Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Surgery is scheduled for July 13th...

Hello,

The date is rapidly approaching and I am an emotional wreck. Am I making the right decision?

I don't know if you're making the right decision. I can tell you that the surgery was the right decision for me.

I'm feeling the same exact way but YOU WILL BE FINE!!!!!! My date is August 10th. You will have to let me know how you are doing...just remember the reasons why you are doing this...keep your eye on the prize!! Good luck!!!!!! Way to go!!!! MsDJ14

Hello,

The date is rapidly approaching and I am an emotional wreck. Am I making the right decision?

I think everyone has a few moments of doubt through this process. You just have to decide if it is worth it to you and if you are ready for the life changes required. My surgery is the day after tomorrow and I have gone through moments of excitement and then doubt. If you read through some of the older posts here you'll see that you are most definitely NOT alone in your fears. Most people have some trepidation prior to a major surgery.

Hang in there and be positive. :)

I don't know if you're making the right decision. I can tell you that the surgery was the right decision for me.

I feel pretty good about my decision, but my nerves are getting the best of me. Thanks for the support. What advice can you give me regarding the liquid diet that may be helpful after my surgery next week?

I'm feeling the same exact way but YOU WILL BE FINE!!!!!! My date is August 10th. You will have to let me know how you are doing...just remember the reasons why you are doing this...keep your eye on the prize!! Good luck!!!!!! Way to go!!!! MsDJ14

Thanks Ms. DJ, I will keep you posted. This site is my new best friend......

I was on Clear Liquids for 10 days, then thin, then full. Clears got a little boring by the end of the first week but follow your surgeon's orders. It took me about three weeks to get in about 40 oz. of liquid in a day. If it's a tossup between getting in your Protein goals or your Water, pick the water. Take tiny sips as often as you can. For full liquids, anything I could whizz up in the blender and thin out with water or milk to the consistency of heavy cream was fine. I had some odd combinations in the blender as I was craving anything that was not sweet or bland. Good luck!

I think everyone has a few moments of doubt through this process. You just have to decide if it is worth it to you and if you are ready for the life changes required. My surgery is the day after tomorrow and I have gone through moments of excitement and then doubt. If you read through some of the older posts here you'll see that you are most definitely NOT alone in your fears. Most people have some trepidation prior to a major surgery.

Hang in there and be positive. :)

Thanks Butterfly!!

Congrats on your surgery date. Mine is next week also. You will be fine. Just read all you can on here. Tons of great advice.

You are completely normal. This is a big deal. I don't officially have a surgery date yet, and I have had a few freak out moments. This surgery will completely change our lives in many ways. It would be weird if you were not freaked out a little. I don't know much about you....but I think you will just have to do some soul searching and make sure you are really ready for this. I'm totally ready...I will still have freak outs....but I know...this is really want I want. There are a lot of things I will miss...but I've had almost 38 years of having everything I want..now time to be healthy. Good luck! I hope you find the true answer in your heart. Let us know what you decide! :)

My surgery date is scheduled for the day after your's. I, too, am feeling a tiny bit nervous..... BUT I keep telling myself of all the positive benefits which will be the outcome of the surgery AND I think of what my life will be 1 year from now. And then that relaxes me and reminds me that I've made the right decision. Good luck to you and keep us informed of your progress. You will do great I know.

Only you can know if it is the right decision. Perhaps you can't "know" it -- you can only do your research and make the best most informed decision for yourself.

I will tell you that I had my surgery on July 13, 2010, almost exactly one year ago, and it is, without question, one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have lost 120 pounds and I feel great. People tell me I look great and I feel like I have a new lease on life.

Good luck to you.

Brian

My doctor had me write a letter explaining why I wanted to have weight loss surgery and when I feel doubt or wonder what if...I can go back and read my letter and remember why I made my decision.

Good luck... I hope to have my surgery on Aug.1st or 3rd.

Toyia