Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other gay sleevers out there?

Feeling so much better! 2 months post op and down 40lbs total.

IMG_2378.JPG

On 8/7/2016 at 0:15 PM, rgodfrey09 said:

Hit me up at www.facebook.com/Richard.godfrey

I will add you to the groups :)

Hi there Richard! I just friended you on Facebook. I would like to be added to the group too.

On 6/16/2017 at 10:30 AM, PAguy said:

Anyone doing anything fun for Pride? I am sad I missed the march at DC pride, but I just wasn't up to it yet. We have a pride weekend in Philly this weekend and I am planning on going out. It will be weird though not drinking......:wacko:

I did the DC march with my husband. Absolutely incredible feeling of power and connectedness.

I'll be getting a sleeve soon (still don't have surgery date) which will allow me to do more things like this, I hope.

I just found this group. I am excited to find it. I am pre-op right now. I am going through the 3 month medical weight loss process. I started in June. I have lost 54 pounds on the pre-op diet. They don't have a specific weight for me to lose but it's generally 10% of your starting body weight. I am about 4 pounds shy of that. But I want to be below the 500 pound mark. I have tried the gastric bypass process before. But each time the insurance always denied me. They said I didn't have enough co-morbidities. So because I didn't have high blood pressure or diabetes I did not qualify. Each time I lost on the pre-op and when they said no I gained all of the weight back plus more. I have finally have insurance now that will DEFINITELY cover it. So I am excited. For many years I was a very active obese person. The weight did not slow me down. But age stopped that. My body finally said enough is enough. And now I am not active and I am really tired of not participating in life. The surgery does not scare me at all. But being overweight and gay really sucks. I have found it hard to date. A lot of the guys that will go out with me are the extreme chasers. They want me to stay this way and keep feeding me. So it makes life a bit lonely. I have good friends and family so that helps. I am looking forward to getting life back. I am looking make friends to talk to about the surgery. The weight loss group I am in, at the hospital that I will have the surgery, is all women. I am the only guy in the group. So I look forward to hearing from guys in the group here.

Hi! I'm not really active in here much anymore but I still get notifications. I totally get what you're saying about being overweight and gay. I really lucked out. My husband always had a thing for twinks (we all tend to have a "type" I think; mine was bears and he isn't) but kept his mind and heart open to love however it presented itself. So when we met it was no big deal for either of us. Don't give up yet! But getting the weight off has been a literal lifesaver for me. No more diabetes, no more sleep apnea, labs are normal and I actually have energy. I was NOT overweight and active like you. So you have a good head start. Keep us posted about approval and surgery!!

Stay strong. You can do it.

Hi! I'm not really active in here much anymore but I still get notifications. I totally get what you're saying about being overweight and gay. I really lucked out. My husband always had a thing for twinks (we all tend to have a "type" I think; mine was bears and he isn't) but kept his mind and heart open to love however it presented itself. So when we met it was no big deal for either of us. Don't give up yet! But getting the weight off has been a literal lifesaver for me. No more diabetes, no more sleep apnea, labs are normal and I actually have energy. I was NOT overweight and active like you. So you have a good head start. Keep us posted about approval and surgery!!

Thanks and I will.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Guys, I have just joined this site. Looking for others who are about to start the journey to keep in touch with either here or on skype.

I am 6ft tall and starting weight at 400lbs.

@bearman81hello. I am also at the beginning part of the journey. I joined the site looking for people to talk with about this. The group I go to at the my hospital is all women. Needless to say it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I've been on here for about a month and I've gotten nothing but extremely positive responses. So let me be the first to say welcome and I look forward to talking with you.

Awesome @zone_03 - thank you :-) I have checked out the forums for a few days before joining and there seems to be a wealth of information here. I am looking forward to it!

Hi everyone, wanted to say hello and hopefully find someone experienced in this new life who can mentor me, as by this time tomorrow I will be sleeved and starting a new chapter, in not a new volume, in my life.

I know this is in the mens only but I am going to post anyways because I can! I am gay :)

A fear is that women tend to like more full figured women I am worried a little bit that I will get to skinny. Irrational yes I know.

21 minutes ago, Krista27 said:

A fear is that women tend to like more full figured women I am worried a little bit that I will get to skinny. Irrational yes I know.

Krista shouldn't the focus be on liking yourself? On improving your health? As far as guys go, they are chasers out there that may not be attracted to me once the weight comes off but I will be healthy and happy and when the time comes to find a partner in life I will hopefully find one who wants me the way I am.

1 minute ago, Bruno1966 said:

Krista shouldn't the focus be on liking yourself? On improving your health? As far as guys go, they are chasers out there that may not be attracted to me once the weight comes off but I will be healthy and happy and when the time comes to find a partner in life I will hopefully find one who wants me the way I am.

It is about me! I am doing this for myself and no one else. Its about my health and many other things that have accumulated up to at this point.