Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the gastric sleeve on Tuesday Dec 14th. I'm 3 days post op. Every time I swallow Water, crystal light, & broth I can feel it scraping down my throat down to stomach. Did anyone feel this?

I have blurred vision also. Did anyone experience that?

My bandages are ichy too. Were yours?

I had a hernia repaired at the same time as sleeve surgery. I wonder if some of my pain is from that???

Misty

I had itchy stitches and still do a bit (nearly 3 weeks out!). I've read other people reporting on the itchy stitches too. Day 4 was a turning point for me pain-wise (and also read that for some other people on here).

I've not had too many issues apart from occasional twangs of pain and some cramp, but the painkillers I was given have been enough to take care of that.

Hang in there it'll get better soon. smile.gif

I had steri strips that drove me mad ! I had them on till 7 days post op. I have a sensitivity to adhesive so I had to use hydrocortizone cream on them! The scrapping I did not experience but you can have sore throat from the iintibation and perhaps your hernia repair has something to do with the feeling? I would check with the doc on the blurred vision, it could be medicines or blood pressure related.

I was also sleeved on 12/14 and experience none of what you are talking about. The only discomfort that I have is when I sit down, my left side bothers me. How are you doing with your weight and drinking? I just polished off 33 oz of Powerade Zero and fixing to do sip 8 oz of chicken broth. I am only down a pound which has me wondering but I know that it will soon start falling off. At least today someone told me that it looked like I lost weight!!

I had the gastric sleeve on Tuesday Dec 14th. I'm 3 days post op. Every time I swallow Water, crystal light, & broth I can feel it scraping down my throat down to stomach. Did anyone feel this?

I had a hernia repaired at the same time as sleeve surgery. I wonder if some of my pain is from that???

Misty

I was sleeved on Dec 1st and also had a hernia repair. A sore throat is common due to the intubation during surgery. I had an issue and could not tolerate the aspartmine/sweetner after surgery but that is getting better. As for the blurred vision-contact the doctor. This may be a side affect of medications that you are one but you need to be check for sure.

I was able to change my bandages daily after a shower. Mine were not itchy but very sore as I had staples. I still have 2 that are still scabbed over.

I still have tenderness where they did the hernia repair. As a stomach sleeper it is hard yet to sleep but I sleep on my side with a pillow by my stomach and a pillow under my knee to releive some of the pressure pull on the stomach.

It will get better. It took a while to lose pounds but I lost inches quickly.

Asked my surgeon about the sore throat and burning feeling in my throat, and he said it was from the breathing tube, it probably scratched up my throat and esophogus a little bit. It went away by the end of the 2nd week.

Drinking cold stuff helps a little... so does warm tea.

No help with the blurred vision, are you still on pain pills? Could it be that? Also, do check your blood pressure.

Hang in there... Cinderella

Hey there,

I was sleeved on the 14th and also had hernia repair. I also have a scratchy throat, which i'm told is pretty common. As to the blurry vision, could that be from the pain meds? I find it hard to focus on reading when I am on Vicodin, maybe it's similar.... but every day it gets better, so hang in there!!!

kgremmy- Wow 33oz of drink plus 8oz of broth. I'm not getting that much down. I'm trying to drink as much as I can. I've had no weight loss yet. I'm still swollen and bloated in my belly area. I'm going to give it more time before I'm concered about weight loss.

klus- I have a problem with crystal light cuz it's so sweet. I have been eating Jello & drinking mostly Water & broth. I'm ready for next week so I can have Protein shakes.

Cinderella- I am on liquid loratab elixir. Trying to decrease the doses. I only want to do pain meds for 1 week, but the hernia must be causing some additional pains.

lila21- Seems like a lot of sleeve patients have herinas repaired during this surgery. Is your pain right below your breast plate? Kinda high above stomach?

I'm only 3 days post op so I'm trying to hang in there. I do feel hungry at times, but a few sips of broth and I'm full. Still some issues with blurred vision. Only when I look at words, the computer, Iphone, & read things. Watching tv is fine. Thank goodness cuz that's all I can do. I am walking around the house trying to get rid of the bloated gas in my belly. Praying for me and all of you! Take care :)

Misty,

I had a VSG on Dec 14th as well and experiencing the same side affects you are with the exception of the itchy bandages. My substitute for that is gas, bloating and diarrhea.

Lortab has relieved most of the pain although it makes me sleepy. I'll be glad when I can get off that medication so I'm not so sleepy.

Even with these temporary side affects I'm still very glad I did the procedure.

Best,

Max

Misty

Max,

So you & I are at the same stage of our recovery journey. I must admit, I have thought "what have I done", but then I realize that I am sore & recovering and when I feel better & see weight loss it will all be worth it!

How much fluids are you getting down? One person on here drank 33 oz of Powerade & 8oz of broth. I am not getting that much in. It hurts the most when I am swollowing liquids. I know the liquids are important so is that breathing thing we should do every 2 hours. We can get through this :)

Misty,

I've been pretty lucky in that I've been able to get my 60 oz of fluids in but I always have a cup handy and sip, sip sip throughout the day.

Best,

Max

Max,

So you & I are at the same stage of our recovery journey. I must admit, I have thought "what have I done", but then I realize that I am sore & recovering and when I feel better & see weight loss it will all be worth it!

How much fluids are you getting down? One person on here drank 33 oz of Powerade & 8oz of broth. I am not getting that much in. It hurts the most when I am swollowing liquids. I know the liquids are important so is that breathing thing we should do every 2 hours. We can get through this :)

TICKER

1. Go to 'Signed in as MistyB' at the top left of your screen [or whatever your profile name is]
  2. Click 'Edit my profile' on the top far right of the screen
  3. Click 'Change signature' on the left which is under the Profile tab (should already be selected by default)
  4. Paste in your ticker (I got mine from www.TickerFactory.com).

PROFILE PIC

-Click 'Change photo' just under 'Change signature'

-Click the 'Choose file' button and upload your pic.

Hope this helps.

How do I add a pic for my profile pic & ticker?

Misty...I had my surgery on Monday...so I am one day ahead of you. I am also on Loratab Elixir. I do not think the pain meds are making you have blurred vision...that doesn't sound normal. I would definitely ask the DR about that. My bandages itch too...I keep telling myself their healing and ignore as much as possible. As far as how much I am getting down me...NO WAY NEAR 60 oz or 33oz...and I carry Water or crystal light with me all the time. HOWEVER...Today...I have been able to drink a lot more. Prior to today I felt full all the time and probably was getting around 30 oz total down me including my broth and popsicles.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Misty,

I've been pretty lucky in that I've been able to get my 60 oz of fluids in but I always have a cup handy and sip, sip sip throughout the day.

Best,

Max