Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wisdom Tooth? Now?????

Ughhhhh, here I am saving up the last bit of money for my VSG next month, and I get a toothache in the back on my mouth. My gums on that side are red and inflammed. So, I touch way back there and it feels like under my gum is a "point". And if it is the point of a wisdom tooth, it is coming in sideways angry.gif. So I'm popping advil and painting my mouth with orajel in hopes of it not being a wisdom tooth. How much does it cost to get one cut out anyway? I had one cut out a few years ago, but I had dental insurance then and also used general anesthesia. Definitely won't be spending the extra money for that now. I'm 29, I thought I was past the age of wisdom teeth. Grrrrr, this could not be happening at a worse time.

I had mine out when I was 30. I made them knock me out too. NO FUN. Mine were impacted and BAD!!

You don't want it to get infected, then you will have BIGGER problems!!

Just get it taken care of you will feel so much better!

Kelly

Yeah you need to get it taken care of. It will be really bad if you let it get infected. An infection in any part of your body can mess with your surgery. Who knows? Maybe they will say it just has to break through?

Yeah, I guess you're right. It would be my luck to drive the 250 miles to my surgeon just to be turned away due to an infected tooth! Hopefully, it won't cost too much. The bad thing is, our A/C died today too. And it was only 101 degrees down here today, and still 90 degrees in our house tonight blink.gif. Ughhh, when it rains, it pours! Guess I will have to push my surgery back a couple of weeks due to this week's luck.

omg this happened to me!!!!!!!! i just went on and got a fill on one tooth and he gave me antibiotics so that i can wait until after my VSG to have the wissoms out!

I had mine out about 3 years ago...I only did local anesthetic...I'm not a fan of being knocked out unless necessary lol

Try one of your local universities...they do the work for cheap because it's the students but they are being watched so you know you get good work...I had a root canal done for 200

They also will pay you and give you free work if you are their patient for finals week

I had all four of mine out in 2009. They weren't bothering me but the dentist suggested I do it early on. I actually went to the hospital to have it done and I was knocked out. Not quite sure of the cost because it was military doctors, but they assured me it would be expensive which was one of the reasons I did it while it was free.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches