Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Experts... Please Chime In!

hello..we all have cravings,,and body is going thru hormonal changes...so we may like something and dislike another.

i am 6 weeks out and thinking about food all the time...nothing appeals to me..

follow your doctors orders when you start loosing weight you will be happy and will forget all minor problems.

6kiddos, I'm day 13 post op and I have lost 11.1 kgs - I've only been walking the dogs everyday for 30 mins - 1 hr (at a stroll type pace). Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post op. Some people seem to drop weight better than others but 5-10 lbs seems so little for 4 weeks...

dont take stress ..each one's story is different. You body is healing.at 2 weeks. maybe try walking 2,3 times in a day. are you taking lot of water.also follow the diet given to you.

you will loose .all the best.

Have you tried talking to you NUT? This is what they are there for. If you're keeping a log of all you eat and exercises I would call and have a sit down with them. Most of the time they can tell you why this is happening just by looking at your info you supply. Think of them as another tool for you to lose. Hope you can figure it out and get back on track soon????

<br />I lost all m weight. If you stick to Protein first and a little veggies when you have room, you can't help but lose.<br />Try not to worry. Of course if you cheat and eat candy which goes down very easily. that will change everything.<br /><br />You can do it if you are dedicated to following the rules and adding some exercise in.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Oh how I wish this were true for me, but it isn't. I track every single morsel that goes in my mouth, I keep my carbs lower than low, and my food choices pristine. Yet, I'm not losing weight. The party line of VSG is that on such low calories it is impossible not to lose weight. Well, here I am. I exercise 5 days a week, 30 minutes elliptical, full weights rotation. I eat 80+ grams protein, 10-20 grams carbs, 60-90 ounces Water, every day. Not only have I stopped losing weight (a month without loss), but I have gained. I do not eat bread, potatoes, rice, grains, etc. I am supposed to be on 600 calories a day.

I lost all m weight. If you stick to Protein first and a little veggies when you have room, you can't help but lose.

Try not to worry. Of course if you cheat and eat candy which goes down very easily. that will change everything.

You can do it if you are dedicated to following the rules and adding some exercise in.

Actually there are some situations where weight loss is impossible, particularly when taking meds that add weight, or resist wt loss....

I am 4 days out post-op and I am sick of all of the sweet Protein Drink stuff. I was told to have liquids for at least 3 weeks but this is crazy. Purchased canned Soups are so high in sodium and low in Protein, and all of my after care paperwork says no Beans yet to make anything of substance.

I'm frustrated what could I have? Any ideas??? I have my Iso pures and Protein Powder for drinks but I want something for my "dinner" type of meal.

I think you are stuck with broth until you hit pureed food. Then you can do like refried Beans, applesauce, etc.

Check on Amazon for lower sodium broths and other Soups. Many people drain the liquid from other flavors of Soup to get a bit of a different flavor out of it.

Hey there,

Hopeful, you said something about our hormones changing??? Seriously??? I feel like I'm on the verge of tears every time someone says or does something I don't like. I thought it was just my other meds not working. I never thought the surgery, VGS, would do this. I feel like I need more head meds!!! Wonder how long this will last.....

kim

Hi, It lasts until you have lost the weight from my experience. I went a bit mad. I am fine now. Thankfully my marriage survived. You have to keep your head as level as possible.

I'm 7 months out. I originally thought I'd lose an even 100, (putting me at 135 on my 5'6 frame, (right in the middle of the healthy BMI zone). But today, having lost over 80 pounds and already wearing a size 6, I'm not so sure I need to go to 135. I've decided to shoot for 145 and re-evaluate. I may go for the extra 5 or 10, maybe not. My surgeon, like yours told me I could stop (if I wanted) at my 6 month follow up when my BMI was still in the overweight category. Guess I'm an over achiever, 'cause "average" doesn't work for me. My goals are MY goals. Go for a weight YOU feel good at (within healthy parameters, of course).

I am 4 days out post-op and I am sick of all of the sweet Protein Drink stuff. I was told to have liquids for at least 3 weeks but this is crazy. Purchased canned Soups are so high in sodium and low in Protein, and all of my after care paperwork says no Beans yet to make anything of substance.

I'm frustrated what could I have? Any ideas??? I have my Iso pures and Protein Powder for drinks but I want something for my "dinner" type of meal.

Unjury makes a protein chicken(less) broth. everything tasted too sweet to me early on as well.

Its not easy but your new stomach really needs time to heal. I didn't feel like anything sweet today, so to be honest I've only had Water. I'm glad that my stomach is doing its job with the hunger thing. But you have to get past head hunger, thats the worst.

I still have 2 more days of clear liquid until Monday, then I'll be able to do premier shakes so I'll easily up my Protein. I have to do liquids for another 10 days. Then finally puree. I'm looking forward to some pureed chili!

I am 18 days post op. I lost 16 pounds in the first week. Sine then I have not lost anything. The scale has not moved in 2 weeks. I am at a loss. The only thing I can think is my metabolism has shut down bc I'm not ingesting enough calories. I am getting my Protein requirements and Fluid requirements. Has anyone else experienced this?

my surgeon said that i would loose about 65 to 75% of my excess weight in the 1st year. If you are averaging 10+ lbs a month weight loss, thats good!

"I am 18 days post op. I lost 16 pounds in the first week. Sine then I have not lost anything. The scale has not moved in 2 weeks. I am at a loss. The only thing I can think is my metabolism has shut down bc I'm not ingesting enough calories. I am getting my Protein requirements and Fluid requirements. Has anyone else experienced this? "

Give it some time - you just had one heck of a procedure done - I gained 20+ lbs after my own surgery (I had complications and was in for a week with multiple blood transfusions). It is a myth that one's metabolism shuts down if you don't eat - the only time something like that phenomenon would occur is if you have no adipose tissue to burn, and the body truly goes into protective mode. Just follow your doctor's post op protocol and you will lose - small changes over time add up to huge numbers. I think my average loss was around 4-5 lbs a month in the first year. The nice thing is that the weight stays off if you follow protocol. 10 lbs a month is phenomenal.

It takes at least 8 weeks to heal. In my experience - slow losses are due to lack of hydration, letting calories in the form of sugars creep back in to your diet (they are insidious and go down very easy after the first year), and drinking calories.

One the the biggest reasons for the success of WL surgery is the metabolic changes that are set in motion - which also start with nutrition - i.e. removing processed carbs and sugar that generates insulin resistance.