Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd worse day thus far

I have seriously had my worst day (expect for the day of surgery) today :( The gas pains are SO BAD!! My lower back, lower gut and Shoulder hurt so bad! I am belching all the time and it doesn't seem to make me feel any better but I can't stop doing it! LOL I tried some broth today but it really just didn't taste all that great :( (I used to LOVE drinnking broth and having biscuits so I figured I would still like it?)

I haven't gotten in NO WHERE near what I needed to for liquids today because the gas has been so bad and tonight I took two small sips of Water and I could tell it wasn't going down :( I tried being vertical and laying on my left side (what the docs had me do in the hospital) and it's been an hour and I still feel that FULL feeling!

I have tried the Gas X Strips but they really dont' seem to do anything! Everytime there is a commerical I get up and walk around my house (every 15 mins or so for like 2 mins), went to Walmart and walked for at least an hour if not a little more following DH around while he grocery shopped and thought I was gonna die (exhausted)!! LOL I have also been using a heating pad on my shoulder and back (a little on the tummy but not much)

I just HATE these gas pains :( I'm in no other pain at all (well a little muscle sore, like I can't lay down and then sit up! LOL) it's just SO ANNOYING!!!!

Good thing I guess of the day is that according to the scale I'm down another 7 bls since Thursday! I'm not "counting" it yet though since I plan to have my official weigh day as Mondays (since that was when surgery was!)

broth tasted bad to me too right after surgery, and I use to like it. It could still be the anesthesia in your system or your taste could have changed. I hated it so much I am afraid to ever try it again. Most things tasted bad but there are some things that taste good now.

Sorry you are in so much pain! Hopefully it will pass soon! I think the gas just has to work its way out. Are you passing gas? Thats when I started to feel better. I just let it rip, LOL!

I remember that pain from my gallbladder surgery. I felt like I had whiplash. Then one morning I woke up and it was gone. Hang in there, it to will pass. No pun intended.

GOOD luck. feel bad you are having gas pain in addition to back pain. I have bad back pain. How much are you drinking and what are you drinking daily?

I have seriously had my worst day (expect for the day of surgery) today :( The gas pains are SO BAD!! My lower back, lower gut and Shoulder hurt so bad! I am belching all the time and it doesn't seem to make me feel any better but I can't stop doing it! LOL I tried some broth today but it really just didn't taste all that great :( (I used to LOVE drinnking broth and having biscuits so I figured I would still like it?)

I haven't gotten in NO WHERE near what I needed to for liquids today because the gas has been so bad and tonight I took two small sips of Water and I could tell it wasn't going down :( I tried being vertical and laying on my left side (what the docs had me do in the hospital) and it's been an hour and I still feel that FULL feeling!

I have tried the Gas X Strips but they really dont' seem to do anything! Everytime there is a commerical I get up and walk around my house (every 15 mins or so for like 2 mins), went to Walmart and walked for at least an hour if not a little more following DH around while he grocery shopped and thought I was gonna die (exhausted)!! LOL I have also been using a heating pad on my shoulder and back (a little on the tummy but not much)

I just HATE these gas pains :( I'm in no other pain at all (well a little muscle sore, like I can't lay down and then sit up! LOL) it's just SO ANNOYING!!!!

Good thing I guess of the day is that according to the scale I'm down another 7 bls since Thursday! I'm not "counting" it yet though since I plan to have my official weigh day as Mondays (since that was when surgery was!)

broth tasted bad to me too right after surgery, and I use to like it. It could still be the anesthesia in your system or your taste could have changed. I hated it so much I am afraid to ever try it again. Most things tasted bad but there are some things that taste good now.

Sorry you are in so much pain! Hopefully it will pass soon! I think the gas just has to work its way out. Are you passing gas? Thats when I started to feel better. I just let it rip, LOL!

I am not passing gas regularly. Only time I go I also have a BM which today I had two and everyother day I have only had one!

I remember that pain from my gallbladder surgery. I felt like I had whiplash. Then one morning I woke up and it was gone. Hang in there, it to will pass. No pun intended.

See that is SO crazy, I had NO gas pains from my gallbladder surgery!! Shoot, I hope its tomorrow I wake up and it's gone! LOL Okay, I can dream, I know it'll be at least a few more days if not another week or so!

GOOD luck. feel bad you are having gas pain in addition to back pain. I have bad back pain. How much are you drinking and what are you drinking daily?

Since Thursday I have been doing 60cc of usually Water some tea every hour I'm awake and today I maybe took in 4-5oz all day because I'm hurting so bad and SO tight tonight!

Dawn, I just copied down this list of changes that someone posted to deal with their gas problems. Maybe one of these will help you!

Here's the list:

I was taking Gas-X. He told me to stop taking it and to use Maalox Maximum Relief.

• I was drinking a Protein shake called ENS chocolate Milk. I would mix it up thin but as it would sit it would get very thick. He asked me to stop drinking it for a while.

• i was taking my multi-Vitamins in the morning. He said that they can sometimes cause gas/bloating/nausea so he asked me to take them at night before bed.

• I was using soy milk for my shakes. He asked me to use regular milk for a while and see what happened.

• I was taking one or two SF mints daily for my breath. The contained sugar alcohols so he asked me to stop.

Dawn, I just copied down this list of changes that someone posted to deal with their gas problems. Maybe one of these will help you!

Here's the list:

I was taking Gas-X. He told me to stop taking it and to use Maalox Maximum Relief.

• I was drinking a Protein shake called ENS chocolate Milk. I would mix it up thin but as it would sit it would get very thick. He asked me to stop drinking it for a while.

• i was taking my multi-Vitamins in the morning. He said that they can sometimes cause gas/bloating/nausea so he asked me to take them at night before bed.

• I was using soy milk for my shakes. He asked me to use regular milk for a while and see what happened.

• I was taking one or two SF mints daily for my breath. The contained sugar alcohols so he asked me to stop.

Thanks! The only thing I could try is the Maalox Max Relief maybe instead of Gas-X! As for anything else, I'm not doing it! I'm still on clear fluids until I see the doc on Monday and I'm taking NO pills yet!

Dawn,

Believe me when I say I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I have tried everything & still NO relief~! I cant even drink my Water without the gas bubbles pushing it back up & hurting. Therefore, I haven't been drinking my fluids like I should all because of the excruciating pain! They gave me Maalox and Gas X in the hospital & I still have not belched or tooted! I can hear the gas in my tummy rumbling like crazy but it just won't come out or go up! I am miserable! I keep telling myself this will all get better in no time, but I'm really getting discouraged! I'll be praying 4 us & hopefully we'll get dome relief SOON!

Rhonda

So my experience was that the shoulder pain and the belching are different types of gas. The shoulder pain is from the inert gas they introduced into your torso during surgery to expand the area so they could see what they were doing. I read that when you sit up/stand up it creates upward pressure which is expressed as shoulder pain. Gas-X strips will not help this pain. Only walking seems to dissipate it, and it should be gone by about 10 days or so.

Belching, on the other hand, for me was a symptom of uncontrolled gastric acid, which started about 10 days out, when I started taking full fluids. Took me several days to figure it out - the Nexium my doctor recommended wasn't doing a thing for me, and EVERYTHING I put in my stomach produced belching so bad (like large belches every few seconds) that I couldn't continue to eat, or talk, or do anything. It would go on like that for 30 minutes at a time. I was scheduled to go back to the office after 2 weeks, and was concerned about whether I would be able to go back, if it continued. Before I had to deal with that, though, I finally realized what it was, and changed to Prevacid, along with a Zantac here and there when I felt like I needed it. Problem solved! So a question, at least about the belching - are you on a PPI?