Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Normal!!!!

Yahoo! About two weeks before my six month surgiversary I am NORMAL! I've gone from morbidly obese (254 at start of pre-op diet on Feb. 15) to merely obese (Was 222 on day of surgery and down to 216 two weeks after surgery), to merely overweight (185 at about 2.5 months out) to today: 51/2 months and I'm NORMAL!

I am so stoked! Just one pound more and I'm in the Century Club. And only 20 lbs. to goal, which will put me at a BMI of 21.8., squarely in the middle of the normal range and will let me bounce up and down 5 lbs. and not be too thin or too fat for my taste.

I can feel such a difference in my health and energy levels! I am off all blood pressure and cholesterol meds. I no longer snore (per hubby :-). My knees, feet, and ankles rarely bother me. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that my gait has changed. There is more spring in my step with nearly 100 lbs. gone. Instead of plodding, I bounce a bit as I walk now. And my sinuses don't stuff up as much. I think the extra weight on my face pressed against them.

As for the difference in my looks, people don't recognize me. My Mom had a hard time finding me in a store because she was looking for the bigger me. People react differently to me because I am thinner (rant on this later!). I enjoy squeezing in for a tight hug from hubby, trying on clothes, sitting in chairs with arms, tying my shoes, taking a bath in my newly roomy tub, and keeping up in exercise classes instead of paying a personal trainer. At the beginning of my journey, I wore size 22 jeans and a 3 X shirt. I now wear size 8 or 10 jeans and a small or medium top.

My mind is still catching up with the new me. Although I often see the same me in the mirror, I know the change is astounding. When I write my weight, I have a tendency to forget I'm in the 150s. I still think of myself at 180 or 170. And my clothes look too tiny to fit me.

I can eat small amounts of any food I have tried, except milk, cottage cheese, and ice cream. I'm still afraid to see if I can tolerate milk now almost six months out, but I think I will try soon.

I am tracking my calories, Protein and fluids every day and taking all supplements recommended for my plan. I get at least 60 grams of protein, 64 oz. of Fluid per day and average between 700 and 900 calories per day.

Greasy and overly sweet foods upset my tummy if I eat more than a few bites of them, so I generally only have a couple of bites of them when I eat them. For example, on Halloween, I had about a cup of popcorn popped in oil (no added butter), two and half fun-size candies, and a hotdog with chili, no bun. That was over the course of the evening and probably the biggest splurge I have had since the surgery. I didn't feel good later that evening and still felt a little off the next morning.

I returned to having coffee after my three month checkup. But post-op I have a soy latte with two shots of espresso instead of my pre-op fav of a couple cups of french press or two shot of espresso straight up. I haven't started drinking alcohol again, but I plan to following my six month checkup. I plan to start with port.

I am exercising 5-6 days per week. Two 45 minute walks at a fast pace, two 1-hour group workout classes, one 30 minute session with my trainer, and one other activity, such as a bike ride, walk, or yoga class.

I do have days were I want to eat only bad stuff and I don't want to exercise. For the most part, I power through, but sometimes I don't. It's a journey and a struggle. I'm still terrified I won't be successful long term so I search out stories of people who have successfully kept the weight off for more than two years. They are out there!

Thanks to all who have shared your journey for inspiring me to begin and continue the best thing I have ever done for my health and my looks.

Edited: is my face red! I thought I was going to hit normal BMI at 155.5, but I now see when updating my ticker, I'm still overweight till I get to 154. So this post is 1 lbs. early. I will join the Century Club and hit normal BMI at the same time. The thoughts and sentiments are the same, just a little early. Oops!!

Lynda

Edited by lsereno

Al I can say is ....AWESOME!!! So happy for you and your new life!

Living the dream,

Laura

Really great post! Thanks for sharing that! It's extremely encouraging to read how successful you have been!

Lynda!!! What an awesome post! Congratulations on all these great accomplishments. Your words "read" so happy, I can feel your joy as I read your words. I've read your posts early on when I first came on this board. You are just a bit ahead of me time wise. You always inspire me and this post is no exception! Enjoy the rewards of all this great effort. It is so well deserved!!!! Cheers to you!

Lynda,

I can't even express how happy I am for you. Well, OK, I can and will LOL. But words just don't do it justice. You have accomplished an astronimical acheivement and you must feel so good about it. I know the doubts and fears hit us like a brick wall sometimes, but to be honest, I have no doubt that you will succeed in the long term. Keep inspiring yourself by searching out the success stories and now you need to add yourself to the list and as always, others will be inspired by you.

The Century Club and Normal BMI, at the same time, hot damn, your hubby needs to go out and buy you something bright and shiny to commemorate the occasion. Just my opinion!

My highest weight recorded was 280lbs (I wouldn't get on a scale after that for a long time, but I know I was heavier than that) and now I am 170lbs. It felt amazing to reach that 100lbs lost and now I'm at 110lbs lost from my highest, holy freaking cow! I don't think I can ever be a normal BMI LOL, well according to my doc, my goal is 155 because of my bone structure. 149.5lbs is the top of the normal range for me, so I might just go there just because ;) whats 5 1/2 lbs amongst friends, right.

Anyway, congratulations on a job well done.

Congratulations girl, great job! I second what Raine said about getting something shiny :0) wouldn't that be nice!

I'm looking for a cruise. I have 18 months to get ready (15th Annie.).

OMG... what an achievement... i am sooo pleased for you!

You really have done yourself very proud indeed. Congrats on that BMI... it still feels like a dream to me. What DOES it feel like. And 100lb lost, that is bloody amazing!

Congrats again! =]

AYAYYYYYYY LINDA!!!!! HUGE CONGRATS LADY!!!! You did FAN FREAKIN TASTIC!!!

I admired your control over these last months into your goal and you always kept your head. You are a TRUE inspiration here. BIG BIG HUGS AND DANCING BANANAS!!!!

:party4: :bananajump: :bananalama: :Banane01: :bananapowerslide: :Banane21: :woot:

Thanks to all for your kind words. Goal, here I come!

YAYYY YOU DID IT! I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I do the exact same thing...My mind is still catching up with the new me as well. I still forget I'm in the 40's LOL, it's so weird.

You're an inspiration :). You got to a normal BMI in just 5.5 months! Damn girl!!

Congrats! You'll make it to goal, no doubt.

Awesome!!! You are such an inspiration!!!