Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who does your fills? (What type of health care professional)

Who does your fills? (what type of health care professional)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who does your fills? (what type of health care professional)

• A Doctor is present
    • A Registered Nurse is present
    • A certified physician assistant (P.A.) is present
    • A Nurse Practitioner is present
    • Someone from the office, of which I don't know their credentialing is present
    • A secretary is present
    • A medical office assistant (or tech) is present
    • I don't exactly know the credentialing or training of who does my fills
    • Someone who is not a doctor or nurse is PRESENT during my fills, but does not actually perform them

I was wondering for those of you out there...who does your fills?....and do some of you maybe not even know the type of credentialing or training that this person has?? Also, does anyone assist them/come in the room with them when they are doing the fills? If so, who is this person...and how do you know they are "medically trained" and should even be present during the procedure?

This is multiple choice...please check all that apply to your situation!

Thanks!

My surgeon has a doctor he works in conjuction with, somebody with a medical degree. I think he also has a sports medicine practice, he gave me a cortisone shot in my ankle and I was able to stop going to see another doctor in a very inconvenient location, and because I'm entirely bulk billed for my fill/review visits, it was very handy not to shell out any money to have my ankle looked at either, lol.

I consulted with my surgeon prior to surgery, he did the surgery, I saw him six weeks post op for my first fill and have seen the doctor for every month since, I'm due to see my surgeon for a six month review.

My docotor does the fills at the hospital under flouro.

i have not seen my Dr. since the day of sur. he has a nurse practitioner who does the fill there is a rn there that works the x-ray mac. That is all that is there. She is very good that i can tell hits the spot first time out. But the Dr. has not been part of anything since Sur.

I had my surgery in MX, but had my fill done as close to home as I can at the surgeons office I would have used, had insurance approved me. The surgeon himself does the fill, his nurse/medical assistant was in the room, she draped me, and set up his tray for him, at which time she was gloved up. He ask for a differrent size needle, she got it for him, took off the gloves, put on new gloves, and come to stand next to the exam table again. The needles were individually wrapped, in the pull apart kind of package, he opened it half way, and pulled the remainder off when he filled it with saline. Other than that I would say all she did was watch and offer me a hand up when it was time to sit up again. My SIL and I went to be banded together, also to get filled at the same time, and we discussed it, in detail on the way home!!! About the sterility of it. I felt very comfortable in how things were done. He also counseled us on eating habits, gave us instructions on how to eat the next few days, liquids, mushies etc. He was happy with our weighloss so far, but he was EXCITED to hear I no longer take meds for high blood pressure or pre diabetes. I attended his seminar, and his excitement at this surgery being cutting edge for the diabetics was contagious, you could see what drove him to become a Dr.

I do not know if his assistant is trained to be in the room while it was being done, but since she didn't touch ME I wasn't real concerned over it. I have almost always had a nurse/assistant in the room when a Dr. is doing any kind of procedure, I think it is to protect him as much as me. I had never thought about it!!!

Kat

My surgeon does my fills there a nurse in the room that hands him the needle.

My husband, a certified Physician Assistant, did my last fill and will do any and all that I need in the future.

Wow you are so lucky!! LOL I guess you never have to worry about fill costs for the rest of your life. What a bonus!!