Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SO, TODAY IS DAY 4 AND ALTHOUGH I FEEL TOO TIRED TO TYPE, I FEEL THE NEED TO HERE SOMEONE TELL ME ITS GONNA BE OK. MONDAY WAS SURG. CAME HOME TUES. FELT OK TILL YESTERDAY AND NOW IM SO WEAK I CAN BARELY THINK.. OH, AND DEPRESSED, DID I MENTION DEPRESSED, I WAS SITTING ON THE BED LAST NIGHT AND STARTED CRYING WITHOUT WARNING, I FELT GUILTY FOR TAKING A PERFECTLY GOOD ORGAN THAT GOD GAVE ME AND ALTERED IT BECAUSE I CANNOT CONTROL MYSELF. I AM GETTING APPROX. 11 OZ OF EAS MYOPLEX 42 GR PROTIEN, AND IN BETWEEN SIPPING ON POWER ADE AND Vitamin Water WITHOUT SUGAR. THE DOC SAID V8 juice BUT IM AFRAID OF THE ACID. DID I MENTION I AM HAVING PANIC ATTACKS BECAUSE I AM AFRAID OF A LEAK? OMG, I FEEL SO MESSED UP RIGHT NOW, MY HEART IS IRREGULAR, USUALLY HAPPENS WHEN IM SICK, SO NOT TOO SURPRISED, BUT JUST ANOTHER THING TO ADD TO MY LIST OF WORRIES...I HAD A DREAM LAST NIGHT THAT I TOOK SOME Cookies FROM A BAKERY, TRUE , BUT SAD...HOW MUCH LONGER BEFORE I FEEL BETTER?.....SORRY, I JUST FEEL SO AWFUL...:(

The first 2 weeks are the toughest, and staying positive really helps. Focus on staying hydrated, and try to get in as much Protein as you can. Your hormones are going to be all over the place, and just follow your post-op instructions. Leaks rarely happen, but if you've made it this far, and you're following the liquid post-op then you should be good. It's going to take a few days to maybe a couple of weeks for you to really feel good again, but you just have to stay the course, and don't let your emotions get the best of you. Stay focused on your hydration goals, get up and walk, if it's nice out, get some sun on your face, and know that the victories are going to outweigh these temporary struggles.

What you are feeling is normal normal normal. It DOES get better. I had buyer's remorse a few days after surgery. I am now 4 months out and less than 5 lbs from goal. No buyer's remorse whatsoever.

About leaks: I tend toward over-concern for my health (read: I'm a hypochondriac), so I was really scared of leaks. They happen but infrequently. Watch for the signs but try to relax. Statistics are on your side here.

You are going to OK. BREATHE.

Best of luck, chica. I think you made the right decision when you had the surgery.

Hi Vici,

I know how you are feeliing, I have not even wanted to go on here. For me the morning is hard but toward the end of the day it gets better. I keep saying I could have tried weight watchers one more time. But I think once we start having some real food we will feel better I hope.

Good luck Vicki and feel better,

Janine

Hi Vicki -- you know I felt the EXACT same way -- I cried for days, thought I was soooo stupid because I was in so much pain and I couldn't eat, couldn't drink, etc. But! Tiff is right -- it lasts at most 2 weeks -- and each day it gets better. But I have never felt better, I've lost more weight than I thought was possible, I would do again (the 2 weeks of torture included) if I needed to. I am soo thrilled with the sleeve.

Chin up -- we have all been there -- we will support you and be your shoulder to cry on -- ok?? It will get better, trust me. :)

Vicki, you sound like me after my first C-section. I was staring at a screaming colicky baby, so sore I could barely move and wondering why I ever started having sex in the first place - ha!

Any time you have surgery it takes awhile for you to start feeling like yourself again. Almost every person on this site who is post-op has been in your shoes, so please don't feel alone. I almost called the day before my surgery to cancel it. Now that I'm at goal weight and feeling great I'm SO GLAD I didn't give in to my fears.

In a couple of months when you're starting to get skinny you'll look back on this post and wonder what the big deal was. Of course, if you keep feeling bad be sure to discuss with your doc. But I have faith that "this too shall pass" and you'll be back to yourself and feeling so much better in no time!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH ONE OF THE BEST THINGS TO COME OUT OF ALL THIS IS ALL OF YOU, I AM TRYING TO BREATHE AND STAY CALM, I LOOK AT ALL YOUR POSTS AND HOPE IN A FEW WEEKS I TOO WILL BE TELLING SOMEONE TO BREATHE AND LOOK FORWARD TO A HEALTHIER WEIGHT AND LIFESTYLE...

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING AND ANSWERING EVEN THOUGH IM SURE YOU HAVE HEARD IT HUNDREDS OF TIMES.

JANINE, I AM SOOOO HAPPY I HAVE HEARD FROM YOU, SEEING WE HAD OUR SURGERY ON THE SAME DAY, YOU ARE ON MY MIND AND HOPING WE WILL BOTH FEEL BETTER SOON.

*HUGS TO ALL* VICKI:rolleyes:

I am only 17 days post op but i was in the hospital for four days and i was crying all the time everything made me cry, I cried because no one was there for me but my husband no one in my family would drive an hour and half to see me and i thought oh my what am i going to do all by my self.... but then I came home and started filling better it took a few days it dose get better everyday just keep up the good work and smile! You are on the path to a healthy life!!! Its worth every minute of bad for the good that will come out of it! Who ever said it was an easy way out is very much wrong!! Best of luck to you! :rolleyes:

I am only 17 days post op but i was in the hospital for four days and i was crying all the time everything made me cry, I cried because no one was there for me but my husband no one in my family would drive an hour and half to see me and i thought oh my what am i going to do all by my self.... but then I came home and started filling better it took a few days it dose get better everyday just keep up the good work and smile! You are on the path to a healthy life!!! Its worth every minute of bad for the good that will come out of it! Who ever said it was an easy way out is very much wrong!! Best of luck to you! :rolleyes:

thanks so much filica, i guess it is hormonal and we just have to get through the much to see the beauty of whats to come..im glad your feeling better and hopefully it will get better everyday, and you are right, who ever says this was the easy way out will get a dose of @#&$^$%# from me...LOL...thanks again..:P

thanks so much filica, i guess it is hormonal and we just have to get through the much to see the beauty of whats to come..im glad your feeling better and hopefully it will get better everyday, and you are right, who ever says this was the easy way out will get a dose of @#&$^$%# from me...LOL...thanks again..:P

thanks so much filica, i guess it is hormonal and we just have to get through the muck to see the beauty of whats to come..im glad your feeling better and hopefully it will get better everyday, and you are right, who ever says this was the easy way out will get a dose of @#&$^$%# from me...LOL...thanks again..:P

Vicki,

I am sorry you are having a rough few days, but I am sure you will make it through with flying colors. I am sure by this time next month when I am posting the same thing, you will be able to tell me that it gets easier each day. I agree that we will all be telling people where to go when they say we are taking the easy way out. Hugs

Hang in there, it DOES get better, surgery of any kind is tough on our bodies. Keep sipping, walking and drinking your Protein. Don't worry about the "big" stuff right now, laundry, cooking, cleaning, all that can wait. Focus on getting enough rest, and just doing what you need to be doing. The pain gets better by the hour, each day is a new day and each day you will start to feel more normal.

Hugs!

Hi Vicki,

How are you doing today? I hope your feeling better. We seem to be feeliing the same way. I have been thinking about all the foods I'm going to eat when I can. On the 14th is my birthday, which is about two weeks and I cannot wait to have an egg and some cheese. My sister called me and told me she went food shopping and we talked about every item she bought and what she was going to do with it, LOL. When do you go into your next stage and what food can you eat?

Your in my thought, everyday it's getting better

Janine

Hi Vicki,

How are you doing today? I hope your feeling better. We seem to be feeliing the same way. I have been thinking about all the foods I'm going to eat when I can. On the 14th is my birthday, which is about two weeks and I cannot wait to have an egg and some cheese. My sister called me and told me she went food shopping and we talked about every item she bought and what she was going to do with it, LOL. When do you go into your next stage and what food can you eat?

Your in my thought, everyday it's getting better

Janine

Awwwww janine, thanks for touching base with me. i will see the doc on wed and hopefull be upgraded to puree....never thought i would love to have puree food..lol....my birthday is the 22 and my daughter and family are coming in for our yearly birthday party at a very upscale restauant LOL>>>> but i said what the heck the bill will be cheaper cause ill order Soup or mashed potatoes or whatever im able to tolerate then...i hope your birthday is wonderful and your able to eat refried bean cake or something hahaha....hope u feel better soon too, keep in touch..vicki ;)