Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Official What You Will Need For Your Upcoming Weightloss Surgery Thread!

tooth paste and breath mints, ipod, face wash, fluffy pillows and your own blanket cause that hospital bed was the worst ever, 3 days of that and I just didn't even want to lay down.

Oh wow, haven't heard that one before but an excellent idea! :)

Oh yes...I've had multiple surgeries and sleep with a sound machine at home. It is glorious!

i think the two things i used the most were ear plugs and a sleep mask...blessing for when i could actually get 5 min of sleep!

I brought the sleep mask and ear plugs- and extras for my roommate and we were the envy of all the ward! Those places are crazy loud! Oh, and if you use a CPAP, buy the smaller eyemask. The foam molded ones are cumbersome with the CPAP but the fabric ones work just fine and fit better.

Not sure how other sleevers have figured out how to keep their food from getting cold by taking 30-45 minutes to eat, but I ordered this online for me. I know...it's for babies...but it'll work for me with Portion Control as well. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

Green Sprouts Warming Plate

I bought a mug warmer from Wal-Mart, like one you put your coffee mug on to keep coffee warm while you're working.

Wanted to share my list, so far...

Non-food Items:

Pantry:

Only a month until surgery! Any suggestions that for items that you found useful?

Am going in for surgery tomorrow -- am so glad I am "deaf" ... honest .. I wear a hearing aid but will not wear it so that I can rest and recoup in silence ... thanks for the suggestion!!! My husband will be there to field all questions if the nurses need to ask me anything, so I might as well enjoy the silence! thanks again for the suggestion! Great idea!

Ear Plugs. They saved my sanity. The hospital was so loud and noisy as well as my room mate her family.

I sent my husband out for the gas ex strips, nose spray and tweezers( something about surgery sent my few annoying facial hairs to grow overtime)

I did need my robe, but stayed in the hospital gowns and used the slipper socks they put on me before surgery.

They gave me a cough bear that they put a tshirt on with the hospital logo and the name Bari Bear on it. (not sure if I like that bariatic term on it) and it was huge in helping walking and getting up and coughing.

I took a bra that I wore when I was nursing. It opened in the front and was very comfy. If you are amply bosomed this will help them not sit on top of your incision.

I suggest not a whole lot of your own nightwear for a couple reasons. They will get stained probably. Wear the hosp. gowns, they are usually quite thick and you can change them as many times as you want to feel fresh. Another must is your bed pillow from home..hosp. pillows are terrible, you will rest much better. Also ask for the gown bottoms and you are all set.

Hey all

How is the cough bear used? This seems so foreign as I would think that surgery site would be so sensitive you would not want to lean on anything. Also, did any ladies wear the camisol with stretch material as a support for your stomach? I've had one person tell me she did because she felt like her insides were going to fall out :-/

Holiday my surgery is a month away as well...what is · Funnel (Set of 3 nesting, $1 at DollarTree) and what will you do with it..

Hi, Shell I thought a funnel would be useful for getting shakes and powders to cups and mugs without a mess. Click the link (on the word funnel above) if you're still not sure what I mean.

Good luck with your surgery.

I never wore anything but the hospital gown and the non-skid slippers they provide. Someone suggested wearing to the hospital what you're going to wear home. Good idea. I didn't read or have any use for a computer. (i took neither) I watched a little TV, but very little. Lip balm is good, a travel sized pillow is good for your ride home. Use it between your tummy and the seatbelt. Take Shampoo, lotion, things like that. I took make up and DID apply some before I left the hospital. I used my cell phone a few times. Seriously, you need very little! If they don't have a heating pad, take one. I used my heating pad after I got home quite a bit. It was better than Tylenol for the pain. I only used pain meds at night and only for a few days after leaving the hospital. These are my suggestions!

Wow these are all excellent ideas! Keep them coming. :) I will get that list prepared soon. I ended up not having a lot of time this weekend. It just makes sense to wait until more ideas are brought up first anyhow.

Awesome, you all rock!! :D