Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ July Chat

Kim,

I started this week at my company's fitness center. I dread it each morning, but feel great afterwards. 30 minutes on the treadmill and some upper body toning. So far so good. I have a co-worker that is going at the same time. Its good to have someone to hold me accountable especially since we go in before work and have to get up extra early.

Hi All,

I thought I would up date on how it is going for the September Challenger so far. I lost 2 pounds last week which is pretty good since we ate out or at a freinds almost everynight. I even managed to graze my way through the holiday making healthy choices and not gaining.

My current weight is 274. I want to be at 255 by 9/13.

How is everyone else doing?

Wow Ousooner! I admire people who get up early in the morning to exercise before work. I'm one of those people who drag out of bed just in time to hop in the shower get dressed and go running out the door with my hair still damp! I always wanted to be one of those people who get up two hours early and sit around and drink coffee and watch the morning shows, but no can do.. Congrats on the exercise! I can relate sometimes I have to force myself into the pool, but once I'm in there, I feel much better! P.S. Congrats on the 48 lbs, that is GREAT!!

May Band Crew September Challenge!!!!!!!!!!

Current Weight: 274 lbs

Start of Challenge Weight: 280 lbs - 6lbs

Goal Weight by 9/13: 260 (-20 pounds to make it an even -50)!

Mini Goal: 07/24/06 (My 35th Birthday :cry! ) - 10 pounds!

LindaV - I just noticed that we started at almost the same weight and now we weigh the same! How tall are you? Congrats on the 2lbs! We are getting closer to our September goals!

Hi Kim,

I am somewhere between 5'5 and 5'6 depending on who measures me. Congratulations on the 43 pound weight loss. How did you go about choosing your 155 goal weight? My 170 goal is a random number that I think I will look and feel good at. It is definately subject to change.

I have given myself a goal of two years to reach it. That is about -1.5 pounds per week. Since having this surgery, I can think about actually being able to reach this goal. It still seems a little surreal just typing it out.

My 42nd B-day is on 9/15 so that is really my goal date to be at 255. I would actually love to be at 250 but, I don't want to be too unrealistic. The last time I was below that was 10 years ago after having my son. I was so sick during my pregnancy, I lost about 80 pounds. It's nice to be able to lose weight without nausea and vomiting! :)

I just notices that we weighed the same on our surgery dates so we have lost the same since surgery!

I joined a gym last night!! I go for orientation tomorrow after work and then I'm good to go! I need to get my butt in gear if I'm going to meet my September goal of -30lbs.

Weighed in this morning at 249.4 so that's a loss for me of 3.4lbs this week. Hot diggety dog!

DrewsLou -Congrats on the 3.4 lbs and on the gym thing!

Linda - I'm between 5'6 and 5'7. I chose the goal weight of 155 because that would put me in the "normal" bmi range. I'd be happy with 199.9999, he he! Anything starting with a 1.....

I have another goal: I WANT TO WEIGH LESS THAN MY OLDER BROTHERS BY CHRISTMAS! I can't remember when I weighed less than them ( I even weighed more at birth!). They both weigh around 225 lbs, so thats 49lbs to lose between now and Christmas! Think I can do it? I'm gonna try! I think thats like 22 weeks away, so it would be 2.22lbs a week! ( I might even the odds up by cooking for them he he... gonna fatten them up!)

Keep it up everyone!:clap2:

BTW: 3loves where are you?!:)

Hi Maysters,

Yep. Sorry. Did not touch a computer in 5 days! A record for me. Real quick update with lots of ups and downs:

:clap2: Business flight to CA. Always had trouble with too tight seat belts. This time, I had 4 INCHES TO SPARE!

:rambo Went tubing down the Guadalupe River (actually tubing, paddling, walking, and falling) with friends and about 1000 other drunk college students.

:whoo: After 2 years of nagging, my husband finally got a sleep study done. The next day he had a total personality change and more energy than I've seen in years. Fortunately, no heart damage yet, but he has been on his way (5'11", 310 lbs). Its been hard on the whole family and our lifestyle. Working 12 hr shifts, 1 hr for shower and eating, 11 hrs sleeping - what a life? He gets his machine next week, I hope!

:girl_hug: Went bowling for the first time since surgery. Yep, even after losing 30 lbs, I still fell down! I'm so over that!

:faint: Went grocery shopping for the whole month in one day (talk about exercise - no one at home to help me)

:hungry: Planned and cooked portion controled meals for the family (20 meals so far). I've never been organized to do this!

:) Actually gained 2 lbs last week and lots of restriction (slime and PB)

:girl_hug: weighed in this a.m., lost the 2 lbs

:cheer2: Everyday, I've been getting rid of one of my 'Fat' clothes and fitting into my 'skinny' clothes (real jeans this morning!:girl_hug: )

So, bottom line, very busy past 10 days with a net loss of ZERO. I hope I'm over the slump. Very frustrated.

But I'm so over that! Happy day everyone. Keep up the challenge and the courage!

It is so good to hear of everyone's loses! I only walk for my exercise. I hadn't missed a day of walking in over a month, until the 4th! I had 30-40 people at my house for a cookout and neighborhood blowup! So I didn't walk but...On Monday I walked over 3 miles and last night I got my friend to walk with me another 3! My walk consists of 2 railroad overpasses and loose dogs chasing my dog. So I figure I made up for my day off. It is paying off in loose clothing!

Hi everybody wanted to stop in and see how things are going. I went for my first fill yesterday. Four cc in a VanGuard. Drank a Protein shake when I got home about 3 and then for supper had some refried Beans and chili. No problems.

I am a stair step looser. Lose 5 pounds in a week and then nothing for two or three weeks. Oh well. Long as it is going down thats okay.

Everyone is doing so good.

Myra

You didn't say if you have restriction? I am dying to know as I go on the 17th...so I need hope.

:scared:

They took a picture as the barium passed through my band and it was about the width of a pencil.

So yes I do have restriction. However I did have the usual swelling after a fill and today I have only been able to drink Protein drinks and a cup of Tomato Soup.

I did try twice to eat something soft and it HURT. But I walked around with my hands over my head and it passed the second time pretty quickly

The first time it took about 30 minutes for the pain to stop.

I know it is a learning curve. At least I didn't slime, PB, pass out or anything of a drastic nature.

Myra

I have been so proud of myself that I have been losing weight without a fill. Well, my bubble has burst, finally. I'm not gaining, but have been stuck for a couple of weeks. I've been able to eat normal sized bites, and anything I want. That's not good. I've made an appointment for my first fill near the end of July.

Stitchy I know how ya feel. I went three weeks without losing. Made my appt for my fill. Had to wait a week because of the 4th of July holiday. Lost six pounds that week. But I went to my fill appt anyway.

Myra