Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which shakes have the most protein?

I've seen the list rating the taste of the Protein Shakes but wondering which ones have the most Protein? I'm 4 wks since sleeve and been at a stall for almost the last 2 weeks. Everyone says I need more protein. Would welcome any suggestions.

I usually do Premier Protein shake it has 30gm, are there any shakes that have more protein and are still able to drink?

I'm not sure which one offers the MOST, but the doctors office gave me a list of recommended Protein Shakes so I'm pretty sure they have the mandatory amount of Protein in them. The list is: Bartiatric Advantage, Bartiatric fusion, Unjury, and GNC 100% whey. I believe the first 3 you can only get online (I could be wrong) and of course, the last, at a GNC store. Good luck!

If you really want to hit the high Protein, go with Isopure. It isn't a "shake" as it is a clear, flavored liquid. It has 40 grams of Protein in 20 oz. I couldn't handle it for some reason, but I seem to be sensitive to a lot of the whey protein products out there.

Good luck!

My daily requirement is a minimum of 71 grams of Protein (80 ounces of fluids too). As long as you reach your surgeons goal of protein AND fluids, stick with Premier or mix it up. I definitely mix it up. Right now my favorite is GNC Pro performance whey isolate in vanilla. (I am lactose intolerant so I must use ISOLATE). I prepare it with milk and that increases it to 36 grams. Also consider logging your intake in "myfitnesspal.com" . It's really great.

I just read that your body can't really absorb more than 25-30grams of Protein per time. So wanting one higher is not a good idea.

I just read that your body can't really absorb more than 25-30grams of Protein per time. So wanting one higher is not a good idea.

I've heard this too, however don't forget that we can't drink the shakes as fast as most people can. If we could chug a shake that had 60 grams of Protein, maybe then it wouldn't get absorbed. But with the way we drink it over a length of time I would think this wouldn't really have an influence. It would be no different than waiting a couple hours before having a second shake or a meal for a regular person.