Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 CC band- How many CCs to get restriction?

What fill do you need for restriction in a 10cc band?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What fill do you need for restriction in a 10cc band?

• no fill
    • 1 cc or less
    • 2 cc or less
    • 3 cc or less
    • 4 cc or less
    • 5 cc or less
    • 6 cc or less
    • 7 cc or less
    • More than 7 cc

:unsure::mad2::smile2: I had my surgery on 4/9/09 and have not lost a lb. Actually gained back my preop diet weight loss. I had 2 fills for a total of 4.5cc and still no restriction!! I go for another fill in 2 weeks and i really hope this does it. I am so embarrassed in front of my friends and family. I feel like a failure again. Can anybody relate????

This next fill should really help, but it would be good to keep track of your exercise and calorie intake. You have been in bandster hell about which I know plenty. I gained 12 pounds during my original hell period 10/08-01/09 and due to a total unfill last Friday am back empty and in Bandster hell all over again. I am so afraid of gaining again I increased my treadmill time and write down everything I put in my mouth to keep the cals below 1200.

Best wishes.

Mimi

I understand where your coming from. I don't have as much to lose as others, but I'm struggling bad. I was banded June 25, 2009 and lost ten pounds and gained it all back. I've had two fills and I am currently at 7ccs in a 10cc band. My second fill was on sept 17 and Im going back for another fill this up coming thurs bc I have no restriction.

you can do this!at first you have to stop yourself when you get full.i was banded 7-15-09 and have lost 18 pounds with my 3rd fill being today.i still do not have alot of restriction but my doc says you dont want to get filled too fast,because you want to be able to keep the band a long time.you have got to stop yourself and when you start seeing results it will be much easier

congratulations

I was banded July 10 . My first fill was 4ccs the second fill she added 1cc. I didnt feel hardly any restriction. This third fill I got 1cc more and that did it. I love being at this point. It just depends on your body.

I was banded in May and last week I finally hit my sweet spot at 3.5 cc after moving up in tiny increments. The doctors that five 4 cc right off the bat... that baffles me! The largest I've ever gotten was 1.5cc.

Edited by Erin Marie

so when he did your fill, did you drink a little Water or a lot. I've had 2 fills but dont feel restriction at all. I dont go back to the dr for another 7 weeks but want more restriction.

:rolleyes::mad2::rolleyes: I had my surgery on 4/9/09 and have not lost a lb. Actually gained back my preop diet weight loss. I had 2 fills for a total of 4.5cc and still no restriction!! I go for another fill in 2 weeks and i really hope this does it. I am so embarrassed in front of my friends and family. I feel like a failure again. Can anybody relate????

Mimi:

First of all you are not a failure, infront of anyone, as for your friends and family inform them how it works, that this is not a overnight success and it takes time, show them the pics of different women and men here who have lots tons of weights and it was no over nite! As for gaining, it happens and you are not alone, until you find your sweet spot you will fluctuate and that is ok! Concentrate on what you want and how you feel! This is about you not your friends or family if they so much tell you anything negative then they were never supporting you from the beginning!

You are not alone we are all behind you,we have all been where you are and we have and will have our success and failures and that is fine because this is a learning experience and a tool to facilitate our weight loss goal!

Take Care

Sandee

i have a 10 cc its been almost a year and i hardly feel restrition.. i've lost only 30 lbs in a year.. this is sooo depressing me.. going to dr. next week and see what he says.. He will probably be mad at me for not losing but what am i to do? I feel like such a failure!

kat

Yeah, I know how you all feel, even though I'm newly banded, I lost some weight however, I feel like I'm doing this all on my own, I have not felt any restriction, and I had only one fill so far. I also have friends and family suggesting to me that I should have had gastric bypass instead, because you lose the weight faster. Its frustrating I know, but hang in there you guys, it will work, just gotta be patient and have faith, cause I'm not giving up, I know its going to take time. Good luck everyone, and dont give up!

if you were banded in the US and a woman starting under 300lb you most likely have a 10cm/4cc band. especially if 1.5cc is giving you incredible restriction. i have a 9.75cm band and it took 3.4 to give me good restriction, if that helps you at all.

Most Usa DRs. from what i was told now use the new system , which is the standard 10 cc or Large 14 cc lapband system. Id be a bit perturbed if my Dr placed a obsolete band in me.

I have a standard 10cc band and eat a 1/2 cup at a time and get the one hiccup full sign. I sort of have restriction . All bands come with a small amount of liquid in them (Dr told me ) at post op. I was also informed that there are people that get a band and have restriction from the start. I think ill only need a small fill to be there....we shall see:wink: