Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap-Band Commercial in Canada

I was watching TV last night and for the first time saw a commercial for Lap-Band. Has anyone else in Canada seen one? About Fricken Time, eh?:canada:

Hi There..

I saw the commercial too..and think it was done very well...

I have been contemplating getting the band done at TLBC. I went for a consultation but Im still not sure. I don't have too much weight to lose, about 40 lbs, but I have been struggling with it for years now, yo-yo'ing back and forth...Nisrine, the pre-op coordinator, was very kind and told me that I don't really need it and to take my time to really consider doing it. I think I may go ahead with it though...To lose and keep off 40 lbs for life is worth the 16 grand!

Take care,

Sandy

Yes, I've seen the commercial for TLBC on TV now for about 9 months or more. I had already been researching at that point!

Sandeee.....the selling factor for me getting the band was being able to finally keep it off. I'm very good at losing it but I've never been able to keep it off.

After years of yo-yo dieting the Dr. told me I was compromising my health just as much, if not more than being overweight. And, the older I get, the more tired I get.....this constant dieting is becoming more and more exhausting........so, I wanted it gone for good once and for all.

I have more to lose than you, approx 100, almost half way there....but I can tell you, outside of marrying my husband, its the best thing I've ever done!

Carol

Thanks for your input Carol,

I'm still so distraught though...sometimes I feel like I wish I never found out about this band as an option. A part of me feels like is it really worth it?...all the posssible complications and the tremendous cost...and then I feel like can I afford not getting it, living a life consumed by weight and the inability to lose it and keep it off for good....

Feeling hopeless and confused...

Sandy

Sandee, I heard this saying once, and it works for everything. "If you keep doing what your doing, you'll keep getting what your getting". It's a good phrase to work with. I'm not trying to tell you to do anything. Only you know weather you've exhausted all means. This is your personal journey, Dig Deep. food for thought:hungry: ,:rolleyes: .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches