Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! i was sleeved Feb. 28th, and my Hair loss is making me stress! i have so little hair now! the thickness of maybe 4 pencils put together....i used to have tons and would get it thinned out...omg! now i wish i had that hair! im now taking Biotin but don't know how long it takes to work...anyone else has this same problem? and do you take Biotin too? :o

Hello everyone! i was sleeved Feb. 28th, and my hair loss is making me stress! i have so little hair now! the thickness of maybe 4 pencils put together....i used to have tons and would get it thinned out...omg! now i wish i had that hair! im now taking Biotin but don't know how long it takes to work...anyone else has this same problem? and do you take Biotin too? :o

You can also use silica supplements along with the biotin. My mother takes at least two a day of each one of them. Also anything that has zinc in it promotes Hair growth. Red Ken is a hair product sold in beauty shops. I had a period many years ago where I lost a great deal of hair following an illness. I started using the Shampoo and the treatments which are geared toward stimulating your scalp to regrow the hair. Whether it would have stopped on its own, or whether the product did it, either way, it worked for me.

My beautician says y ou do not have to lose your hair if you plan ahead with supplements and treatments!!!

Hope this helps!

I just bought Minoxidil for women today (if you get the brand name it is Rogaine). I had extreme anemia a few years ago and my hair got extremely thin. I think at the very least the Minoxidil arrested the Hair loss. I read in one of my wls books that the dieting puts your Hair growth in the dormant cycle and Minoxidil takes it out of that cycle. But I admit it is costly, you have to put it on twice a day---everyday--for months before even noticing the slightest amount of change. That's why I'm starting now even though I'm only 6 weeks into this. My hair is still a bit thin and I can't afford to lose any more. Ugh!!

Hello everyone! i was sleeved Feb. 28th, and my hair loss is making me stress! i have so little hair now! the thickness of maybe 4 pencils put together....i used to have tons and would get it thinned out...omg! now i wish i had that hair! im now taking Biotin but don't know how long it takes to work...anyone else has this same problem? and do you take Biotin too? :o

Hi was talking to a co-worker yesterday about thinning hair. She said her daughter had severely thinning hair after some medication she needed to take. Her daughter bought a biotin hair shapoo at Amazon .com and said it helped.

Her hair dresser told her whatever she's doing to keep it up. I am going to research this and see if I can find out how to buy some. The co-worker said she thought it was $20 for a large bottle. I hope this helps you! I would start taking the max dose of biotin and maybe the Shampoo. I have been talking 5000 mg of biotin since my surgery on Feb 14, 2011 and I think this has helped. I am still losing some hair mind you but not handfulls so far at least.

I have very thin very fine hair always have so losing it after surgery was a big fear of mine. I take Biotin which I started before surgery and still drink one Protein Shake a day to make sure I get enough. I have been using Nioxin Shampoo and conditioner system 4 "for visibly thinning colored hair" and it seems to have made a difference.

This scaqres me because I already have thinning hair due to my medication for gout. If my hair also falls out due to weight loss I could imagine I will be bald. I am already using the generic form of rogaine at Walmart it is only $8 for a month supply, but I will check out these other products. Thanks for all the wonderful advice even though I didn't post this lol ;)

This terrifies me because I have pcos/insulin resistance and my hair is all but gone. I have to wear a hairpiece. My surgery is today, and I'm scared to death that I won't even have enough to clip my hairpiece to. Mine is the thickness of ONCE pencil. :(

when did it begin thinning out? I'm 12 weeks out and have noticed no difference but I do get everything in that I'm supposed to. I'll pick back up on the Biotin after reading this post! good luck to you!

Hello everyone! i was sleeved Feb. 28th, and my Hair loss is making me stress! i have so little hair now! the thickness of maybe 4 pencils put together....i used to have tons and would get it thinned out...omg! now i wish i had that hair! im now taking Biotin but don't know how long it takes to work...anyone else has this same problem? and do you take Biotin too? :o

Hi, sorry this is happening to you. My surgery was Dec 29, 2009 and my hair started falling out March 2010 and has not stopped. My braid is the thickness of my pinkie. . .I tried EVERYTHING available (biotin, Protein increase, Vitamins, shampoos, etc) and nothing helped. . . oh well at least i don't have bald spots, only thinning. . . ugh the sacrifices just for thinness and then there is the possibility you could gain weight after a few years??? Ugh . . . sorry I'm a doom sayer this morning, haven't had coffee yet! :)

I have read articles about Hair growth and it states that the hair grows in 3 months cycle. This is only temporary and you will get hair back as soon as the hair goes back into growth cycle which should be about 3 months. I wonder if you start Biotin before surgery that would help??? I am still in pre-op dieting. Thanks for the heads up...good luck

Reading and what really happens are two totally different things. . . sure wish my hair would have read the book! Funny, you may say this about reading and what should happen, brings back memories of my sister who claimed she "read the book and now knew how to swim" . . . needless to say when she jumped in, she needed total assistance to prevent her from drowning! :)

I am so sorry to hear about your hair loss. I haven't had that problem, but I can't imagine how upset I would be be if my hair thinned out. Besides the treatments, have you thought about cutting your hair short? It will help the appearance of your hair - make it look thicker. I cut my hair about 8 weeks after surgery because I was too exhausted to deal with it and I am extremely happy with the result.

By all accounts, the Hair loss is temporary, although that may be of little comfort to you today. I hope you see some regrowth very soon.

Take care---

I was sleeved the week before you & I feel your pain with the Hair loss. Mine started right around 3 months out and still continues. I do feel like I'm not losing as much each day, but it is still a lot more than I normally would. I am taking Biotin every day & using the Nioxin Shampoo (you can buy it from ULTA, I believe). I'm hoping people are right about the 3 month cycle & that in a another month or so I will start to see some regrowth. I told myself before surgery that I was okay with losing some hair, but when it really starts happening, it is TRAUMATIC! I just tell myself, that if nothing else, I am going to be one damn hot bald woman. :)

I Had My VSG Feb 29th,2011 doing well have lost 58Lbs I started at 324Lbs! within the last couple of weeks i have noticed me shedding my hair! i feel like a sheep dog! it has me very concerned, i take in approx 60mg protien plus my Multivitamin, what the heck is going on? is it the stress of my body changing, lack of a Vitamin or mineral. I never had this issue prior to surgery any feed back would be helpful.

~~~~Thanks