Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other London bansters out there?

Hi

I live in West London, I had my band fitted in February 2006 so far I have lost 54 lbs and I have 16 more to get to goal - I am delighted with the band - but reading this I am surprised at how few people from England have found this website

Hi Cozzie

I think you'll find most UK bandsters are on wlsinfo.org.uk as its a UK based website and forum

Hi Delly

I have been to that site but you have to pay and as I only have my work computer it makes it diffucult to use it - I have just tried now and it won't even let me do anything

hi everybody,

i'm not in england, but i'm just across the channel...in france! i didn't see anybody else from france, so i posted in this one. :xena_banana: i'm also hoping to make it to london sometime in 2007.

my surgery is scheduled for dec 28th...i'm having the pre-op anxiety, not knowing what to expect! any advice? starting 1 week prior, i'm eating nothing but non-fat yogurt.

Hi carebear

I live in central London and have just recently joined this Forum,,, I'm having my band fitted on the 15th January in Belgium as it seemed to be the best price... Although the sugeon doesn't recommend any pre-op diet I am thinking of doing something for a couple of weeks beforhand - I'm sure my liver could do with it!

Whereabouts are you having the op? And whereabouts in France do you live?

Best wishes

Di :-)

Hi Di !

I'm getting banded in the city where I live, over an hour east of Paris.

The surgeon I'm dealing with is the only one who does this in my city. I've been on his waiting list for a long time, but I think it will be worth the wait.

Wow! So you're travelling to Belgium for your surgery? I hope you have someone to go with you! If not, I'm not too far... :)

Do you speak French? Or does your surgery team speak English? I know sometimes it's a challenge for me trying to communicate & to even understand the doctors in a foreign language!

I think a pre-op eating plan is probably a good idea, who knows? Just feeling as healthy as possible prior to surgery can't be a bad idea, right? I agree...our livers could use all the help they can get. :)

Do keep in touch & best wishes for your banding!

Does anyone know if their drs will see patients who were banded elsewhere? I will be coming to Paris and Italy in May and would like to have a flouro to see if my band is okay. There are no drs here and I am unable to find one in South Africa who understands the band. Thanks for any assistance. Celeste

Hi Guys,

Im in central London.

I am being banded next week by Mr Rogers at The Princess Grace Hospital. Has anyone been banded by him?

I have full confidence in him but am a little nervous about the whole thing.

x

Hi everyone :biggrin1:

Nice to hear from you all, good lucky to all you beginers, its well worth it. :biggrin1:

Best descison i ever made even though i stuck at the moment. :)

LANA

Hello Chaps,

Im also in London - although did mine in France as it was the best option economically and the care was excellent!

Just a bit lonely a journey afterwards as I dont know anyone with the band. Upside I am getting a bit thinner finally but its so SLOW. I dont know how to accelerate things a little even!

Hope you are all well!

Hi all, i'm a London Bandster (banded last Wednesday 21/02/2007).

I mainly use the UK based site WLSINFO but am glad i have come accross this site. I am hoping to make contact with Bandsters in the USA. I used to travel the the US alot as a kid and am making a return trip to NYC this Sept and plan to start visiting regularly again so would love to make contacts and friends out there.

hello,my name is Tracy,

I was banded in belgium in April 06 by dr C DeBrynne

am now 12 stone, have lost about 2/3 stone - it varys depending how good I am!

very little restriction - even though I have 8.75mil in a 9mil cousin band

nice to hear from you all

Tracy x x

Hi tracy,

You wrote that you have lost about 2/3stone. Do you mean you have lose 2/3stone (which is equivalent to 10pounds) or do you meant you have lose 2 - 3 stones (which is 28 - 42lbs)???

I ask because at a fill of near maximum (so is mine) and u said that you have 'very little restriction', and only losing 10pounds (if it is 2/3stone and not 2 - 3 stones), you might want to consider speaking to your doc or radiologist about it???

I was fitted with a 7ml band in Belgium last Sept06. A few weeks ago I have been filled to near max. i.e. I have 6.8ml in my 7ml band and I can hardly eat. I started out at 14stones and have lose 1 1/2stone in total (21pounds) and I am now 12 1/2stones. I know I can lose more if I stop eating my sweet deserts and start going back to the gym. The reason my weight is at a stand still the last 3 weeks is because I made up for not being able to eat by eating sweet deserts which I plan to stop. I know once I stop eating the wrong type of food (ie deserts) my weight will go down again. Also as I suffer from an underactive thyroid, which means my metabolism is near non-existence, losing even 1pound is a cause for celebration for me.

If at near max you feel very little restriction, you really want to seriously speak to your radiologist or doctor.

thanks for the reply,

i am 5'7'' tall

i started out at 15 stone (and a bit after so many last suppers)

i'm now 12 and a half stone, however - i do keep hitting nearly 13 stone

i had got down to 12.4 a while ago but put it on again,

holidays and loss of restriction meant a bit of a binge, and i know i should use willpower - but.....

oh i am a bit of a stress head thou, i read about things like band erosion, or slippage, and think i've got that -

my latest thing was thinking i had port disconnection due to the lack of restriction - but at my last fill he withdrew Fluid so said its not that

my one year check is soon - so am booked in for an x-ray

hopefully all is well

but i sometimes am sick and a few times will pb, so worry that i have damaged it

i would hate to have hurt my band, as it is without doubt thew best thing i have ever done

speak soon, tracy x x