Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People robbed at the recovery...

I just read the post "attention Almanza patients"

This is freigtening...it has been confirmed through a coordinator! I had my heart and my surgery date..but how can I go peacefully...even if they are saying they have taken care of the problem! One thing I am not is a basher...i did the research for myself and was elated go through with my decision...I RESPECT everybodys opinion! I have heard about leaks..infection...and other aspects of the surgery from all drs. But robbery!!!!!! This again has been confirmed by a coordinator...and that is enough for me....There are some whose only option is Dr. Almanza..be safe and stay prayerful..I wish you a great safe success..and I pray all goes well.....again we have to do what is best for us...and that is what I am going to do...

I'm still going. I know it's frightening but I'm just not going to bring much with me. No cash or valuables. Which sucks because my engagement ring never comes off but I guess I have no choice.

Be safe......your trip will be great...I believe they have taken all necessary precautions because its too much on the line...

Dr. Amanza works out of a 'clinic' (not a hospital) in a strip mall in Tijuana, Mexico. He is the cheapest around because he uses 2nd rate staples, medical practices, medical assistants and recovery facilities. If you absolutely need to go there... then you have to go, but realize the risks there are far greater there than with a more reputable doctor at a real hospital. If you want a recent example check out: http://www.google.co...Gr8n-1A&cad=rja

I just read the post "attention Almanza patients"

This is freigtening...it has been confirmed through a coordinator! I had my heart and my surgery date..but how can I go peacefully...even if they are saying they have taken care of the problem! One thing I am not is a basher...i did the research for myself and was elated go through with my decision...I RESPECT everybodys opinion! I have heard about leaks..infection...and other aspects of the surgery from all drs. But robbery!!!!!! This again has been confirmed by a coordinator...and that is enough for me....There are some whose only option is Dr. Almanza..be safe and stay prayerful..I wish you a great safe success..and I pray all goes well.....again we have to do what is best for us...and that is what I am going to do...

Dr. Amanza works out of a 'clinic' (not a hospital) in a strip mall in Tijuana, Mexico. He is the cheapest around because he uses 2nd rate staples, medical practices, medical assistants and recovery facilities. If you absolutely need to go there... then you have to go, but realize the risks there are far greater there than with a more reputable doctor at a real hospital. If you want a recent example check out: http://www.google.co...Gr8n-1A&cad=rja

All doctors have complications and they abound in the USA too. I don't know where you get your facts "second rate staples, medical practices, medical assistants" because in my experience as both a Nurse Practitioner and an Almanza patient that is not true. I had an excellent experience there as did multiple friends and people I met there. The staff in the surgery center were RNs and very well informed. I verified every drug, had multiple conversations with the OR staff, the aneshesiolgist, Dr Almanza and the recovery staff. I had my own sleeve in July and then returned last week with a friend. Yes, there are risks - but get the facts before you make accusations.

Did you ask for the brand name of the staples that he used? Do they have serial numbers? Did you get a real, written, individual doctor's description of your operation or a form that is pretty much the same for everyone? The horror stories about that clinic, and they're many, come because of the infections and complications resulting from surgery there. Ninety-six out of a hundred of your friends probably have a great and inexpensive surgery there, but that would still be eight times the complication rate of any reputable facility. For just half the price any poker player would say that that is a bad bet.

All doctors have complications and they abound in the USA too. I don't know where you get your facts "second rate staples, medical practices, medical assistants" because in my experience as both a Nurse Practitioner and an Almanza patient that is not true. I had an excellent experience there as did multiple friends and people I met there. The staff in the surgery center were RNs and very well informed. I verified every drug, had multiple conversations with the OR staff, the aneshesiolgist, Dr Almanza and the recovery staff. I had my own sleeve in July and then returned last week with a friend. Yes, there are risks - but get the facts before you make accusations.

Yup, he's right. Being on these boards about 18 months any vet will tell you he has a pretty high complication rate.