Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Hi to all the August Bandsters.

Here I am on day 7 and all is well. I went back to work on Day 4 and although I was sore I was able to do all right. Did not tell but 2 at work that I had surgery everyone else thinks I took a mini vacation. Almost all discomfort is gone now unless I overdo it then it will sting a little at the port area. 1 week down with liquids and 2 more to go before mushies but it is ok so far. I did have cream Soup for lunch on several days. But mostly stick to optium nutrition Protein Drink (yum) and yougurts. I also crave unsweet stuff. Even that tuna soup sounded good. Good luck to everyone yet to be banded and rock on to us that have been.

JadedLady, I feel ya completely. I crave unsweet stuff too. I just can not eat that broth. UGH! I hope to move through the next 7 days quickly so I can then have cream Soups and cream of wheat and all that fun stuff.

YUMMY

I'm now finishing day three since I was banded on Monday and I'm still in quite a bit of pain at the largest incision, which I suppose is the port site. I'm still taking both tylenol with codeine and ultram, every 4 hours and when it's time for more, I know it.

Am I doing something wrong? Moving about too much? Or is this simply part of the normal range?

:help: :help: PLEASE HELP:

I was banded on August 1st. ( week and two days ago. Tonight I had a huge craving which I stupidly fulfilled: salmon teryaki with white rice. I think I ate about the same or a little more than I did pre-banded. I have such a stomach-ache. I feel soooooo sick. I feel WAY too full and like its NOT subsiding. (I finishes eating at around 8:45pm

I should note that since I was banded, I have had little to no restriction whatsoever.

Does anyone have any tips on how to feel better ASAP instead of waiting for this probably slower than normal digestion? Or why I feel so sick? i know they said rice may not be tolerated. I don't think anything is stuck in stoma or btwn band and rest of stomach.

thank you so much in advance for any and all suggestions.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Oh boy where do I begin?

First-Jaded Lady and Josette, I started cream Soup and it is such a relief from sweet CIB and Isopure. Heaven.

GE Mom-cut yourself a break. You are day 3 out of surgery. Even though everyone is different and heals at different times and pace-You are 3 days out of surgery. Heal at your own pace. You are normal. I can't tell you if you did anything wrong except that I doubt you lifted something really heavy or tried to exercise. Relax. We're not in a race to heal. And heal you must. Please take as long or as short a time as you need.

KMWWMK-

WTF? Didn't your doc give you instructions on your diet? Call them in the morning. You don't have restriction till you are filled. You are healing, your are swollen, you are not supposed to eat a huge meal. I am not a doc so I don't know if you hurt your band or not. Odds are not. But man, call them asap and fess up. Again I ask---WTF?

Diva: I know i made a mistake. and I know i wasnt supposed to eat what I did. We are all human. and I am also struggling with quitting cigarettes and still having cravings for that! OF COURSE MY SURGEON etc at the hopsital gave me proper instructions and i know what to do. As I said in my post and here, I MADE A MISTAKE.

I ASKED FOR HELP, NOT "WHAT THE FUCKS?". I found your post rude and unhelpful. I am feelign very sick right now I posted to get some practical advice on how to handle present situation.

I thought this site was for support, not recriminations.

The "WTF" was a "What do we tell her?" WTF and an "Oh my God" WTF. I am sorry I didn't mean for it to come out like that. Please accept my apology. But everthing else I said stands-please call your doc as soon as you can. And as I said I don't *think* you hurt anything because it was this once. And may I say I completely understand how you could do it. Completely.

Diva, thanks for explaining. I guess we all have different ways of communication (obviously! lol) and I do tend to be a very sensitive person.....I just really wanted help to feel physically better right now./then. I do feel a lot better now.

Kmwwmk... unfortunately I think you're just gonna have to suffer it out. I doubt there's a way to get it to digest any faster. Maybe sip Water or hot tea? I think this happened because you're eating too fast. I've had yogurt and felt like I was going to explode after 6 oz and it was because I didn't eat it slow enough to give my body time to tell me STOP! I hope you feel better soon.

Josette. :-) Do you think any of it had to do with the fact that the salmon was well done and that we aren't supposed to eat rice? I think its a combo of: Im not supposed to be eating solids yet, I ate too much, I ate too fast and I ate well done fish and white rice.

BOY DID I MAKE A REAL STUPID MISTAKE. :cry :scared: :( :cry

thanks again

Oh wow I am so glad! I'm sitting here nodding off waiting for you to answer before I go to bed. If you call them let us know what they said-for some reason I am craving toast with butter. Maybe because its crunchy and I am swimming in my meals? Dunno. I am just thankful you didn't throw up! Please feel better very soon. I am going to sleep now before I get into any more trouble.

Kwmmwk... I think that what they mean by not tolerated means that you'd be PBing it back up. It's just going to take a while for it all to go down the space the band has left you. My doctor said that your old stomach on average is 32oz and after surgery you have about 4 oz so that meal you had is probably really tight in there, resulting in how misrable you are.

K-

Sounds like you're gonna have to wait this one out. I guess we all learned a lesson from you. NO SOLIDS!!!!!! Wishing you the best hon.

Glad to see some other August bandsters telling us about their experiences. Everyone seems to have had successful procedures so far. Yay to everyone!!!:clap2:

I am so with you guys about being tired of sweet stuff! Today is day 7 of nothing but SlimFast and I would kill for something salty! How sad is it that I'm actually looking forward to monday only because I have to switch to Clear liquids and can have broth?! I can switch to full liquids once I get home after surgery and plan to have a nice little bowl of broccoli cheese Soup. Sounds divine!

Kwmmwk, hope you're feeling better now. Someone in our group was bound to learn a lesson the hard way, just sorry it had to be you. Don't beat yourself up over it, it's done now. Just move on and stick to what your doc told you!