Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery is coming up and im getting COLD FEET

How tall are you? I have been looking for someone thats about the same size as I am. I had a friend that had this surgery and she did great! she started at 250 and is 145 now---I think it has been 10 months since her surgery! I would just like to see how im doing compared to someone my size!!!

I am having surgery the 22nd. I also feel the same way. What am I doing????blink.gif

I am so confused. I hope I am making the right choice. I guess I am wondering about the what if's also. What if something goes wrong. What if, what if, what if, etc.......

What if I had just made better choices of food, what if I had exercised more.

What if I have buyer's remorse. Does anyone wish they had not done this?

Why do I feel like this? I spent so much time and effort getting this all going and now it is a week out and I am scared.

I am so glad I found this thread! My surgery is the 24th -- and I feel like I have been riding a roller coaster these last few days! My preop diet started 4 days ago - high Protein liquid diet (no food!) and I can't help but thinking "what the heck am I doing to myself?" I know in my heart of hearts that I need this but, man, I am nervous! I am 5'1" and 227 lbs.

..I can't wait for that number to go down!

:cheer2: Kasie

So exciting!!! We are so close to having it the same time!! What state are you in?? Good luck and i pray that all our surgeries come out great with NO problems :) i hope i don't get nausea , I HATE throwing up!! Best of luck and keep me up to date with you!!!! CONGRATS! OUr new life is about to begin!

I am so glad I found this thread! My surgery is the 24th -- and I feel like I have been riding a roller coaster these last few days! My preop diet started 4 days ago - high Protein liquid diet (no food!) and I can't help but thinking "what the heck am I doing to myself?" I know in my heart of hearts that I need this but, man, I am nervous! I am 5'1" and 227 lbs.

..I can't wait for that number to go down!

:cheer2: Kasie

Hi there! I'm being sleeved on the 23rd too! You'll be okay. I know exactly how you feel. I change my mind every single day and think why the heck am I doing this! But I know why and I just keep reminding myself. I hate the idea that I'm permanently losing a huge part of my stomach and have all kinds of what if's messing around in my head. I think this is pretty normal. Keep us posted on how how you are doing.

Hi Juzme!

I just had my surgery on 6/6. I'm not sure if there is a way to look up my old posts. If you can locate them you will find a very similar post to yours. The people on this board really helped me through the fear and sudden doubt and later the surreal feelings of "is this really happening?" I will share what others shared with me: It would not be normal if you did not have these feelings. That made sense to me since it is a big deal, and a risk. But it is a controlled risk and a decision made with lots of thought, research, consideration of alternatives and past experiences. None of us do this on a whim nor take it lightly. But I will not lie, it was scary down to the morning of my surgery. Some one hear told me she cried ... up to the time of her surgery!!!! That helped me so much when I was getting my IV and feeling like I should bolt! LOL AT the same time I knew what I had decided was right for me!!!! It's just a scary thing. I will also admit that the day after the surgery and the day after, at moments I also questioned it. But NEVER a big regret, just those same scary thoughts. But oh, do they pass!!!! I am not quite two weeks out and I am starting to feel the benefits. Not only am I twenty pounds lighter, I suddenly feel this rush of energy and I feel so happy and encouraged and hopefull for the future. The people on this board are AWESOME!!!! I wanted to give back a little of what I was given to me. One more thing: someone told me that even when there are a few complications (in her case, she was dehydrated), it's not the end of the world, you do what you need to do and it resolves. In her case, she went in and got an IV. It gave me alot of perspective. I'm sure she won't mind me sharing it with you. Most people here do quite well and the minor complications or difficulties that come up are generally in the first week or so. Everyone is individual and has their own expeirence, of course, but most seem to turn a corner within a couple of weeks. Your feelings are totally normal. I think we've ALL been through them. It's part of the process!!! I'll say one more thing I was told: We'll save you a place on the loosers bench!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

My surgery is on the 23rd. Ive researched from lap band to the sleeve and decided the sleeve was for me. Now that im approved and gone through all the hurdles, i am getting cold feet. My hubby and parents are supportive but seems scared for me too. I guess im second guessing this. I know in my heart, i need to do this to get healthy, and to get my life back. And i guess just the "What if's" are getting to me. I know everything has a risk, but i really pray that i don't regret this after finally going through with this. Anyone feel the same way??

Thank you so much! i am getting soooooo nervous, but i am so eager to do this .thank you for your post. It has helped so much.I will also look up your older posts :) Thanks for the encouragement and i CANNOT WAIT to be on the LOSERS BENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Juzme!

I just had my surgery on 6/6. I'm not sure if there is a way to look up my old posts. If you can locate them you will find a very similar post to yours. The people on this board really helped me through the fear and sudden doubt and later the surreal feelings of "is this really happening?" I will share what others shared with me: It would not be normal if you did not have these feelings. That made sense to me since it is a big deal, and a risk. But it is a controlled risk and a decision made with lots of thought, research, consideration of alternatives and past experiences. None of us do this on a whim nor take it lightly. But I will not lie, it was scary down to the morning of my surgery. Some one hear told me she cried ... up to the time of her surgery!!!! That helped me so much when I was getting my IV and feeling like I should bolt! LOL AT the same time I knew what I had decided was right for me!!!! It's just a scary thing. I will also admit that the day after the surgery and the day after, at moments I also questioned it. But NEVER a big regret, just those same scary thoughts. But oh, do they pass!!!! I am not quite two weeks out and I am starting to feel the benefits. Not only am I twenty pounds lighter, I suddenly feel this rush of energy and I feel so happy and encouraged and hopefull for the future. The people on this board are AWESOME!!!! I wanted to give back a little of what I was given to me. One more thing: someone told me that even when there are a few complications (in her case, she was dehydrated), it's not the end of the world, you do what you need to do and it resolves. In her case, she went in and got an IV. It gave me alot of perspective. I'm sure she won't mind me sharing it with you. Most people here do quite well and the minor complications or difficulties that come up are generally in the first week or so. Everyone is individual and has their own expeirence, of course, but most seem to turn a corner within a couple of weeks. Your feelings are totally normal. I think we've ALL been through them. It's part of the process!!! I'll say one more thing I was told: We'll save you a place on the loosers bench!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there - Just joined and posted under the revision section. I am going from Band to Sleeve on the 27th and mentally before the band I was excited. This time I am freaking out. Not settling with me well even though it has to be done.

So as I sit here drinking a crappy Protein shake, I feel your pain. Hang in there and keep me updated!

Thank you so much for all your advise and help :) i so appreciate it!

Hi Juzme!

awww thanks. how are you?? im drinking a crappy Protein drink as i type :( hope your surgery goes great as well. Hang in there too. And no doubt we will both be fine :)

Hi there - Just joined and posted under the revision section. I am going from Band to Sleeve on the 27th and mentally before the band I was excited. This time I am freaking out. Not settling with me well even though it has to be done.

So as I sit here drinking a crappy Protein shake, I feel your pain. Hang in there and keep me updated!