Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much do u stick to ur program

how much deviation do u allow urself???

i know this is a journey...but are 100% on....

do u follow it during the week and give urself leeway on the weekends...

did u follow it to a tee until goal and then loosened up??

how much deviation do u allow urself???

i know this is a journey...but are 100% on....

do u follow it during the week and give urself leeway on the weekends...

did u follow it to a tee until goal and then loosened up??

At nearly five months out, I am eating at the low end of the number of calories that my surgeon recommends. I eat low-carb as well and intend to do so until I reach goal. I am older and have hypothyroidism and what I'm doing is working so I am not going to mess it up.

I follow the program very strictly. So far in 6 weeks I've eaten nothing at all that was off plan except one very small bite (and I mean tiny bite) of my daughter's birthday cake. I haven't had one bite of bread, potatoes, Cereal, even fruit. Nothing but eggs, meat, cheese, a little veggie, some mayo & greek yogurt to moisten things.

I figure I only get one shot at the first-six-month honeymoon period.

Some people would probably find that too restrictive, but to me it makes it easier on me to follow the routine absolutely. I know myself, and if I give myself permission to go off program a little, the next time it'll be a little more, then a little more...I'm actually a little scared of maintenance when I have to take more responsibility for deciding what and how to eat.

I can't imagine putting my body, my family and my pocketbook through this only to "cheat" every one of them. I may not be 100% perfect, but it won't be because I preplan areas in which I just throw the medical information regarding what I need to do out and do whatever I want. That makes zero sense with what I have put into this. It isn't only about me, but even if it was, I deserve better than what got me here in the first place. I am going to use this new tool to the best advantage I can.

I try to stick to my plan. This weekend called for some exceptions so I worked hard to exercise more and cut back when I wasn't at a social event so I could have a glass of wine when I went out. So I will allow myself those treats but I still stick to my carb grams, Protein grams, etc but cutting them other places.

I am not as strict as some of the others. My doctor says 20 g of carbs a day but I just can't do it. I eat between 30-40 a day. I eat Protein first about 90% of the time but sometimes there is something that I really want so I will have a couple of bites first. Also, if I have stalled for a few days, I will eat higher carb for a day or two to "reset" my system. The first doctor I went to suggested this (when I was going to have the lap band - thank God I didn't do it) and I think it makes a lot of sense. I have never just "gone off" and binged like I used to do. My doctor recommends 24 g of fat a day; sometimes I eat more than that. I still like to have something sweet at night and will have 10 M&Ms or a fun-sized bar sometimes. That is really all I want. It satisfies my sweet tooth. I could never have done that pre-sleeve!

I am about two and a half months out and have lost 43 lbs.

I'm pretty relaxed- to a point. I track EVERYTHING I eat and allow myself to fluctuate on calories... I actually believe that it's best to change up calorie intake. My calories run anywhere from 700 -1200 but generally average 1000 (keep in mind that I am 5'9"). My biggest focus is to stay over 80 grams of Protein and under 100 grams of carbs. I am losing quite well and satisfied with my progress on this current plan. If/when the weight loss stops, then I will re-evaluate.

For me, it's is very important that I not make any foods 100% taboo because I have the personality type that will then be drawn to that food. I generally though do not eat bread, rice, or Pasta. Carbonation is another no-no for me.

Hope this helps. :)

Amanda

Hi I was pretty strict with following the program until about month 6 out and at a weight I would have been happy to stay at (I've lost another 12 lbs since). I still start my day with a Protein Shake. I eat what I want but I do try to make the right choices and if I am going to eat something bad I eat Protein first. I exercise five days a week and am strict about that.

I plan as much as possible. For example, my daughters birthday was last week. I ate almost nothing for carbs ( except my Protein drinks) then I weighed up a small portion of cake. My caleries were a little high, but my carbs and protein were great! I do great when I'm working ( which I find amazing as I work in a bakery). I find I have troubles getting my liquids in on my weekends. Something I need to work on I guess. The ticket I've found is to plan plan plan

I am only three weeks out but I have followed everything to the letter- getting my 80 grams of Protein, all my Water, and adding exercise as well as counting my carbs,

I intend to follow this as exactly as I can for as long as I can because I want the "honeymoon period" to work for me- I want to get to my goal and I believe from everyone I have seen that following the plan WORKS. After I am at goal I will ease off a bit and allow the occasional treat or special event. But I will always record my food and keep an eye on things. I invested a lot of thought and made the decision to have 85% of my stomach removed and I need to make this work...or then what?

I'm not going to lie, I have cheated, and after doing so

I feel miserable and depressed. :(

So I have learned to keep a daily food and calorie count, and if there's a little wiggle room at the end of the day then, Well you know the rest.......

I plan to stick to the plan 100%. I am self-pay and would never forgive myself if after paying all that money to have a tool put in place so that I can permanently loose the weight, then I don't follow through with it and end up wasting my hard earned money spent on the procedure and all the time/effort that I am going through to learn better habits.

Yes, it will be difficult. Yes, it will be very tempting to fall back into my bad habits. But I can't. Not if I want to permanently loose this weight and get myself into better health.

I am seven weeks post-surgery and am following my Nutritionist's instructions. A minimum of 70 grams of Protein per day, Protein first. Fruits and veggies if I can fit them in. I start each morning with a Protein Drink and usually end the day with a Protein Bar. In the afternoon I have a serving of soy crackers or "crisps." I find that between the crackers and the Protein Bar I satisfy my desire for both salty and sweet Snacks. Its only been a few weeks, but its working for me. My nutritionist doesn't want me counting calories or carbs until my 3 month appointment. She said to work on getting in the 70 grams of protein first and we will take it from there. Honestly, it's still a struggle to get the protein in.

Hope this helps.

I don't follow the plan so much, but my stomach only tolerates healthier foods. I basically eat what I want. My stomach rebels against me if I eat sugar or bread, so I am essentially on plan. I still can only eat very small servings and I have to chew a lot to get things down. At 3 months post op I find that my body magically stops at around 900 cals per day. I am low carb except for my high Fiber flax oatmeal. I can only eat a little so I always have Protein first.

I have never been able to get the Fluid in and I struggle getting more than 20 oz a day. I think because of the weight loss, things don't taste right - especially Water. My Protein is usually around 40 a day. I take Zegerid OTC religiously every morning and I have no problem with acid. I tried a sip of wine at a wedding this weekend and it burned all the way down - no drinking for me :-) I also had a little wedding cake. It was good, didn't make me too queasy, and I danced for an hour after. Sweets just are not tempting to me at all anymore.

I'm pretty relaxed- to a point. I track EVERYTHING I eat and allow myself to fluctuate on calories... I actually believe that it's best to change up calorie intake. My calories run anywhere from 700 -1200 but generally average 1000 (keep in mind that I am 5'9"). My biggest focus is to stay over 80 grams of Protein and under 100 grams of carbs. I am losing quite well and satisfied with my progress on this current plan. If/when the weight loss stops, then I will re-evaluate.

For me, it's is very important that I not make any foods 100% taboo because I have the personality type that will then be drawn to that food. I generally though do not eat bread, rice, or Pasta. Carbonation is another no-no for me.

Hope this helps. :)

Amanda

wow 100 g of carbs

it really annoys me that there is so much variance in plans and success rates....i wish there was a formula to this.

I am over 70g of Protein, 30-40g of carbs, and over ozs of Water a day averaging around 1000 cals and i am losing but still rather slowly

i think I gotta play with it some more....my next step is to try and keep the protein/carbs and Water the same and drop the cals if possible :huh: