Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Well off to the hospital!! Yikes! They are letting me take a xanex, so that will help with the nerves!! Holy shit, I never thought this day would come..a whole year of batteling with the insurance company..wow.

Thanks for the prayers and wish's of luck, they are appreciated!! I know Pebbles and I will do great. I have lost 12 pounds since weds so thats a good start.

Thanks!!

Angie

Good luck Scribby and Pebbles! Hurry back and let us know how you're doing.

I'm glad all our early August bandsters seem to be doing so well! It's so reassuring to here what it's like in the first few days after surgery.

Today is day 6. The first day I can walk around or sit without a pillow pressed against my tummy. My tummy no longer feels like it is pulling. This morning was the first morning I could get up from laying down (still on 3 pillows) without rolling to the right and lifting up with my right arm so the left side wouldn't pull or hurt like hell. The incisions are starting to itch a little due to healing. I am not taking the percocet only liquid tylenol. I am head hungry. When I drink my CIB I do get "full". If I drink a lot of Soup I do get "full". I am still somewhat black and blue around the incisions esp around the main one (not the port) where they go in. In fact it is indented but is started to fill out again. My hands are still somewhat black and blue from the needles. I am dying to have some mushies. I wouldn't pick up anything heavy (like an infant) for another week or so. I will probably drive today and try to go back to work tomorrow or Friday.

Best advice I have: stick to your doc's diet, not other bandsters. Don't think that you won't hurt but it is manageable and goes. Go by your own healing timeline not anyone else's.

Good luck to all being banded this week!!!!

Diva,

You've made me feel better, I'm one week today, and wondering why I'm not back to full normal. Some of the strips have come off, but the big incision where the port is still is uncomfortable. I get up, do a few things, and feel tired again. I actually slept on my stomach last night for a few hours, but have that pillow by my stomach as well. From spending lots of time on this site, it seems like everyone has a different diet, so you are right, stick with your doc's diet. My liquids include sugar free fruit pops and crystal light and sugar free Jello, so between the slim fast, and a few other things, it makes it OK. I do feel the need for caffienne though!!

all the best,

Caroline

I was banded on the 4th at Baystate in Massachusetts by Dr Haag. I'm still sore today but definitely feeling much better. My abs feel like a muscle tear and are still hurting but very manageable. No more pain meds for me. I hate the liquid pain stuff anyhow. As a matter of fact, there isn't much at this liquid stage i can take much longer. I hate the taste and smell of the Protein Drinks. I long for something that isn't sweet or chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry flavored. I had some V-8 juice last night and felt good. Maybe it's the mind thing realizing I was actually consuming some veg.

It's hard now to watch the hubby and son eating real food and snacking! Either they only eat at the kitchen table, or I have to leave the room. It's head hunger cuz I'm definitely not feeling stomach hunger yet.'

Hope everyone's feeling good and good luck to all who are right around the corner.

I came home yesterday, and got a good night's sleep last night. I'm still taking pain meds, and they make me sleepy. So I'm going to take a good nap today. The pain is fine as long as I'm sitting still, but getting out of bed or off the couch hurts.

I'm sticking to the liquid diet. Yesterday, my sister brought me some egg drop Soup, which I blenderized into a pure liquid. I've also been consuming the Carnation instant Breakfast with some protien powder added. I genuinely do not mind that. I've been splitting my pills, which seems to be working fine.

So far, it's going better than I expected. The discomfort is similar to that of a C-section, which I survived just fine. And each day, it'll get less. At least I don't have a baby to take care of right now.

The hospital people were great. I was really impressed with them. (But I'm glad I'll probably never need this particular operation again.)

Libra... My doctor and my postop instructions say nothing over 20 pounds for at least 2 weeks to a month. I can imagine it's a pain though. I know friends have had babies and had cecerians and struggled with what to do because they couldn't lift anything heavy but had a baby carrier and not someone to carry the baby all the time, ya know?

