Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need the Sleeve to get pregnant

Hey, I have been having trouble trying to conceive since 2008. I tried provera and clomid, since my cycles are so out of whack. No luck. I am just in a holding pattern now, waiting to get the surgery so I can lose the weight enough to get pregnant. I end up having my periods lasting anywhere from 1-4+ months of consistent bleeding. I have been considering asking my doctor for the birth control pill to see if it will regulate it better, but I would also like to see my body regulate it self as I lose. I really try not to think of pregnancy anymore since all I do is get sad or stressed. But I am positive that after the surgery, I will feel hope again. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling like this.

Get your thyroid levels checked. I have hypothyroidism and have periods that last about as long as yours (going on 2 months now!). When I started on Levo-T to treat the hypothyroidism back in September, I did begin to see some improvement (I had a whole week off between periods instead of one or two days!). But it kept going for 3 weeks or more at a time. So, at the beginning of this month I started on birth control meds and so far I have seen a change in my periods...they are HEAVIER!!! Now, this could simply be because my body is still adjusting to the elevated hormone levels in my body. But it is fraking annoying.

After you get your thyroid levels checked out, I would also like to advise that you buy stock in Tampax. Because lords know I spend enough money on those bloody things. ;)

I don't want to shatter your dreams, BUT, a huge driving force for me to have surgery was so I could conceive. Here I am almost 20 months post-op and 12 months of TTC, and I'm not pregnant after losing over 140lbs, I'm still having trouble getting pregnant. I have normal cycles between 28-29 days, nothing physically is wrong with me.

I am actually 8 days late, but my serum blood test came back negative with slightly elevated hcg levels, but not high enough to say YES PREGNANT, 4 urine tests all negative, and I have to have another blood serum test on Monday to see if my levels get higher.

1 of 2 things is happening: I'm super early in a pregnancy, or I'm about to start and it can't be considered a viable pregnancy, but I'll need to endure a DNC to make sure that if I was pregnant, that everything is taken care of.. Either way it sucks.

My doctor did pull hormone levels to make sure all is well there, but I won't have the results from those test for a week.

Sorry to be a "debbie downer", but I wanted to give you my story. I've given up at this point. My body has been through hell and back, and the one thing I want more than anything isn't happening.

I don't want to shatter your dreams, BUT, a huge driving force for me to have surgery was so I could conceive. Here I am almost 20 months post-op and 12 months of TTC, and I'm not pregnant after losing over 140lbs, I'm still having trouble getting pregnant. I have normal cycles between 28-29 days, nothing physically is wrong with me.

I am actually 8 days late, but my serum blood test came back negative with slightly elevated hcg levels, but not high enough to say YES PREGNANT, 4 urine tests all negative, and I have to have another blood serum test on Monday to see if my levels get higher.

1 of 2 things is happening: I'm super early in a pregnancy, or I'm about to start and it can't be considered a viable pregnancy, but I'll need to endure a DNC to make sure that if I was pregnant, that everything is taken care of.. Either way it sucks.

My doctor did pull hormone levels to make sure all is well there, but I won't have the results from those test for a week.

Sorry to be a "debbie downer", but I wanted to give you my story. I've given up at this point. My body has been through hell and back, and the one thing I want more than anything isn't happening.

I'm sorry for all you who are going through this, i know it's stressful to say the least.

Tiffy, that happened to my the last time I was pregnant, I had slightly elevated HCG levels in blood serum, I got them done again a couple of days later annd the values more than doubled, needless to say I was pregnant in my 40's. So I would suggest you got another blood test just in case, good luck I will be praying for you all.

Well Tiffykins, I sure and hoping for all the best for you. I know I'm thinking positive, but I'll try not to give up either. I had all kinds of blood work for the screening for the surgery, and everything came out ok with my thyroid and everything. I had been to my gyn recently and we did the clomid/provera thing 3xs with no results. They also did a hysterosalpingogram, which is a really horrible test to check out my fallopian tubes and that came out ok. Sperm count on my hubby is ok. Worst comes to worst is when I do lose the weight, we may have to look into in-vitro or something. Eitherway, losing the weight will definitely help since my mom had complications with my brothers and I, and had problems with blood pressure, as mine is higher now than it ever has been. Thanks for your input! You guys are so good about keeping me motivated!

I'm sorry for all you who are going through this, i know it's stressful to say the least.

Tiffy, that happened to my the last time I was pregnant, I had slightly elevated HCG levels in blood serum, I got them done again a couple of days later annd the values more than doubled, needless to say I was pregnant in my 40's. So I would suggest you got another blood test just in case, good luck I will be praying for you all.