Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WELCOME Gym Rats!!!

Your workout is intense Diva lol! I bet it works though. The unjury shake makes me throw up every time- I don't know why. The smell is just awful to me. I thought about trying the muscle milk kind, have you tried those? If so, are they good lol? You just gave me an idea, instead of me working out once in the AM, maybe I can do 2-a-days :)

Yep my days are really busy so I have squeeze in an hour here.. an hour there.. it still adds up!

I haven't tried the muscle milk sorry I can't give you an idea on how they taste. I haven't really heard much bad reviews though - is there any way you can buy or get a sample? Best to buy small than big and realize you hate them. The whole Protein Shake thing is really trial and error. To be honest there aren't many brands I don't like. There are some types I won't drink though due to calorie, sugar or carb content, but the truth is I really like them all. Even the old School Slim Fasts... LOL :)

I stick to slim fast or special k lol. I liked ensure before surgery but its very high in calories so I just stick to slim fast. I'm sooo picky lol. I think they sale them individually so I may try the muscle milk.

Yep my days are really busy so I have squeeze in an hour here.. an hour there.. it still adds up!

I haven't tried the muscle milk sorry I can't give you an idea on how they taste. I haven't really heard much bad reviews though - is there any way you can buy or get a sample? Best to buy small than big and realize you hate them. The whole Protein Shake thing is really trial and error. To be honest there aren't many brands I don't like. There are some types I won't drink though due to calorie, sugar or carb content, but the truth is I really like them all. Even the old School Slim Fasts... LOL :)

Woohoooo! I just jogged 21 min staight! 1.7 miles without stopping!!! Week 5 Day 3 completed of C25K!

Along with that, I did 30 min on eliptical and 10 min on rowing machine. Starting to write everything I eat down again because I'm not losing any weight...and clothes aren't getting much looser so accountability to me it must be.

I'm def a gym rat since my surgery, i think this is one of the big pleasures in my life now that I've lost weight!

I love doing classes, so now I do classes 4 times a week. I do weigt training (bodypump) for an hour on mondays, body combat tuesdays and thursday and a very vigourous step/aerobic class on a friday, religously! The rest of the time I'm on my feet (or driving my children around) and running around to catch my 1 1/2 year old baby!

Yayyy welcome chilo!! :)

Wish me luck! Tomorrow will be C25K, Week 6, Day 3 which is 5 min walk then 25 jog. I didn't have problem with the 20 min jog and that surprised the heck out of me. Today I did the jog10/walk3/jog 10 and I struggled because I worked night shift, had 4 hour nap, then jogged without eating. Hmm...not doing that again. GOOD LUCK TO ME! This will be a big victory for me WHEN I do it tomorrow (not if.) :rolleyes:

Good luck Cheryl!!! I know you will do great! :)

I totally gained 5lbs in like the last 2 days, I'm so upset. I've been in at the gym everyday this week. I am very frustrated. I finally hit 60lbs down and gained 5.... my body is crazy. :(

I DID IT!

Smashed c25k to its ass! Yesterday was week 6 Day 3 (the second long run.) The plan was to walk 5 min then jog 25. Here is what I did:

Walked 5 at 3.8-4.0 mph then

JOGGED 35 MIN STRAIGHT! I felt pretty good so I had kept jogging to finish out the 5k on the treadmill. The first 2 miles were in 27 min. 5k in 40:15 including the walk in the begginning.

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this officially makes me a jogger! I am jogging/walking a 5k on 4th of July with my husband and sister. I need to start jogging outside to get used to it.

I DID IT!

Smashed c25k to its ass! Yesterday was week 6 Day 3 (the second long run.) The plan was to walk 5 min then jog 25. Here is what I did:

Walked 5 at 3.8-4.0 mph then

JOGGED 35 MIN STRAIGHT! I felt pretty good so I had kept jogging to finish out the 5k on the treadmill. The first 2 miles were in 27 min. 5k in 40:15 including the walk in the begginning.

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this officially makes me a jogger! I am jogging/walking a 5k on 4th of July with my husband and sister. I need to start jogging outside to get used to it.

Yayyyy Cheryl!!! You're going to do sooo great on your 5K! Please check in and let us know how you do!!!

As for me, and I know I haven't checked in, in awhile - but I've still been doing all of my workouts. Getting in about 2 hours per day except Mondays, which is today of course. I feel weird not doing anything I must admit. I seriously enjoy working out and I feel out of whack when I need to let my body rest. :) Oh well!!

Tomorrow my routine starts all over again with an early morning run, a mid morning walk at work and a 30 minute set on my elliptical and some Wii Yoga at night. :)

How's everyone else doing?

Bak at the gym today after a two week break. Been busy at work and sick kids. I am hoping that my two week break will shift my body back into the losing mode. I am going to be doing cardio today and hopefully at home I will be able to do some free weights. I am also hoping that I will be able to get up at 4 tomorrow and do a dvd of some sorts. I know that once I do it then it will be no trouble to continue but it is just the fact of getting up at 4. I can do this right?

Hi, I'm back from a long weekend at Pismo Beach. We rented a two story condo with the dining room and living room upstairs, so got plenty of stair action and lots of walking every day. Pismo has a great beach for walking and the town is fun too.

Today, I was back at the gym with my trainer for 30 minutes. Tomorrow it's my walking group for 45 fast minutes through downtown San Jose. I want to add 30 minutes of light cardio to my Mon.-Wed-Fri workouts, but I'm waiting for my knee to heal up. Between the stairs and hopping in and out of the sand chair all day on 4th of July, it has had it with bending for a while.

I was hoping my joints and feet would act up less as soon as I dropped some weight, but that hasn't happened yet. I'm at 195 lbs. so maybe when I get closer to goal.

Lynda