Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so confused on how you can be taking in only 600-800 calories, 60-70gms Protein, 40-50gms carbs, and 30-40gms fat and not lose weight. Could y'all give me some reasons WHY we have these stalls? I have been hovering around 30-32lbs weight-loss for two or so weeks and I am 6 1/2 weeks post-op... What's up with that? Do I need to go back to liquids? ?

Don't get me wrong...I am happy for the loss in pounds, but have 80 some odd pounds to still lose...poo! :(

Your body is catching up. Just keep it up and you will lose again. A majority of us go through stalls. You will usually notice that your clothes get loser even when the pounds aren't dropping because you are still losing inches. Try walking if you aren't already. That helps you get your metabolism going so that you burn more calories all the time. Hang in there and congrats on your great success so far!!!

"Poo" !!! I love it! That's exactly how I feel about MY stalls! :) Don't worry, they'll break and you'll lose a pound a day for several days and THEN go into another stall! At least that's what I do....Poo!

Stalls happen and the only explanation that I have heard that makes sense is that you have gone from lots of calories to very little calories. Your body thinks its in starvation mode and will hang onto every bit of weight to save up for the famine. It takes a bit for the body to adjust and then you will start to lose again.

Later on when a stall occurs take your measurements and you will see you are losing inches even if you are not losing pounds.

Same here!!! Over two weeks!!! Started a week afte surgery!! Lost 10 pounds since surgery and thats it...Im majorly discouraged!!! Ive had stalls with lap band but not right out of the gate!

It is so horribly frustrating!!! I would like to hear from a doctor for some scientific hard facts as to the WHY these stalls are happening and what exactly our bodies are doing during this time. I am NOT happy with losing 4oz in 3 days!!

I know I know, patience. I am getting fed up with "patience". Grrrrr! Lol

It is so horribly frustrating!!! I would like to hear from a doctor for some scientific hard facts as to the WHY these stalls are happening and what exactly our bodies are doing during this time. I am NOT happy with losing 4oz in 3 days!!

I know I know, patience. I am getting fed up with "patience". Grrrrr! Lol

I know what you mean! But just so ya know, I think your doing great in the weight loss department! We have to remember it took a lot longer to get here, so we have to be patient in getting it off. I have my ups and downs emotionally. Some days I can reign myself in and others, well lets just say, I feel a little bipolar or manic about it. Lol ;)

Not sure if you read my other post from today regarding "broke the stall," but as I mentioned, I have read so many posts about how others have broken them. I decided yesterday to increase my limits on intake as others have done, so I ordered me a cheeseburger kids meal (minus the drink) for dinner. And after hovering around 32-34 lbs loss for 2-3 weeks, I awoke to a friendly scale this morning that said I had lost 2 lbs!! Yea!!

Not sure if the increase in calories, fat, carbs, etc...did the trick, but I am sure glad I lost. Now, tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully, I won't have gained them back by morning. Just seems impossible to gain ANYTHING on such low intake limits.

Well, we shall see... Just remember, "Eye on the prize, Violet! Eye on the prize!! :P