Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It just erased everything I wrote... Here we go again. Stupid Iv getting in the way. I had heartburn yesterday, all day. The staff thought I was getting in too much liquid, if you can even do that. I cut way back on it but it didnt help much. It was not unbearable just came in little waves but passed quickly too. It was tolerable. I got a shower last night and all my bandages off. That felt good. I get my staples out today and they will put some glue on to hold it. The dr. has not been in yet this morning. Last night I got off the morphine pump and took some liquid lortab. It wasnt that bad. I got it down along with nausea meds and toridal in my drip. I slept like a rock! I didnt even get up to Pee! TMI THIS PART----I noticed some itching in the lower regions so I ask if I could have diflucan for a possible yeast infection. they cut it into three littlel peices and I was able to take it, no problem. I breathe with my spirometer but it cranks up the heartburn. I need clear lungs though so I use it as much as i can remember to. I hope all you guys are having a good experience too. I am plannning on listening to my body today instead of the nurse. If I need to sip, I am going to sip! It doesnt really help the heartburn that much anyway. I was not oversipping after all so today... I am planing to sip! I feel pretty dang good for just having this surgery. No nausea or vomiting. A little heartburn and thats about it.

Good luck to all of you who are just starting this journey. I hope you have a good experience too! I am going home today! I will post again to tell how its going there. I am open for questions, should anyone want to ask me. Thanks Tammi

Tammi,

Glad to hear you are doing well. I had a horrible first day post op. Pain and nausea got a little better yesterday so I was able to come home. I've been walking and sipping but my recovery seems to be going really SLOWLY. On the pain scale I'm at about a 6 with meds. Where are you on that scale?

Hey lady! I am so glad you are up and at 'em! I'm on a 3 day countdown to sleevery. It's so close but so far. Oh and about your TMI...any time I get antibiotics, I get all "bakery". I completely forgot, but I will have to tell my medical team about it so I can have something. Keep the posts coming. I have two weeks left of my classes online so as long as I am able, I will be online next week!

Im day 4 post op. Yesterday I felt very blah. I was barely getting around and I had a bad headache and cramps from getting my Period!!!! Ughhh.. what timing. I just didnt feel well all day. I think it was because I took some phergan and a little lortab and it made me feel like I had been run over by a truck. I have some gas pain but its short and I usually pass it pretty quickly after the pain. I am taking my nexium type meds and I havent had any nausea really. Last night I decided to just take a tylenol easy tab for the headache and cramping. It helped and I slept really well! I didnt take the phenergan or lortab. I got up feeling a little under the weather but much better than yesterday. I have walked twice today for about 5 laps down my street and back. I feel better but only about 50% myself today. I am hoping for 75% tomorrow. I am having trouble finding broth that I like so I will be surfing the net today to find some choices! I hope you feel better today than yesterday! I had to do the deep breathing a lot yesterday because my chest felt tight. I had been coughing some and I thought I might be having trouble with my lungs. Today is MUCH better though! Yay.. no pneumonia! Good luck to all of you. Debbie, hang in there! I am praying it will get better for you! Tammi

Hi guys! I have day 5 today I guess - ended yesterday with 100 calories - seems pretty bad! I really liked the broth in the hospital, it said vegetable consomme when they brought the ticket. Looked that up - sounds like alot of work. I had a can of Progresso french onion in the cabinet so I have made that and strained it. The sugar free popsicles go down well. I would love a nap but then afraid I won't get my fluids in. Got up for a couple hours around 1am with my husband and got 8 oz in then so felt a little ahead so far. Really need to try some Protein again today, had maybe 3 grams yesterday and maybe 10 the day before, a few on Tuesday. It just sits so heavy. I am just on the Tylenol liquid, Lortab was just too nasty sweet for me. No real pain, just tender from the surgery sites. Went to my sis in laws today because she was having a garage sale, got my walk up and down her lane. Now ready for that nap I mentioned :huh: No real hunger thank God! Supposed to go to a small private wedding tomorrow - not sure I will have anything to fit my big bloated belly :o