Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Macaron / St. Mary's Hospital / Waterbury CT anyone else?!?

Looking to create a support system - locally as well as on this amazing forum that educates and inspires me everyday! I am in the beginning of my journey - and so excited for the future!

I am also in CT but my surgeon was Tim Ehrlich in Shelton. He works out of Griffin Hospital.

There is a plethora of information here if you look around. Everyone is always willing to help and answer questions. I started a group for the Connecticut Sleevers just today so you are welcome to join, not much in there yet.

Hi folks,

I'm going to be sleeved, please God, on 11/7 by dr. Andrew Duffy of Yale New Haven Hospital. I'm in the hartford area but opted for this group.

What are your dates?

I was sleeved back on May 3rd, 2011

Were u pleased and are you happy with your choice now? That's most important

oh absolutely, would do it again in a heartbeat. wish I could have done it sooner. I have lost 98lbs so far, still have a ways to go yet. It was rough the weeks and first two months after surgery. I did have a micro leak at 6 weeks out, it fixed itself but i was in the hospital for 3 days on antibiotics., nothing that my surgeon could have prevented at all, it was quite a surprise so my situation is definitely not the norm.

I no longer use my CPAP machine, my feet don't hurt, I can wear all of my shoes. I fit more comfortably in most places. I no longer need to ask for a table at a restaurant, I can once again sit in booths. I always have doggie bags to take home with me.

I can't wait to get to the smaller sizes in clothing and possibly not need plus sizes any more. The band size for my bra has dropped 8 inches already. Roller coasters and horseback riding are a bit further out, still to heavy for that yet. Something I am looking forward to along with riding comfortably in a plane.

I can literally eat almost anything. Some stuff doesn't always agree with me, I can't eat a lot of bread or bready items, not that I should be eating that anyway. I have never been a spicy food person but I seem more sensitive to it now. It is definitely a huge lifestyle change and will take some getting used to.

Again, these boards have given me tons of knowledge so I always had good questions or brought knowledge i learned here to my Dr's appointments. I have been researching since 2007. I had originally planned a LapBand back then, same surgeon but chickened out the week before. I am glad I did because I have heard such sad stories here about people and their bands. I am glad I waited until the sleeve was available and covered by my insurance.

Stacey Nicole,

You definetly have the right mind set by preparing yourself for support. I am sending you good thought and prayers of no discomfort in your next coming weeks. I will be watching for your progress so let us know ok.:D

Looking to create a support system - locally as well as on this amazing forum that educates and inspires me everyday! I am in the beginning of my journey - and so excited for the future!

Chickadee

You lost almost 100# since May???? Holy cow, woman! Stick a feather in your hair and do a happy dance! Wow! Bowing in awe! What an accomplshment. I hope I have similar losing luck. Wow.

Ande thanks for the words of encouragement. You got NO IDEA how much it means

Thank you =). It is actually since the beginning of March when I started doing some pre-op stuff at the Dr's request. On the day of surgery I was 363 so I have lost 70 something since May. I had a lot to lose and have been stuck over a month now in a stall. Still have about 140 to go. not quite halfway there yet. Don't get me wrong I am VERY happy to have lost all I have so far but compared to most I have a lot more to lose.

Been reading the board like a religion and it seems everybody stalls somewhere and then losing starts again. Noone reports HOW that happens. I've lost a few lbs since july when I started looking for this surgery. I was 320 and now 311 but the last 6 lbs fell off these past 2 weeks. Been fooling with the south b*tch diet and a few proteon shakes but still basically eating as usual. Shrug. Mayb e its the exercise? Who wants to give in and adm8it that?????

Suspect it'll happen for you, too just you haved to go thru the agony like everyone else, I guess! :)

Its a big cosmic joke