake. My aunt makes the best cheese cake on Thanksgiving and I did have a bite after I ate the stuff that was good for me. I'm able to eat about 4 tablespoons of food at a time. I think that's about the usual volume at this stage of postop. Sometimes I would say my sleeve feels empty but I can't say that I've felt true hunger. This is all good. Thank you for your support!

Yesterday I dropped a pound and again today! Yay, this stall has gone by. But I heard there will likely be more.

I think if u wt yourself too much u get psyched out. I feel like I have list more wt than I have am I think about the same things. I payed so much money an all. I can't let this not work. I feel if I stay on it it has to work. Keep staying in touch w me an I will help u. I'm almost three weeks out.

I totally get you, I did the same thing for about almost two Weeks but it finally started up again after I looked at what I was eating. I had been allowing myself two Lindt truffles each night and realized that when I started that I stopped dropping weight even though it wasn't much in the way of calories but I think the sugar and fat were the culprit. I stopped while also chiding myself on trying to revert to old habits and the pounds started coming off again. Now I'm 34 days out and down the same in pounds but two days ago stalled out again but I think this time its just a natural body recovering period because I have really been careful about what I'm eating. I think when we lose so much weight in a short amount of time its natural for our bodies to take time outs and re normalize. Even though those stalls make us doubt everything we just put ourselves through I think they are a normal thing.