Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok! Ok! I won't do it...lol! Thanks for all the replies. You guys are awesome!

And I am very glad to hear that. :) Soon, when you get to solids, enjoy your pizza. I do from time to time!

I ate a few bites of a cheese pizza at nearl 4 weeks out. It didnt' make me sick, but it wasn't the greatest thing in the gas department... still, I could only eat a few bites, so I didn't throw up or anything like that.

One problem I am having is that my EYES ARE BIGGER THAN MY STOMACH. I take what I think is a small portion, and then can eat only a few bites of it and BLECH, I am full and can't eat any more. it's embarrassing, and the hosts all think I don't like their cooking.

My husband was kidding me, saying that I should get some doll plates to eat from, but gosh darn it, a couple of bites of anything fills me up.

Still.... if you do eat pizza, make sure it's just cheezy and soft thin crust, take teeny tiny bites, and chew chew chew chew CHEW your three bites. And ENJOY it!

My doctor actually recommended me to use children's plates and bowls that away I don't have the problem of getting to much at a time. If nothing else I use a saucer to put food on. I am very careful with what goes in my stomach now. I have made sure to stick with anything with less than 8g of sugar. Anymore sugar then that I feel like I'm dying. I start getting hot and feeling like I need to throw up.

As for the pizza I have no intentions of ever introducing that to my diet again. I am doing this to loose weight why start back on foods that got me to this place to begin with? I mean yes you are eating a lot less, but it's still full of fat/sugar, and not to mention GREESE! I am going on 2 weeks out so I couldn't imagine putting it in my body at this stage. I am still having trouble with certain mushie foods..

I agree with your post....but I do eat pizza, I choose the smallest piece so I can eat the crust and it fills me up; I will NOT eat pizza out though. My husband and I make it at home, and we know everything that goes into it! We make the crust, WHOLE WHEAT....it is soooo good, he worked at Pizza Inn when we were in HS, and loves doing this.....we buy the sauce, but the cheese, part skim of course - canadian bacon, mushrooms and banana peppers! This is not a greasy pizza, I promise!! It seems like a lot of trouble for a little piece, and we seldom ever do this, but I have to remember, "this is not a diet". Right?!!! Even so, there are many things I will not do, changes I've made that I feel good about and do not miss. No more hot fudge sundaes, only baked chips in our house and I don't like them or eat them....I seldom eat bread....not to mention, the forced Portion Control and I'm never hungry! I love my sleeve!!!

My doctor actually recommended me to use children's plates and bowls that away I don't have the problem of getting to much at a time. If nothing else I use a saucer to put food on. I am very careful with what goes in my stomach now. I have made sure to stick with anything with less than 8g of sugar. Anymore sugar then that I feel like I'm dying. I start getting hot and feeling like I need to throw up.

As for the pizza I have no intentions of ever introducing that to my diet again. I am doing this to loose weight why start back on foods that got me to this place to begin with? I mean yes you are eating a lot less, but it's still full of fat/sugar, and not to mention GREESE! I am going on 2 weeks out so I couldn't imagine putting it in my body at this stage. I am still having trouble with certain mushie foods..

Well, I'm a little over 10 weeks out and I made this the other day:

http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-national/cauliflower-pizza-crust-worth-its-wow-gold

It is pizza crust made from steamed "riced" califlower (you rice it in your food processor...basically means cut into little rice sized pieces). It came out beautiful and I had one slice (I cut my pizza into 8 slices) so it was very small. It smelled good, tasted good, but aftewards my tummy kept gurgling and talking. It didn't hurt, and I didn't feel bad, it was just odd. Like my tummy wasn't sure what to do with all that califlower. :blink:

My hubby is getting sleeved but hasn't had the op yet, and he tried and it and really liked it. My 10 year old dd ate a slice and liked it too. My 8 year old dd wouldn't touch it when she found out what it was made of. lol.

It had eggs, cheese, and a small amount of turkey pepperoni on it, but I certainly would not count it as a protein-dense meal. But when you are healed more and past the mushie stage, you might try this to quiet those cravings. 12 days is really early and you are still healing. The tiny califlower bits could get stuck in your staple line, so at this point it really isn't worth risking anything during the healing process.