Good luck hon.

My instructions are not to lift more than 10 pounds. Is there any way you could quickly teach your toddler to climb into the car seat without being lifted? The thought of lifting a 38 pound child makes me wince.

My doctor's orders were nothing over 10 lbs for a month. I relate because I have an 18-month-old who is only 20 lbs and it's a problem. I admit that I have picked him up a couple of times, but my other kids fuss at me so I am really, really trying not to do it. He is so used to being picked up and carried (3 much older sisters, mom, and nanny), that he gets mad when someone won't pick him up. So, I am having my nanny and my daughters keep from carrying him around so much so he doesn't think that Mommy doesn't love him because I won't pick him up! I think he is still kind of mad at me!

So, I have 3 more weeks and it's going to be hard. But, I definitely don't want to do anything to jeopardize the Band and my health. My son will be fine and I'll have to leave the lifting to other family members.

My instructions are not to lift more than 10 pounds. Is there any way you could quickly teach your toddler to climb into the car seat without being lifted? The thought of lifting a 38 pound child makes me wince.

I have an SUV and the seat is too high for him. Maybe I'll switch cars with my husband for a few weeks. He drives a sedan and my son can get in there pretty easily. Thank you all for the responses. Obviously, I'm going to need a little help with him for a couple of weeks.;)

He's only 2 1/2 but he's a big boy!

Hi August Bansters...

One week from today I'll be "sleeping it off" in the hospital. Banded at last. Yay!:clap2:

I just love all your posts and am happy to know what to expect post-banding.

I'd be scared to death to eat a peanut after a week but I'm a chicken at heart. I'm glad it worked for you and I fondly look forward to the day that I can do that.

I was craving a tuna salad sandwich in the worst way today and you know what DH did? He made tuna soup! I swear. Doesn 't it sound horrible? Well....it was marvelous. Absolutely great. He made it with Tuna, non fat yogurt, scallions and some of his amazing touches that seem to turn regular food into sublime food. He chilled it and served it in a cold mug and I swore I was having my sandwich. Now....let's see if he can make pizza, chicken wing, fried chicken, steak and fries and chocolate chip cookie soup.. Hmmmmmmm.

Ok...off to make dinner for DH and pal.

WOOO HOOOO!!

I just went for my surgery follow up today. I have lost 28 lbs in 3 weeks. (only 8 after surgery last week) SO the nurse told me I have lost 12% of my body fat! That made me feel so great!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

There was a scary guy there though that freaked me out. He said that he gained lots of weight before he got his first fill. AND told me the only reason I have lost so much is because I am scared to eat?? WTH???

He pissed me off so bad. I don't like anyone telling me that I can't do something, especially someone who doesn't even know my name.

He went on talking about how he pigged out before his fill. What an idiot!

Even if I was hungry pizza abd junkfood will not be my choices! Grrrr...

How can anyone be so stupid????

;)

Best Wishes to everyone getting banded this week, so far August seems like it has been a good month for banding with all of the great posts. Please keep posting your progress for all of us waiting our dates (I'am patiently wating for 8/23) all of the information found here is invaluble, thank you!....best of health...Chrissie

I'm being banded on Aug 18th:p ;) I in the liquid diet stage right now and I hate it but looking forward to getting bannded and starting a new life. I am going to have two birthdays now. Dr Curry in ohio is my doctor. best wishes to all:p :girl_hug: ;)

Great weight loss boo boo!! Awesome job sticking to the rules and seeing the results. We are all proud of you! No way after all of this would I brag about pigging out on pizza...that guy needs to stop and reflect on his goals!!

I am six days out ( well seven from the first band and 6 from the second one!) and doing pretty good. I am still using the pain meds at night but just tylenol during the day. My hunger is returning some and tonight I had some egg drop Soup and that was really great. Couldn't eat too much of it but better than all that sweet stuff.

Looking forward to what lies ahead... a healthier me and some mushies!!