Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anything we can eat not loaded with carbs

Everything that I pick up is loaded with carbs good or bad for you!!! Even gum sugerfree gum has carbs..geez!!!! Any way enough of the muttering..Is there anything other than Proteins that we can have as a persay snack that you can have without guilt?? The only thing soo far that I have found is pickle spears..They seem to have no nutritional value. Some times I want something and I don't want to lean on carbs. I ate watermelon and pineapple this weekend and wow I didn't realize that it had soo many carbs in it..Can anyone help me on this??:unsure:

At least fruit have good carbs, maybe nuts/seeds, even though they are high in calories they have good fats in them. I try to limit my fruit still to 1-2 pieces a day.

Carbs are NOT the "enemy", just try and concentrate on Protein MORE than carbs. Almost everything has carbs, it's unavoidable.

Carbs are quick energy, the body adsorbs them quickly and if there are too many in one sitting packs the rest away as fat. The body also has a preference of pulling energy from fresh calories rather than body fat, so it will leave the body fat and just use whatever else you stick in your mouth first and leave the at for "emergencies".

protein is long lasting energy that takes the body a while to break down. If you are eating the right amount of caloric intake and it is largely of Protein the body will take some tie to break it down and use it. Protein has the necessary stuff in it to allow the body to build lean muscle mass too.

Fruit and stuff while it does contain carbs is pretty much harmless. Eat all you want. Just make sure that with the limited amount of food that we CAN eat that you get your Proteins in FIRST, then carbs then fats. That way you fill up on Proteins first and if any room is left a few carbs.

If you're losing weight while eating the right caloric amount then you are doing fine.

I am a snacker and my NUT told me that as long as I am getting enough protien I can have a snack of whatever I want. When I plan my day I make sure I am getting at least 60-80 Protein and then I plan in a snack. Here is a list of some that I like.

16 Wheat Thins and a 100 calorie pack of cheese bites

1/4 cup of hummos and some black olive tapenade with a few slices of cucumbers or red pepper slices

Chex Mix - single serving bag

Smart Pop popcorn - single serving bag

Peanuts - single serving bag

Beef or chicken Jerkey

I don't feel guilty at all as long as I am getting my Protein. Making good choices is not alway easy, but at least I have a few "go to" Snacks that I can eat and that makes me happy when I can have a snack that I like.

You should get a list of things that you like that are not too terribly bad like I did. It really helps me to have a plan. When I don't I tend to go a litte overboard.

I'm learning every day.

Good Luck

Lisa

I really think I worry too much.. After all the fruit that i ate Sunday I have felt like crap monday and today, but the only good news coming out of it was I lost 5 pounds..Yay me!! lol. I don't think I will do that very often. My tum tum is being very annoyed by my actions..