Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What were your reasons?

I had my band removed in 2006, because it slipped twice and the fills were $100.00 every time and it would be to tight, so un-fill, then gain weight, fill again. ACID REFLUX too horrible to continue to live with, the second time it slipped I said take it out and I don't want a new one.

I became pg in 07 gained the weight back and would never consider the band, I was miserable, skinny but freaking miserable. The sleeve sounds like a wonderful alternative.

OH YEAH AND CAN'T WAIT UNTIL "Breaking Dawn" comes out in Nov! Twilight fan for sure!:rolleyes:

OH A SLEEVE TWI SIS:) is always great:))) 108 days more till BD:)

Oh and looking at this topic I WILL SAY I did it for the right reasons! they were never naive as I SAID:) the band isnt for everybody:)

I was banded in July 09 and lost 83 lbs in first 6 months . . but never felt a bit of restriction. Kept putting in Fluid and even when up to the max felt absolutely no restriction. No pains, no food stuck, no vomiting, no nothing. . . . but I could eat just about anything and any amount at a setting. Correction I did get a couple kernals of corn stuck once and couldn't clear it for 48 hrs. Had to have 5 cc's removed and start over filling it up again. In the end I then gained back 35 lbs and decided I needed to right this ship and get going the other direction. My Dr. and I decided the band was just not going to work for me(give me restriction). So, my options were the RNH and Sleever . . . after much research and discusion I felt the VGS would be the perfect fit for me to finish off my WL.

Insurance is approved 100% and expecting call for scheduling tomorrow and should be sleeved within the month. No regrets at all as I need it done to gain my health back and eliminate the factors that are going to kill me someday. LOL My surgar is almost back to normal with no pills, BP is normal, Cholesterol has always been fantastic even with heavy, and my joints are feeling a whole lot better. I have been on a power walking regimen that past 15 days and have walked 40 miles. Lost 25 lbs of that 35 I had regained. Would love to be back down to my lowest with the lapband by surgery. If I get there I have a goal of an additional 80 after the sleeve. That would put me back to my wedding date weight which was 43 years ago. . . that would be super.

Will keep updated with you after our surgeries. Good luck.

No complications here. I just didn't have good weightloss after 4 years. And I hated the port, it bothered me. I'm so happy my surgeon mentioned the revision to me at my yearly check-up. The sleeve is a miracle!

I have been around all kind of boards lately !! ALL WLS boards! and I found out that 99% of those who had their band to sleeve revision where having band complications (slipping etc etc) and none had it for too long like my case! without complications! and ended up having their band to sleeve revision.

So I am wondering is there anyone out here who can share their reasons why they had the revision beside complications?

Thank u

My band was placed in Oct of 2007. From the beginning, I was having issues with getting stuck, pb'ing and finally a slip. Several fills and unfills later I finally admitted that I needed permanent help that would allow me to EAT NORMALLY without fear of vomiting. My band was very touchy, if I had a bad day or upset in anyway....it always tightened up..it had it's own emotional mind. There were blocks of several days in a row that I would have to revert back to a liquid diet because medical staff thought I was gourging or not chewing well enough. As you all know who have had the band, we all become excellent chewers and learned how to swallow in tiny segments. I switched insurances and was immediately referred to their Bariatric department. I could not have been happier to find a BD that didn't like the band and told me of my options....the main one being VSG.

So, I had my band removed in February of 2011 and just about 5 days ago had my sleeve surgery.

I was given the promise that with the VSG, you will finally feel full....will not PB unless you overstuff yourself ( but this time with a VSG you will actually be able to feel fullness) and will not have to deal with a lot of malabsorbtion as with other surgeries. ]

In a nutshell, VSG is suppose to be exactly what LapBand said it would be and if you look at it, the surgery itself, it makes sense....the remaining stomach will feel full when it is full....no double stomach!

So, while right now I am wiped out and worried about getting a leak.....I am taking this slowly and hoping for the best.

What I do know is, that if this will be my last surgery. The anxiety that I had before surgery was too much for me to handle alone. Thank God my surgeon prescribed me lorazapam the 10 days before surgery. I would've cancelled on him again if he hadn't done that.

I had this VSG surgery so I can get control of my weight. I am getting older now and I feel every pound and white hair on my body. Yet, I want to be able to eat normally, know when I am full and not have to deal with a foreign object inside my body, which would eventually have to be replaced/removed anyway.

I remember going to a WLS seminar in Camarillo, the doctors talking about VSG to themselves....they scoffed at it, didn't believe a "banana" shaped stomach would help the brain accept fullness like the band. If I would've know that VSG was just starting to become available in limited offices, I might have gone out to those seminars instead of wasting.time at band seminiars.

Just a little update . . . I will be sleeved on Wednesday . . that's two days from now. My WL has continued with my power walking and I have lost 30 lbs in a month which gives me just 5 more to lose before Wednesday. that will get me back down to the lowest with the lapband. I feel really great and looking forward to dropping many more pounds over the next 6 months. Will update after the surgery on Wednesday.

best of luck PAPABob:)) cant wait for ur update:)