Eventually you can have pizza, just not right now.

I love califlower! Subject change!!! Tummy rumbling!!! I guess I need to start a new thread, maybe I will, but I wanted to ask you first!! I am seven months out and my little tummy talks a LOT!!! In the mornings when I start drinking a cup of coffee, not usually after Breakfast or lunch, but after dinner (is it because I eat a little more maybe??) - and it seems that after I drink a glass of milk I gurgle and make a lot of noise! Am I eating and drinking too fast? The glass I drink milk out of is frozen. I keep glasses in the freezer because I LOVE it cold. Could that be it? I am at a loss. Is this normal? If so, how long will this continue??!!! Suggestions???!!!!

Well, I'm a little over 10 weeks out and I made this the other day:

http://www.examiner....th-its-wow-gold

It is pizza crust made from steamed "riced" califlower (you rice it in your food processor...basically means cut into little rice sized pieces). It came out beautiful and I had one slice (I cut my pizza into 8 slices) so it was very small. It smelled good, tasted good, but aftewards my tummy kept gurgling and talking. It didn't hurt, and I didn't feel bad, it was just odd. Like my tummy wasn't sure what to do with all that califlower. :blink:

My hubby is getting sleeved but hasn't had the op yet, and he tried and it and really liked it. My 10 year old dd ate a slice and liked it too. My 8 year old dd wouldn't touch it when she found out what it was made of. lol.

It had eggs, cheese, and a small amount of turkey pepperoni on it, but I certainly would not count it as a protein-dense meal. But when you are healed more and past the mushie stage, you might try this to quiet those cravings. 12 days is really early and you are still healing. The tiny califlower bits could get stuck in your staple line, so at this point it really isn't worth risking anything during the healing process.

Eventually you can have pizza, just not right now.

12 days out and was okyed for mushies. Would it be ok to eat pizza if I chew, chew, chew ??

OH GIRL! I am out 1 year and pizza really kills my sleeve! I bloat up like a whale on 3 bites. . I start to slime and don't feel good for over 30 minutes. . . I wouldn't do it, but hey thats only my advice. .good luck!

Well, NtvTxn, (native Texan?? lol, just a guess, like trying to figure out what those personalized liscense plates mean!) I am not sure. My tummy only talks to me occasionally, and I cannot pinpoint a particular certain cause. It happened more when I was first out of surgery and still only doing very limited foods, etc. It hasn't happened to me in a while, but OMG that califlower really made it talk.

Does it happen for you with certain foods (other than the cold milk?) I too, wonder if it will always do that here and there. I figure a normal tummy can rumble, roar and talk, so I guess our little mini-tummies can do the same. I does feel odd when it happens though, doesn't it?

I eat pizza pretty often. I take my kids out for pizza. I can eat one piece easily. I enjoy it and one piece makes me so full that I don't care that I can't eat more. I feel so stuffed that it feels like I ate as much as I used to.

I'm currently living in Wisconsin and my plates say NTV TXN - I want to make sure everybody knows I am not a local. LOL Anyway, it does NOT matter what I eat, everything makes my tummy talk....that is why I am wondering if I am eating a little to fast or maybe too much. I KNOW I eat faster than I should, I weigh and measure my food when I'm home, so I don't think I eat too much, I don't feel uncomfortable, not normally anyway. I cannot eat much. Maybe I'm putting too much in too quickly, what do you think? The milk is cold, but at dinner, a dense Protein is usually involved, so maybe that has something to do with it. I know there has to be a reason! Thanks for your input!

Well, NtvTxn, (native Texan?? lol, just a guess, like trying to figure out what those personalized liscense plates mean!) I am not sure. My tummy only talks to me occasionally, and I cannot pinpoint a particular certain cause. It happened more when I was first out of surgery and still only doing very limited foods, etc. It hasn't happened to me in a while, but OMG that califlower really made it talk.

Does it happen for you with certain foods (other than the cold milk?) I too, wonder if it will always do that here and there. I figure a normal tummy can rumble, roar and talk, so I guess our little mini-tummies can do the same. I does feel odd when it happens though, doesn't it?