Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Okay Angela-You are only 30 pounds or so away from me....your closing in, and you know how I feel about a little competition:kiss2:

Diane-Speaking of support groups....I guess Billie was sick for the last support group too, so Nola ended up running it:guess ...a little birdie told me:p .....nuff said;)

Hollie!!! I have been worried sick! Where have you been? Missed ya!

I'm totally freaking out because I wore my pedometer to work today for the first time ever....I was expecting to maybe clock 2 miles walked in my busy day...but guess what!!

I walked 5.81 miles at work today, for a total of 947 calories burnt!! WOW....no wonder I come home at the end of a day and feel like I've been beat up. Makes more sense to me now!:omg:

WTG Angela!

I'm looking forward to the 230s. That's the weight it says on my drivers license, and I remember being at least 30 lbs higher when I wrote that down (you know, when I was 16!). So then i will be WAY smaller than I can remember in any recent years!

Off Topic - Any chance one of you has some old Lincoln Logs I could buy? My DH is trying to make something for our son's B-Day and I'm not having much luck finding them at garage sales.

Ha....that made me laugh....I think I had 175 put on my drivers license when I was 16, which of course was about 75 pounds too little. I'll have to check it out though and see what's actually on there. Wouldn't it be exciting to change the weight on there for the next D.L. renewal :D

Diane...Nope... no lincoln logs, but I loved them as a kid.

I know!! unfortunately my DL doesnt expire until 2012!!

once i hit goal i might need to go get a LA license just so i can be fabulous with the correct weight! :D

Have I told any of you what I want to do for my goal? Well its undecided when actually. I will start considering it when I've lost 100 lbs (at 233), and might wait until I am closer to goal, but I want to get a tattoo! i want it between my shoulder blades, of an oak tree. Here are some examples I think are pretty:

http://www.wanderingfirepottery.com/12%20inch%20Oak%20tree.JPG

http://www.siriusintelligentsystems.com/Houston%20Oaks/Photos/Oak%20Tree.JPG

(Heavy sigh).....Oh to be young again:faint:

Just don't get a dolphin on your abdomen like my sister did. When she got pregnant it became an ugly whale with stretchmarks through the middle of it:p

I've also seen a lot of shall we say "interesting" tatoos in "interesting" places in my line of work (needless to say I see a lot of normally 'unexposed' areas...you wouldn't believe the things people do to themselves "down there" with various tatoos and piercings:guess )

haha. yeah i am picking hte back because hopefully it will be spared many of the ravages of age, weight loss, pregnancy, etc.

Okay girls....The longer I sit here...the more I"m thinking I'm hungry (which I'm not)....I gotta hit the hay or I'll never wake up in the morning at 5, after the long day I have had:phanvan ....talk to you guys tomorrow!!

Cynthia - you have the same band I do. I'm currently at 2.5. I could certainly PB before 2.5, but never felt much restriction. I think I could still take more, but it's working so far so I won't push it.

Okay, girls, here's my confession...

I have been utterly stressed out with the job search, money problems, etc. Last night I couldn't even fall asleep, I had to reassure myself by saying "It's all going to be OK" over and over again until the intense stress melted away. I woke up this morning and was talking to my mom about everything. The way things always work with my mom is I tell her my problems, she stresses me out more, and then later on in the day (anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours later) after she has talked it over with my dad, she is helpful and reassuring. It's just the way it is.

But anyway, after talking to my mom, I ate. I started with a regular lunch - shrimp fajitas and queso. High-fat, but low-carb-good-carb. Then I had 2 frosted animal Cookies. Then a low-carb ice cream bar. Then I grabbed like 15 more frosted animal cookies and another low-carb ice cream bar. I knew I was eating for the wrong reasons, but I didn't care. I ate about 2 of the cookies when my phone rang. It was a lady from a temp agency to set up an interview for tomorrow. As soon as my phone rang, I stopped eating the cookies and put away the other ice cream bar. But I know if my phone hadn't rung, I could have gone into a full-blown binge. I just feel so out-of-control in the rest of my life.

Btw, we usually don't have junk food in the house, but my roommate's mom sent her a care package.

I'm the same way cate....stress binging is something that can be very real to me. Now I don't in any way binge like I used to pre-band...but sometimes it still scares me when I catch myself "starting" to do it. It is numbing to the emotions and stress in some way.

Not that I'm saying your Mom is ANYTHING like my mom.....because my mom (aka Monster as I call her now) is a complete psycho. I made the decision about 6 months ago to break all ties, as it just wasn't healthy for me anymore to continually subject myself to her ongoing manipulation, control, and at times abuse. It has been so much better since I made that decision (albeit a hard one). Again, I'm not saying your mom is anything like mine....but I do have an understanding of what you go through. Sometimes when I would get done talking to my mom, even after lapband surgery, it would just make me want to binge to numb the psyche.

Hang in there....things will get better soon. What kind of job are you looking for? Is the economy/job market just crappy there after Katrina or what?